BUZZFEED BTFOS Sup Forums

How does it feel knowing that fucking buzzfeed is better at Technology than you guys?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/pvVpnVX6fXU
youtube.com/watch?v=X5MMgnMIpG4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>internet connected gun
The fuck is that even going to do?

Shoot up online schools

Forgot link

youtu.be/pvVpnVX6fXU

Hopefully give 3/4 of the Buzzfeed staff PTSD the first time it's discharged.

Because criminals are totally going to use a gun with a GPS tracker, right?

A lot of low-level gangbangers or independently operating criminals proudly carry around GPS trackers in the form of smartphones. I wouldn't expect most to be terribly smart.

>alerts when it fires
Yeah and literally ever gun owner would just pull out the battery because that'd be a nuisance, especially when cleaning and shit
>what if every gun had that
They want to ruin antique weapons with that shit don't they?

for_what_purpose.jpeg

This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

really compelled me to partake in a thought experiment and form a conclusion

Really activates my sodium/potassium channels

I can see the usefulness if this is on one of your self defense weapons, but the end of the video implies that they want to legislate it into all guns. Even if it's easy to disable, it would drive up the costs of manufacture and make the shooting range a pain.

So how long until someone streams murders where the chat controls who pulls the trigger? Thanks Buzzfeed!

Liberals are stupid. Just have full coverage of CCTV with gun shot detectors and live monitors like they secretly have in major cities near critical zones all over the world.

The way they worded it is wrong

All it does is put a GPS marker on where the gun was "fired" exactly. It doesn't allow people to shoot the gun for you.

But I mean I can't imagine someone hasn't made a red room where people spam some button within a timeframe to decide who dies first.

They're absolutely fucking stupid if they think this would ever work to catch criminals.

I'm fairly certain if you discharge you will have the same effect

Kek

Why not just force all niggers to wear GPS tracking bracelets? Problem solved.

>dat doujin
I didn't need that boner right now

The problem with liberals isn't that they want to track us.

The problem with liberals is they'll buy any gimmicky and overly complicated bullshit. This is like Solar Roadways 2.0.

If you want something to work reliably and consistently, you want to keep it as simple as possible. That's why guns try to keep moving parts to a minimal. Do you see a gun with a battery? No, of course not. That's just fucking stupid. You're making it too complicated and it's not going to work when you need it.

So this thing is going to activate a tracker every time you fire it? Why? What's the point? Presuming I'll dry fire the gun to check its internal parts or just to check the firing mechanism, there is obviously going to be a way to disable this. Am I going to have to plug it into a usb jack and use my computer to turn it off? Will it just come off? What problem does this solve? What problem do they think it'll solve?

It's just fucking bad engineering. And that's the problem with liberals. They're not engineers, so they love overly complicated, fancy gimmicky bullshit.

What's up with the stars?

Nice

>wrapping your whole finger around the trigger
>slapping the trigger

Fucking libs.

O fug

So from what I was able to understand, the primary method of communication for this device is through a cellular connection. Even if this were an irremovable part of nearly all available guns, couldn't the signal be easily disrupted/blocked by faraday shield of any kind? Meaning I could practically wrap the thing in fucking tinfoil and go apeshit without anyone knowing.

How the fuck would you practice shooting

fuck this earth I want out

Good to know we're getting a step closer to actually having those dominators from Psycho Pass

Ok, that was pretty good
calle

This is so painfully retarded and irrational. Why is it that people with no practical experience in this issues always come up with the most moronic solutions... usually to problems that don't even exist.

Putting a digitally controlled lock on the gun doesn't seem like it would be super difficult, and it's more that nobody's bothered doing something like that. The real hurdle is the cloud computing system that can recognize who the gun is pointed at and evaluate if they are a criminal risk.

Really activated my almonds

reaction.gif

Holy kek

I imagine this will have to ping server periodically to register it's latest location, and if it fails to, cops will have to retrieve the gun back.

This will at least control civilian possession of gun. Thugs who obtain gun from illegal sources can do what they want I guess.

>2016
>not using Sup Forums gold account

Tweet the kill score

>Radio on weapon
>Radio on holster
>It needs both to work
>Radio on holster is a cell phone device
>Tfw gun requires monthly plan with two year contract

It's like fucking nothing.

>shoots into the trashcan
why

You'd have to try pretty hard to get this shaken up over a gunshot.

>.223
>bruised shoulder
This is either bullshit or this guy is a banana.

youtube.com/watch?v=X5MMgnMIpG4

zozzle

lmao

I could see this being useful for cops and soldiers as a way of alerting hq to a situation and there location.

I doubt it but...
...If we could do a "guns of the patriots" style thing and have all of our guns with IDs so only the owner and "trusted" others could fire it, it'd be neat.
Gun companies would register people with the gun(s) they buy, if a shooting is occuring in an area, all the companies could lock all the guns in the area, effectively disarming the criminals should they be using registered weapons, reguardless if they own it or not.

Killing yourself remotely.

>The way they worded it is wrong
No they knew exactly how to word it. It's fucking buzzfeed after all, extremely misleading clickbait headlines are part of their identity.

Really sends action potentials down your ganglions.

>Gersh Kuntzman
>Kuntzman
>Cunt man
No wonder he's a whiny cunt

nice trigger discipline

considering the company he works for, probably both

lol u mother fucker.

Improper trigger discipline is my trigger

same desu

>tfw i get subconsciously triggered even if they're not holding actual guns
>tfw you see someone with no trigger discipline using power tools
feels bad to be this autistic tqbh

>in dangerous area
>carrying my nanny-state approved firearm with integrated tracker and safety lock
>5 round mag that's locked to the gun so that a mass shooter can't kill 300 children a minute
>criminal starts shooting
>suddenly can't defend myself from a criminal with an illegal unregistered gun because my registered gun is shut down for my safety

Now this is top kek

you propably had to buy an illegal gun from the start.

>I could see this being useful for cops and soldiers as a way of alerting hq to a situation and there location.

This. I can certainly see some potential uses for something like this in law enforcement/military/security where if the gun is being fired it's likely shit has already hit the fan. Being buzzfeed though I doubt they were thinking of even semi-practical applications.

>that lack of trigger discipline.

They should just set up the guns so they sample your DNA and imprint it on the bullet at time of firing. Like in the awful 90s Judge Dredd movie.

It won't stop killing, but we'll know exactly who did the shooting.

>Criminals will buy guns with geotrackers in them
>Criminals wont just take them out
>People will accept mandatory tracking of all guns at all times
>Massive potential for abuse with false discharges
>You have to join a network which will text you whenever someone fires their gun
>Gun manufacturers will bother
>Law enforcement will shell out cash to modify their weapons, holsters and maintain the infrastructure to handle this sytem when they already have radios on them and can easily just say when shots have been discharged
The only application this has is military and even then it opens an avenue to cyber attack. Regardless, it wont happen for the next 20 years at least

>bruised my shoulder
For crying out loud, my dad took me to a firing range in my life and even though I never fired a gun in my life I still knew to place the stock firmly against my shoulder. Did he never play a single video game in his life?

Posting a random webm because I don't have the one I wanted to post

Put me in the screenshot