Noob question here but i just got an SSD and i installed windows on it. What do i do to the old windows on the HDD...

Noob question here but i just got an SSD and i installed windows on it. What do i do to the old windows on the HDD? Can i just delete the old Windows folder and be done with it without formatting the whole disk?

no you aren't allowed to just delete that folder, it violates Microsoft's end user license agreement.

You need to file a request to Microsoft before you modify or delete any Windows folders. Even the old ones I'm afraid.

It did take a week for me to get a response once, but it's better than having a lawsuit and prison.

Just delete the old folder.

Illegal dumb shit, don't listen to this guy. You either have to take it to an authorized Windows repair shop or call Microsoft directly. Only then can you remove the folder.

lol dont do this op

As previously said you arent allowed to delete that folder because it violates Microsoft's end user license agreement.

And dont think microsoft wont know you just outed yourself online.

What happens if you delete the file on YOUR own computer?

Do they throw you in prison???

You are tampering with microsofts intellectual property which could be classed as hacking.
Just take your computer to a licensed vendor or call microsoft for directions.

Just delete the fucking folder and stop listening to Sup Forums

Effectively. Your motherboard detects the activity and won't let you boot anything until it gets an active internet connection, where it can send off the information to the authorities. After that, you're fucked. Often times, motherboards even have GSM chips hidden inside so that they can just send it as soon as you tamper with their shit.

cleaned up your image

Is there any motherboards you know of which do not have these anti privacy features?

Are there any other options for better privacy besides sub par OS's?

The only way to avoid all the paperwork is to install Gentoo on the original hard drive.

Just delete

yeah, just delete all the old windows software and keep your personal stuff and use it for data storage

What about this?

>authorities
>GSM chips hidden inside
made me kek

Kek while you can, cause it wont last long.

Just format the windows partition.

Throw DBAN on a flash drive and reboot your computer.

What if I changed the login screen?

>705 KB

Dumbass, how fucking new to computers are you? If you delete the Windows folder you can end up having to pay a huge fine or even go serve jail time. You're not allowed to touch it unless you have a license, take it to the pros and be done with it already.