Is a notebook without a full hd display really that bad?

Is a notebook without a full hd display really that bad?

>Is a notebook really that bad?
Yes. No portable computer can compare to a separate 24"+ screen.

Honestly,maybe for 2010. Not now though. Here in Cancuckistan, laptops that are around $1000 are still 1366x768 which is disgusting.

My old T410 from 2010 has a 1440x900 screen. I just upgraded to an Acer Swift 3 and it was just shy of $1000 with tax and has a 1080p screen. Quite a nice upgrade for productivity.

for a

I'll admit that laptops have a much better use case for being IPS-only than desktop monitors do
Still, Sup Forums always told me that 13" 1080p was a bad thing

displays with less than 200 ppi are shit and there is no reason for them to exist in the current year

Depends on the screen size and resolution.
Anything over 12" with 1366x768 is more than that bad
Anything over 14" with 1600x900 is bad
Anything over 15" with under 1080p is bad

Not really, no.

I've been using a 14 inch 1366x768 laptop for 3 years now and it's decent.

1080p would be nice, but 768p isn't intolerable.

On mid-range laptops I have seen TN displays that look a lot better than IPS displays head-on. I've even seen some Notebookcheck reviews showing this, with IPS displays having like 60% of the sRGB colour-range and having only 50hz pulse-width modulation (bad for your eyes).

IPS doesn't always mean better than TN.

I have a 13.3" 1366 x 768, going 1080p would be a great improvement, but for what i do with it (typing), its not necessary. Going IPS would be much more helpful, because the angles on my TN panel are absolute trash.

no, faggots here enjoy bashing 1366x768 while it is actually fine for

Is 2560x1440 good on 24"?
I was planning on getting an Asus VX24AH

1080p in a 13 inch is too small for me. I could make everything bigger but I might as well use a smaller resolution.

Yes. There's not enough space to properly open two windows side by side so they're terrible for productivity imo.

For some reason people here are really particular about keyboards because muh productivity. But completely rationalise awful 768p TN panels, you know the thing you will be looking at 99.9% of the time while using the computer.

anything below 1440p is dogshit

Shit keyboards give me RSI.

i have 1600 x 900 and screen looks really good. Sure, having more pixels would make it better for having more windows on the screen but it's a 15.6 inch screen and I don't have young virgin eyes and shit would probably be too small to read if it wasn't scaled back up. so I'm happy with better performance/longer battery life on my cuckbook.

shit looks great to me but I was computing in the MS DOS era so take that with a grain of salt

I miss dos games
Brb downloading childhood

I got a Lenovo 15ASZ (I think it's that) £300, 1080p screen, it's awesome, only problem is shit battery life which I fixed with a modded battery compartment so I can just switch out the lithium cells

768p is more than enough on the go you fucking autist

>shit battery life
>1080p screen
I wonder why

Depends on the size and quality of the display. I have a Thinkpad X60s with a 12.1 display that is 1024 x 768(it is ANCIENT) but it looks good enough.

I have a iBook G4 with a 14 display at 1024 x 768 and it looks good enough too.

^Those are 4:3 displays

I also have a piece of Junk Advent with a 15.6 at 1366 x 768 which is fucking NASTY.

on top of all that
>£300
this, the resolution doesn't matter. the size does

The point of laptops, is to be able to use them "on the go". So a good high res screen is essential if you want to be "productive" on the go.

how will a higher res help your workflow? everyone's workflow is different so arguing about this is pointless. I value battery over resolution, 12 hours SOT with a 9 cell battery 1366x768 Elitebook at 7 pounds

It literally only has 2 lithium cells as opposed to the normal 6 or 8 other laptops have, or a nice custom shaped like pack

No. It's really comfy.

t. 1366x768 user.