webmshare.com/play/Wn1GD
webmshare.com/play/6wK0n
webmshare.com/play/gBdJb
webmshare.com/play/RAE86
webmshare.com/play/LX38L
archive.is/imfuckingbraindead
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feature_creep
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It doesn't really matter because it's still the best browser at the moment.

I don't know. Are the devs even trying anymore? Why is it so fucking slow?

SJWs (being 100% serious btw)

>takes eons to load web pages
>best
k

adblock causes problems

>SJWs (being 100% serious btw)
[citation needed]

>takes eons to load web pages
maybe on your shitbox

Tried too hard to copy Chrome instead of emphasizing its good points (extensibility).

lolnope

These tests were done on a Skylake Xeon, 16GB of RAM and a PCI-Express SSD. e10s enabled and dom.ipc.processCount set to 50. Now tell me Firefox isn't slow:

>FF vs Chrome - 30 Random sites
webmshare.com/play/KBm8v
>FF vs Chrome - 11 News sites
webmshare.com/play/Meo8O
>FF vs Chrome - 40+ Instagram profiles on Windows
webmshare.com/play/Wn1GD
>FF vs Chrome - 40+ Instagram profiles on Arch Linux
webmshare.com/play/6wK0n
>FF vs Chrome on bad machine (2core/2thread - 2GB RAM)
webmshare.com/play/gBdJb
>FF vs Chrome with uBlock
webmshare.com/play/RAE86

>Vivaldi vs Opera vs Chrome
webmshare.com/play/LX38L

the sjws!!!!!!!
archive.is/imfuckingbraindead
#gamergate #cuck

slower than chrome means it takes eons to load pages?

good to know... i'll stick with firefox

Shills, that's what went wrong.

No multiprocess browsing until recently.

>slower than chrome means it takes eons to load pages?
I'm not that user

>good to know... i'll stick with firefox
say hi to your wife's son for me

>always ff loading before chrome
>disregarding inetcache
>not comparing using private browsing mode
>claiming some software sucks when your data storage is the bottleneck
>claiming to be using an ssd
ayy lmao

3 cents have been added to your mozilla corp (tm) positivity account sally.

Firefox is evolving.
They are getting rid of years of bloat and adding sandbox processes plus cross browser extensions. Then they will port over old APIs so more advanced extensions will work. And after that they are adding a new theme API.

Have faith user.

>say hi to your wife's son for me
you sure told me

if i ever need to load simultaneously load 40 webpages, i'll still choose firefox

>failing to provide worthy rebuttal
>resorts to child-level insults
2/10
btw, how much is google paying for this? where you instructed to repost this because the previous "attempts with the other stuff" failed miserably? how do you think this one is going? will you still on the payroll after this one fails too?

google doesn't need to pay people to convince people to use its browser, just using it for five minutes and not being a complete sperglord is enough.

>being this stupid

google stands to gain much more from mongoloids such as yourself using their browser than mozilla ever will

Did they change their chrome 1.5 theme yet?
Did they remove that chat and assorted bloatshit yet?
What about those godawful leaks?

I'm still at FF 39

if mozilla didn't want to be irrelevant, maybe they should have improved their browser to the point where people actually continued wanting to use it instead of wasting time on stupid shit nobody wants.

network.http.pipelining = True
network.http.pipelining.max-optimistic-requests = 8
network.http.pipelining.maxrequests = 64
network.http.max-persistent-connections-per-proxy = 64
network.http.max-persistent-connections-per-server = 8
network.dns.disableIPv6 = True
nglayout.initialpaint.delay = 0
You are welcome.

execs don't care about their own product.

It's slow because you are using Firefox, which is still in process to becoming something really good.

Proof? Nightly is a beast. Best fucking browser at the moment. Lightning fast, with sexy e10s multiprocess, nice useful containers, robust, safe, open source.

/thread

The only reason I don't use chrome is because I don't have the handy dandy search bar here that lets me quickly search things, and it even opens them up in new tabs and doesn't take focus if I don't want to look at it immediately. it's just so convenient.

>unironically using firefox over chrome

kill yourself

t. anally flustered firecuck

Should have had multi process support way back in 2009-2010

They went full retard with the version numbering, started dropping features, then Australis happened, and now that Eich's gone they're really going to shit.t

Brendan Eich and his """language"""

They stopped listening to their users.

This has to be bait.

>always ff loading before chrome
No, I did not?
>disregarding inetcache
>not comparing using private browsing mode
I deleted all data, cookies, cache etc before every test as you can see in the video
>claiming some software sucks when your data storage is the bottleneck
>claiming to be using an ssd
Plextor M6e.. bottleneck, okay lol.

either youre baiting or completely retarded

They dropped ALSA support

Lack of good leadership.

Their roadmap is all over the place. They have no real destination, they veer off constantly adding things and then removing them again. Thinks that should be implemented for security and reliability get pushed back constantly and performance continues to suffer.

>OH SHIT, CHROME IS EATING AWAY AT OUR MARKETSHARE, LET'S BE MORE LIKE CHROME TO COMPETE!
>FUCK, WE'RE STILL LOSING MARKETSHARE, WE NEED TO COPY CHROME MORE!
>WHY ISN'T COPYING CHROME WORKING?

Being late to the boat with every feature and security enhancement since they keep bolting new code on top of the ancient Netscape codebase.

The codebase should have been dumped years ago and Servo should have been out years ago.

Might as well ask here, is it botnet? if yes, which fork is good and can I import my bookmarks from chrome to it?

SJWs

In chrome you can search via the URL bar and do ALT+Enter to open in a new tab.

Nothing all that bad.

It's the web itself that's the cancer.

It's your typical open source shit. Chromium is different as it's driven by huge commercial interests (Google) but Firefox is your typical OSS thing where it's a bunch of volunteers bitching at each other and getting nothing done.

The overuse and misuse of the word botnet on this board is really triggering

#BTFO

I'm a bit mad about this. There's no way I'm going to install PulseAudio and take Red Hat's / Lennart's dick up my ass. Then again, there's hardly any good options and Chromium is even worse

Whats a good chrome fork alternative to FF?
Iridium?

Chromium is okay after a few tweaks, but I'll miss Nightly.

Chrome and Chromium are two different browsers

Waterfox works for me. I like it. Why you shillin again OP? It's Christmas brah, gotta be joyful!

I will gladly take pages taking 1s more to load in exchange for customizability

Personally I am enjoying pale meme. Might give iridium a try tho

Nothing went wrong, Nightly is the fastest and most memory efficient browser that destroys Chrome Botnet in performance

OP IS A FAGGOT

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feature_creep

Corsair should sponsor chrome being a total ram destroyer.

And it still sucks

DONT DO THIS
THIS MAKES MUSTARD GAS

See

>Firefox is evolving.
>Have faith user.

It is... slower than a horde of turtles. Electrolysis is probably over a decade old. Every release promises "performance improvements" that are really never there. Mozilla's development process is too damn slow. Until they FINALLY make multi-process mainstream and all the other improvements you mentioned, we might be dead... or using something else.

The current state Firefox is in is deplorable. The browser simply crawls to a halt within a few months of use. Install a few extensions and it's guaranteed slow down the browser even further.

Oh, and JavaScript. JS performance in Firefox is an absolute disgrace. "Stop Running this Script?" One single script can kill an entire session.

Firefox is number 1, fastest easiest browser around

Firefox freezes for 3 secs everytime i load a huge page (Sup Forums catalogue, facebook, etc etc)

is anyone experiencing the same?

The fun of Chrome of course, is pages of this

e10s is nearly done. It's on by default in Nightly. Stable has it enabled by default if you use Web Extensions.

It doesn't matter because we have Chrome (Chromium, ChrOpera).
No need to talk about this garbage anymore.

not seeing initialpaint in my config

if that actually worked and wasn't glitchy then it would be enabled by default. besides, that's just to allow it to catch up to chrome's loading speeds, chrome still obliterates it in HTML5 video, canvas and javascript

Create a new entry for it

Pipelining rapes servers. That's why it's off.

I'm genuinely trying to like it (I like the themed UI) and trying to use it for development, but pic related is just ridiculous.

Keep in mind this is with just Sup Forums open. ONE tab. 3 GB. I have many other tools open, eating up the rest of my 8 GB.

Firefox just can't be used in a serious development environment.

>3 GB
>normal

For comparison. Same exact workflow (which by the way is like twice as fast considering the human doesn't have to wait for the browser to do its job, unlike with Firefox).

(It's barely 1 GB)

why does chrome like to spam my task manager with that?

feature creep bloated it all out of proportion

Why are you on Sup Forums?

It's how it does its multithreading. It's like the Apache server, for instance. It spawns many processes and lets the OS handle multithreading. There is a process for each tab (I only have 4 open) and then some others for other internal stuff.

>Hurrr firefox is slow
Because it doesn't grab your info periodically and preload webpages and searches it somehow /knows/ you want before you even finish typing it.

It searches your stuff after you type it down, waiting for your input rather than spying on what you're doing.

To learn and talk
my firefox and internet explorer and opera don't do that

The UI on Javascript-heavy pages is also sluggish as fuck, and it takes AGES to start up.

Also see
Take your head out of your ass and admit Chrome is a much better piece of technology. You don't owe allegiance to anybody user, form your own opinions based on experience.

I like having tree style tabs, installing whatever addons I want without having my browser disable them without my consent, and being able to enter a website the browser THINKS is bad (such as a torrent side).

That's my experience.

I don't know about tree style tabs, but you can do the other things in Chrome too. It's all one configuration option away.

Plus Firefox won't let you install unsigned addons from now on, so by your own words you should deem Chrome (or any other, really) the better option.

See how you are not choosing your browser based on rational thinking and experience, but ego and stupid polarization? If you can't see that now after what you just said, there's nothing I can say that will open your eyes.

Have a good day, user.

Ive been using Vivaldi passed 3 weeks. Like it so far

>It's all one configuration option away.
Going into dev mode just to manually install an addon in chrome without having it disabled is fucking annoying honestly.

Like, holy shit how is fucking Youtube Center an unsigned addon but the myriad of shit installers want to put in my browser get a free pass? (I've done tests in the past about this)

I have yet to see Firefox deny me such a thing. I stopped updating it before the SJW fiasco anyway.

The very premise of FOSS is SJW. Look at its basic tenets. What do you think happens in communist communities?

You'd best know the commissar!

It's just like russia. Got 10 pairs of boots, but no socks.

Neat. I assume nglayout.initialpaint.delay is an integer?

I switched to chromium a month ago, custom compiled it on gentoo without unnecessary shit (hangout support etc) and it is fucking fast.
Firefox in on the same machine take ages to reload the previous session.

You know Firefox days are over when switching from Firefox to Chrome felt exactly like when I switched from IE6 to Firefox.

based google.

>>FF vs Chrome - 40+ Instagram profiles on Windows
>webmshare.com/play/Wn1GD
>>FF vs Chrome - 40+ Instagram profiles on Arch Linux
>webmshare.com/play/6wK0n
Holy shit Windows also destroys Arch in performance (what is supposed to be the fastest linux distro).

Freetards getting btfo left and right.

enjoy your botnet, pajeet

how do I install IceCat on windows?

cuck

1) mozilla not giving a flying fuck about what anyone except the most retarded subset of normies wants (but isn't even asking for)
2) killing addons
3) removing features and telling people to write an addon if they want it back
4) slow as fucking dogshit in starting and rendering
5) stupid non-solutions like forced signed addons

>Unironically using the botnet

wtf i love chromium now

Seriously the only reason I use Firefox is that because I have million tabs open, it doesn't shrink them so you can properly read the tab full name

With Chrome you have million tabs and they're not scrollable it's just a clusterfuck of 2 milimeter tabs that you can't even see the website name and you just randomly click from one to another

Is there any way to fix this on chrome?

Tell me how you put tabs on bottom in Chromium and I'll switch.

Tabs on top is inefficient and triggers my autism so much.

Ok, somebody explain this.
Are these developers retarded and actually think this looks fucking usable?

>Firefox 52 requires pulseaudio

That and the awful download manager are pretty much the only issues I have with chrome.

Thanks! Someone should make an extension doing these operations (is there already one maybe?), otherwise normal people won't ever know and drop Firefox without trying.

Also why isn't this by default in FF if it makes it faster?

Sorry I'm a normal

They removed Brendan Eich for defending traditional marriage by making a small political donation with his own money. When companies turn political, they go down the shitter. Focus on making a good product, not on SJW garbage.

Why does firefox lag like shit while chrome is really snappy?
I don't mean in opening websites but overall feel when browsing and changing tabs is such a shitty experience like I'm still using a dual core not an i7