Daily reminder: Windows 10 Professional x64 is superior to other operating systems for desktops and laptops...

Daily reminder: Windows 10 Professional x64 is superior to other operating systems for desktops and laptops. Linux belongs to servers and embedded devices. Get over it, Sup Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A_GlGglbu1U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

/thread

>needs to replace start menu
Then you already know it's shit

>I hate having options to customize my OS exactly how I want

How the fuck did you make the start menu all not gay and shit

no different from changing elements of the DE in Linux, yet somehow Windows always gets shit for this sort of thing

classic shell

I prefer 8.1

>1600x900
>Wi-Fi icon
>Battery icon

btfo laptop nigger.

You just got the freedom to use a start menu of your desire.
Original start menu is pretty dank for touch-enabled devices, which is not the case here.

>being a desktop loser
>not being mobile
I bet you don't leave your parent's house too often.

I finally updated to anniversary update and it is so much better and faster than windows 10. Fuck all of you

>laptops
That would be macOS

>mobile shitposter
I'm sorry for you if you have to shitpost here even though you are surrounded by people outside

>Linux belongs to servers and embedded devices. Get over it, Sup Forums.
microshit hasn't even got a desktop to run on the raspberry pi 3

Black Mesa runs smoothly on my 'buntu. Your argument is invalid.

microshit is the lowest grade, disorganised, inconsistant, unreliable software on the market

why microshit now suddenly are keen on linux

after ditching their attempts at developing a microkernel in 2015, they realise they have no platform

& the only viable, robust platform there is, that is going somewhere, is linux

their infastructure is stuck in the 90s

they have to all intents & purposes, failed.

>rpi
>desktops and laptops
kys

Swap out Professional for Enterprise and sure, why not.

mobile is where it is at
and microsoft is not in mobile
where they have to compete, it's found that they can't compete

microsofts record in 2010s .. include
failing @ phone (destroying nokia)
failing @ tablet (win rt they couldn't even get their own OS to fully work on (failure with midori)) .. this is apart from their huge failures/confusion in their own OS/desktop market (trying to make a toaster a fridge with win 8 confusion 'forcing mobile')

its 2016 & nobody knows what their desktop / 'OS', is supposed to look like. its a MESS

all they have (still), is their PC licensing monopoly -- uncompetitive businesses stuck on their platform. Businesses are still running XP. They haven't even managed to enhance their own product, substantially, since 2000.

they have NO IDEAS

here just bought a blank pc .. people are buying blank pcs -- vendors are selling blank pcs .. = choice

horrible shit win 10 is

buggy -- the "upgrades" taking hours -- the thing tells you you are rebooting .. they have regressed the 'desktop OS'

You're fucking stupid
youtube.com/watch?v=A_GlGglbu1U

Boot times are horrible, resource hog, can only change wallpaper and accent colors, and constantly wants to notify you about some dumb shit.

Also installs candy crush without your permission, even after you've removed it multiple times.

microshit have made the OS an issue -- it always have been an issue (this century) .. it takes a full day to sort it out into actually being useable

microsoft wastes your time, hugely
apart from the money you already spent on the garbage .. the platform is for ignorant people

is that supported by microshit?
no .. that is some enthusiast project

The only problem with Microsoft is they just have no taste. They have absolutely no taste. And I don’t mean that in a small way, I mean that in a big way, in the sense that they don’t think of original ideas, and they don’t bring much culture into their products. I am saddened, not by Microsoft’s success, I have no problem with their success. They’ve earned their success, for the most part. I have a problem with the fact that they just make really third-rate products.
Steve Jobs, 1995

they're a lot worse, now

What the fuck are you talking about.
This system will be delivered in Q1 2017 in Surface Phone.

>original microsoft promo video
>"enthuasiast project"
pls shoot yourself

bumping for the glory of Microsoft

You don't even need to. You can have literally the same shortcuts that OP has if you actually open the settings app and know what to change.

What's wrong with your start menu? Why is it so shit bro?

Also that wallpaper is REALLY ugly

OP why even bother arguing with mentally disabled Linuxfags? Pic related is literally what they do all day because they don't do anything productive despite of the c&p'ed code snippets they show you on their fucking screenfetch's. Not only don't they do anything productive, they don't even do anything that is fun since they can't play proper video games on their shitty OS. I've seen too many Lincuck users in RL and they always look the same with their fucking anime obsession. We are partialy talking about grown men here, looking at little girls in asian cartoons. I mean wtf, what a failure do you have to be? They're either manchildren or pedophiles, nobody in society accepts them. What's funny is also, that lots of them are dropouts in CS and CE. It's always the same pattern, 90% of them are depressed betafaggots with a computer guy posture. Since Linux makes everything 10x more complicated, they try to compensate and project by showing up here and labeling Windows users as "gaymers" because they don't waste their time with being unproductive and even if they do, they have fun gaming at least.

>not playing vidya
thats like owning a v8 and only driving at the speedlimit
>muh folding gpu encoding database bullshit
yeh nah vidyagames are still the ultimate test of a pc's capability, if you have a server good for you thats like dailying a fucking bus

Linux is fine and all, but you just end up having to boot back into Windows for games anyway (unless you're one of these "it's got games, what's wrong with Tux Racer?" Stallmanfags who thinks you shouldn't play closed source games) at which point you might as well just stay there.

Professional is shit, though. There's a reason they're giving it away for free.

If you must use 10, get Education (or Enterprise).

>If you must use 10, get Education (or Enterprise).
whats the difference

kek
as if default linux DEs aren't gross garbage

In what way is Windows 10 superior to macOS?

Because W10 is simply better in every aspect than homOSeX

Macs run faster on Windows than on MacOS. That should tell you everything you need to know...

Education doesn't have Cortana.

I find these threads retarded as fuck because there is no perfect OS or anything close to it. It's more about how much and what someone is willing to compromise...
>win 10
Bloat, forced everything. Runs almost anything.
>macOS
Walled garden, but is more stable than win
>linux
Good idea, still shit in execution (besides a few stable distros but at that point you would probably be better of with some botnet)
>Android
Same as linux, but not as bad. Needs polish...
>iOS
Too much polish, no substance. Is gone start dying out soon If they don't more their asses...
>sailfish
Too niche...
>Windows Phone
Why the fuck would you want windows on your phone??

>vpn
>in a windows 10

>Why the fuck would you want windows on your phone??
BSOD in phones?

>check black mesa site the other day after 2 years
>still no xen yet

That wallpaper is going to make you procrastinate OP

Desu, I'm an active GMOD player. I got like 4 different Xen maps already finished.

Linux does the needful.

not for the majority of normal users

bamp

normal users just browse the internet

>Automatic updates

This kills the OS. Seriously, if it can update itself and doesn't even ask the user for permission, into the trash it goes. Imagine you come home one day and your GPU isn't recognized anymore. 800x600 res or something. So much harder to troubleshoot because you don't even know what updates did and didn't install while you were away.

Nah, I'll stick with Windows 7 Ultimate x64, thanks.

>Imagine you come home one day and your GPU isn't recognized anymore. 800x600 res or something

Imagine that something like this would obviously point at the driver and you do a rollback and it's all good.

Imagine that it's easier to roll back updates in Linux than it is in Windows.

Because it is. Much easier.

Follow-up

There are also these things called logs that tell you exactly what got updated.

There isn't any guessing.

>I'm too retarded to run windows update service on demand to update whenever I want!
kys

Gaymen is for kids

>source: your insecure mind
Fix'd for you

>exactly how i want
What did he mean by this?

Just downloaded win 10 enterprise, apparently preactivated. Thinking about dual booting it and seeing how it works compared to 7. Any tips starting out maybe for getting already installed games to work?

>classic shell

good god, why?

Windows Phone is fucking great

because windows 7 start menu is 300% better than windows 10 one

no, it probably automatically activated itself using your win7/8/8.1 key in bios

Thanks for the suggestion (advertisement) but no thanks.

Just making sure you know, but I use Arch Linux.

what is that start menu?

What distro is this?

>current year
>using Pajeet OS

>Pajeet OS
>not written in Java

Desktop computing is dead

>exactly how I want

ENJOY YOUR BACKDOORS AND GETTING RAPED BY MICROSOFT.

would that work if i used windows loader to activate it?

>using start menu

What is this?

>they have to all intents & purposes, failed.

Most of that comes from Windows 7. If you only include the stuff after Windows 7, you know the stuff they're pushing really hard right now, they barely get 30% market share.

what is what, idiot?

Win95 Start > Win7 Start

Linux is more powerful than Windows 10 Pro. Get over it.

>installing bloat
>having bg telemetry log you by default
Wrong. W10 LTSB N 2015 is the only acceptable answer.

W10 now lead the way. Sadly this shows how dumb this race and everybody (Linux, Apple) should concentrate their own niche market and leave the zombies like OP to the MS and let them enjoy their good old and "superior" NTFS and other legacy shit that they already could bought six times since 2001.

windows 8 faster than 10

> do the needful
I have heard this phrase only from Indians so far.

So in windows 7 you always know what updates are installed, and how they are effecting your system. You read the release notes of every KB1231213. You either work in IT and are the nigger of the people doing production in a company, or are a fucking outist. Oh, or you may simply be a liar.

There are four updates a monh at most and there's direct links to the kb page, retard

Classic shell
every major OS is a pajeet os these days, even your arch linux.
Thanks! Feels great so far!
yes, but why would you to that if it works?
thanks for your opinion
if you use it unconfigured it's probably slower. Otherwise you're wrong

I searched for the benchmarks.
8 is faster every time

>pretty dank
>>>/reddit/

Your logical fallacy is anecdotal