Now that the dust has settled - do we know what happened to TrueCrypt?

Now that the dust has settled - do we know what happened to TrueCrypt?

What are the alternatives?

pic unrelated

Other urls found in this thread:

dyne.org/software/tomb/
ghacks.net/2015/04/02/truecrypt-audit-phase-ii-completed-4-vulnerabilities-identified/
magazine.atavist.com/the-mastermind
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bump

get an SSD that supports hardware encryption, preferably a TCG Opal compliant one..

Paul Le Roux became an informant and shut it down possibly at the FBI's request.

If encryption is not done at the software end and is the job of closed source firmware and hardware, does that not make it vulnerable to backdoors?

Are there any good open source alternatives?

VeraCrypt

You got a source for that, chummer?

NSA happened. Use Veracrypt or Tomb. dyne.org/software/tomb/

Veracrypt

>Veracrypt
>Veracrypt
>Veracrypt

Is it very user friendly? I just about managed to send a message using PGP to a totally legal seller of totally legal items on a totally legal website, but even then I was having my hand held by a user guide.

Keep using truecrypt. It's audited and proven to be secure.

Extremely, its almost like bitlocker

>proven to be secure
You cannot prove that, faggot. It hasn't been proven to be insecure so far.

I meant so far.
>autism

Only the first stage of auditing was done,meaning no backdoors or third party privy.It was shutdown before the 2nd audit

That's one more audit than veracrypt has had.

The second stage was done as well. ghacks.net/2015/04/02/truecrypt-audit-phase-ii-completed-4-vulnerabilities-identified/

The guy behind truecrypt is very shady. Read the wikipedia entry. Some agency probably got to him due to his illegal activities and made him shut down truecrypt.

I imagine anyone who has spent a significant portion of their time working to develop a software kit for pedos will be shady.

something with twofish

what have you got to hide?

magazine.atavist.com/the-mastermind

thank you very much, I had no idea of the history of the man