Why do all the onion sites use php??

why do all the onion sites use php??

Other urls found in this thread:

cvedetails.com/product/128/PHP-PHP.html?vendor_id=74
cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/php/runtime
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedophilia#Pedophilia_and_child_molestation
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Php may be utter trash, but its real easy to throw a site together.

What else would they use?

lua, html, xhtml, et

>html
You mean they don't use HTML now?

>comparing html/xhtml to php

doesnt php generate the html?

Yes
>using lua as a web language

openwrt does it quite effectively. see LuCi

I don't know. I definitely would use something typesafe, like Scala, Java or Go
Probably Go.

>mysql_
>}else{

Can LuCi serve a million concurrent connections?

Ye

> I definitely would use something typesafe

This is one of the reasons PHP got such a bum rap (that and SQL injection, which they fixed with bind_param in version 5 many years ago). PHP is easy, so a lot of new programmers give it a go without any previous knowledge of typecasting (or programming). Typecasting is a waste of time and effort if you know what your doing, and that's what makes PHP fast, they cut out a lot of the busy work. It's a language for making web pages, not scientific analysis of the human genome. It's a great language with endless tutorials available online, it's just has to many wanna be programmers giving it a bad name.

How do you find/keep track of onion sites?

Current PHP isn't actually that bad. Just like JS is pretty good. They both get bad rep because a lot of people who are just starting out use them without any idea of what to do. The biggest problem with PHP I have is that working with it usually means working with legacy codebase that makes you want to blow your brains out every day at lunch break.

Because Onion is a meme, just like PHP.

>html, xhtml
kek.

>html
okay that got me

> # apt-get install tor apache2 php-cgi
> I are now hosting an anonymous site on tor and are completely safe and 100% NSA proof and it's on the hidden wiki lol

>working with legacy codebase that makes you want to blow your brains out every day at lunch break.
I withstood this for 3 years. Then I got a new job working on beautifully designed Java EE web services. It was like seeing the sun (haha pun) for the first time in 3 years.
Working with terrible code for so long has taught me patience, and being good at reading bad code is a useful skill too.

>Typecasting is a waste of time and effort if you know what your doing

lol

>Current PHP isn't actually that bad. Just like JS is pretty good.
if current PHP is anything like current JS then that's an argument to never ever use it.
Especially if you're writing something that's going to be a hidden service where people actually care about security.

bookmarks

Don't you know? Using Tor or a VPN your amends your right to privacy. The FBI can legally hack any computer (even outside US jurisdiction) if they suspect that they're using Tor or a VPN. This was passed after several CP cases were thrown out because the judge found that they legally couldn't hack their computer.

>The biggest problem with PHP I have is that working with it usually means working with legacy codebase that makes you want to blow your brains out every day at lunch break.
You just described my previous job, and why it is my previous and not current job.

Is the FBI gonna hack the FBI for throwing out pizzagate?

python

For throwing out a baseless conspiracy theory?

Hello FBI :)

>why do all the onion sites use php??
Welcome to sweeping generalisations inc

I feel like links change all the time though. Everytime I try to find an onion link it never works. Where can I find up to date links?

I feel sorry for you.

>baseless
There's more evidence for pizzagate being real than Russians leaking emails to influence our elections.

Don't spread disinformation.
They couldn't use the evidence from the last CP site bust, because the warrant didn't cover some of the evidence they gathered, because the hacked computers where outside of the jurisdiction of the judge who issued the warrant. I think they had to let pedos go, even though they had gathered evidence against them.
This rule change allows magistrate judges to issue such warrants.
They still need a warrant to hack you.

It is still problematic, because it allows FBI to hack computers outside the USA.

Their CVE list and bad web programmers give it a bad name
cvedetails.com/product/128/PHP-PHP.html?vendor_id=74

kys m8

That's why I use PHP on Google App Engine. I don't know why anyone would choose to manage their own environment anymore, time can be much better spent writing code that worrying about every security vulnerability that pops up. Let Googles 24/7 team of engineers worry about that crap.

They've most likely dealt with most of the issues listed, cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/php/runtime

FBI shouldn't be hacking people at all. It's an invasion of privacy laid out by the Constitution.

Using php is great for delivering web pages.

Using php for cron jobs is retarded (I see this a lot)

Constitution lets the government invade your privacy with a warrant.

wut

I think you're losing the right to privacy if you sign up and login into a pedo site, which coincidentally was captured and run by the FBI.

Does that amount of pedophiles even exists?

I agree. But you're missing the point. The government shouldn't be allowed to do shit like this. It's honestly scary.

>a million pedophiles

>The prevalence of pedophilia in the general population is not known, but is estimated to be lower than 5% among adult men. Less is known about the prevalence of pedophilia in women, but there are case reports of women with strong sexual fantasies and urges towards children. Most sexual offenders against children are male. Females may account for 0.4% to 4% of convicted sexual offenders, and one study estimates a 10 to 1 ratio of male-to-female child molesters. The true number of female child molesters may be underrepresented by available estimates, for reasons including a "societal tendency to dismiss the negative impact of sexual relationships between young boys and adult women, as well as women's greater access to very young children who cannot report their abuse", among other explanations.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedophilia#Pedophilia_and_child_molestation

So we're looking at between 1% to 5% of ~7 billion people, so about 70 to 350 million pedophiles.

That's quite enough a lot of maps for an atlas.