Default fonts

>default fonts
>default colors
>default wallpaper, or none at all if that is the default
Why waste time with useless customizing that doesn't change functionality?

If I'm gonna stare at a screen all day then I might as well make it look nice.

The default is usually okay though.

It's not

/thread

I do agree though that extensive ricing is retarded.

is this the new desktop thread

I'm sure you lead a rich and productive life

Ayyy, great game and possibly even greater OST

i got ss rank on most of the levels, but i haven't played it in a long time so i'm sure they've added more

>extensive ricing is retarded.

Well.. good thing that there is no such thing as too much ricing

You could do something productive instead

>there exists some action that is more productive on a computer than ricing it.

That's the dumbest shit I have heard

After setting up my phone again after a mobo swap today, I've forgotten about just how much customization I have to do to just make the fucking thing look default and the way Im used to.

>extensive ricing is retarded
Depends on the definition of ricing. Building your own startpage and working on the CSS for seven hours or doing other Sup Forums desktop thread tier bullshit is of course retarded, but setting up a DM, WM and essential accessories properly is perfectly reasonable and required to be productive. Since you hopefully backup and sync your dotfiles, you only have to do it once as well.

If you turn your computer on for the only purpose of using your computer, you're doing something wrong.

I use awesomewm and don't really care what the background is because it's covered by windows at all times. I don't bother with transparency, pseudo or otherwise.

fonts and colors (depending on which colors you change) can help you get less eye strain, letting you work more time.

!!

i like customazing tho, i enjoy it
funny

Because Linux users don't do anything productive anyway. They always act as if they did but they actually don't

>Dreamweaver
One of those moments when you can tell someone is a retard even though you never shared a word with that person

I'm not into customization. I know lots of faggots love to dye their hair and get 'meaningful' tattoos and have a phone case that looks like their favorite album cover and have a car all riced out and shit, and it's stupid as hell.

But decorations do influence your moods. There was a study called something like 'hospital room syndrome' and it found people who lived in undecorated rooms were more prone to depression.

I rarely do any customization, but I slapped on a snowy wallpaper for December to help put me in the Christmas mood.