I'm using Arch Linux. AMA Anything

I'm using Arch Linux. AMA Anything.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/VFH83FmI0os
lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-general/2015-July/039443.html
notehub.org/876uv
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Where do you reside on the autism spectrum?

Windows Fag GTFO. This thread is only for POWER USERS!

rip in peace

> AMA Anything

> "Ask Me Anything Anything"

Why are you so retarded?

fpbp

You are envy because you lack the brain power to install a Arch and have FULL control over your OS.

I've installed it before. No envy. Just wondering what the reason is why OP is so retarded. Ate lead paint as a child maybe?

>I've installed it before.
Lie.

Why don't you just admit you are NOT a power user? I actually know how my computer works.

As do I. I have literally installed base Arch Linux using the wiki like a real man, and I have used Linux exclusively for years.

I choose to use Manjaro as my main OS instead of Arch because I use my computer for work, and don't have time to sink into manually installing everything like an autist.

what is your favorite anime? how many dragon dildos do you own? and lastly how feminine is your penis?

How the fuck do I boot from USB
What the fuck am I doing wrong
I disabled fast boot
Thanks disabled safe boot
youtu.be/VFH83FmI0os

>using the wiki like a real man
What a fucking noob wiki toddler.

> and don't have time to sink into manually installing everything like an autist.
Because you don't know how your system works. Arch is the most stable distro. I use it in all my servers.

How many pills do you take per day?

have you tried not using uefi, jake?

I disabled safe boot***
What do I use then

I'm a real man. The only pill I ever took was the redpill.

gentoo gives you even more control

Use the first option in the second column, you pen drive's name without "UEFI".

DELETE THIS

Why didn't you build LFS instead? Not smart enough?

Thank you I will try that

Arch is the superior OS for power users.

Ok, so you're that retarded that you think toddlers are the only humans that follow instructions. Congrats.

Arch is no more stable than the other reputable distros, so you're also a biased retard. In conclusion, you are very similar to about 90% of the people on this forum. Once again, congrats. I bet you actually thought you were a special snowflake for doing what 9/10 people on this forum have done before you.

>not using slackware
plebians

I also would like to know this, how far can you insert your dragon dildo into your anus OP?

How much do you resent systemd?

>wake up
>reinstall gentoo because overnight recompile of kernel failed
>compile firefox
>compile other utilities
>sun is setting
>have to recompile kernel because bleeding edge
>start recompilation of kernel
>go to sleep
>repeat

gee, it sounds fun

kek that much damage control

NOOBUNTUS ON SUICIDE WATCH

Woah woah woah hold on pardner summer is pretty far off.

Slackware does not contribute to the Linux community, it never did.
Ubuntu, Fedora, Redhat, SUSE Linux are trying their best to take linux computing further by actually developing stuff. What did Slackware ever do. It's been there for ages. It survived so long but yet to achieve ANYthing. Much like a cockroaches that survived ice age but never really obtained anything meaning full like Dinosaurs or Mammoths.
This might hurt you but Slackware community is a poison that Linux has no use for. What did they ever contribute to? Developing/contributing to BTRFS? Snapper? Kcraft/Kernel hotpatching? FreeDesktop? GNOME? KDE? Wayland? Mir? Snaps? Flatpak? LXC containers? OpenZFS? OBS? Convergence? KVM? High-end Xeon (or instanbul) support? GRO? Systemd-ui/kcm? KIWI?

I'll tell you what slackware ever did: Bitch and moan about systemd - because bitching and moaning is ONLY what Slackware is good for. It's pathetic and has a negative effect on the community.

> OMG HE REPLIED TO A Sup Forums POST! DAMAGE CONTROL GUIZE!!1

The slackware userbase is just as pretentious: they never did anything productive because they are too busy in going to online forums to show off their manual dependency management skills instead of getting real things done. They will NOT like to admit there's no dependancy management because there's a sever lack of devs as mentioned in the number one reason in Slackware faqs. They'll BLINDLY follow what their cult leader do: use an abandonware bootloader and preach its superiority over any other bootloaders, or sperg about how vanilla their distro is.
When they are asked why they use the distro they ALL will give you the same brainwashed, mindless response: "Because of stability".
The users seem to forget the simple fact that Slackware does NOT fix ANY (again: ANY) upstream bugs. So if there's any bug in x-org or gtk, those packages will be just as buggy in Slackware as in Ubuntu. They just seem to forget that Slackware isn't more stable than other distros with the SAME bugs that causes instability.
Some of them will claim "Slackware doesn't have distro specific bugs"
However as I write this Slackware has had total of 35 security vulnerabilities: 9 of which is DoS, 13 remote code excecution, 10 Overflows, a memory corruption, a login bypass and 3 privilege esclations. (CVE details)

Now I know what you are thinking: "I should put my feet on the backpedal and claim it has ((less)) distro specific bugs"
Excuse me? I heard slackware is a "vanilla distro". If it were SO great, why are there vanilla bugs. If you are comparing to distros that are ten times more usable like ubuntu, I'd trade those bugs with usability and productivity. Ubuntu has paid, professional maintainers unlike an unemployed community of hobbyists.

I think we should completely exile them, they can move to BSD or some other garbage.

How do you configure wired network?

>says the guy that can't into Arch Linux

>overnight recompile of kernel
What piece of shit hardware are you using?
Takes like 30 minutes, tops.

In what ways? You have less control over your system.

Once again, I have installed it before.

It was on a hobby machine. I decided against making it my main OS due to the time it would take to reinstall the things I already had up-and-running on my desktop running Manjaro. I need it running to remote into my work PC, so I can't risk having it in the middle of an Arch installation on one of those days.

Is there anybody else here who is an adult and understands what I mean?

> inb4 "More damage control!"

Only noobs face those problems. Stop try to avoid the fact that you are basically a mac toddler.

Just wrong.

what makes it any better than say, archlinux?
why should a distribution do anything other than distribute software and the linux kernel?
>It's pathetic and has a negative effect on the community
name one way. I'll wait.
>use an abandonware bootloader and preach its superiority over any other bootloaders
slackware has the option of using GRUB.
>mindless response: "Because of stability".
that's the same with other release-based distros such as debian and even SUSE.
>the simple fact that Slackware does NOT fix ANY (again: ANY) upstream bugs.
slackware receives security updates.
>no dependancy management because there's a sever lack of devs as mentioned in the number one reason in Slackware faqs.
ever hear of KISS?

sorry your childish mind can't comprehend the fact that just because a distro only distributes software doesn't mean it's bad.

You are right. I will sell all of my existing equipment and go buy an Apple computer that looks like a trash can. Thanks for helping me realize that Linux has too many buttons and I need to pay people to make computer.

>muh super cuztomizable OS

enable legacy boot

What brain power? You just followed the fucking installation manual retard. Don't talk like you accomplished something.

Its nice

Is this the neo neofetch thread?

lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-general/2015-July/039443.html

Why do you voluntarily get raped by cuck devs?

6 minutes and 5 seconds here on an i3, he is just retarded.

First of all, let me commend you on the splendid get.
Secondly, that dev is the cuck. Systemd is glorious.

That mailing list isn't really that much about systemd. It's about how Arch doesn't split packages, have "alternatives" (xbps-alternatives, update-alternatives, ecletic, eselect). It's about how there is no voting system like in Debian, no **supported** or **guranteed to work** option to say change /usr/bin/python to python2.7 or /bin/sh to /bin/dash.

> systemd
> le control
TOP KEK

I haven't used Arch in about 4 years. What's new? Do they have atomic updates yet?

I did not. I installed and configured it all by myself.

How long have you lived in your moms basement?

Arch users are fucking retarded lmfao

br filho da puta vai toamr no cu porrrra
se eu te vir na rua quebro a porra da cara
desinstaala essa BOSTa de distribuissaum de autista do caralho

He's mad about systemd.
That other trivial shit is just venting.

>AMA Anything

how do you get wifi-menu to work? i get an error that says some %/ shit but i have nothing like that in my goddamn profile what do?

I'm genuinely interested. How did you know?

op aqui btw

So your telling me the option to use dash (a lot faster than bash, it's also POSIX and standard compliant) as /bin/sh is "trivial"? Or using python2.7 instead of python3.5 is "trivial"?

notehub.org/876uv

installing software does not take any time at all. You're just lazy.

Read about netctl

It's Ask Me Anytime.

I just used the route command and checked my ip table, my router's ip is that and the Use Iface is my wifi.

i pinged it and i got nothing back. none of this makes sense.

How does it feel knowing ur a NIGGER? Do you practice masochism in other fields of your life?

Arch supports UEFI you tard.

It is booting, youre just not getting video out. Try plugging your monitor into your motherboard video out.

>I'm using Arch Linux. AMA Anything.
When did you last have anal sex with your boyfriend?

Clean your monitor you goddamned jizz ridden nerd!

>reinstall things

literally yaourt -S program

Windows 10 Pro is for power users, its in the title

>getting baited this hard

Have you ever used a Mac? I used Arch with a comfy i3 setup along with dmenu and learning to use all of the keybinds fluently.

Recently got a MacBook. It's pretty fucking rad. After taking a day to explore it thoroughly I felt right at home switching from arch. Its pretty comfy I can't lie.

Tl;dr first sentence