Hello, I'm not sure if I'm posting on the wrong board...

Hello, I'm not sure if I'm posting on the wrong board, but I was looking for a program which will download every YouTube video from a YouTube channel.

I want to watch YouTube on the go and study, but I don't have very much data to watch them.

Any tips?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/MrS0m30n3/youtube-dl-gui/releases
rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/
askubuntu.com/questions/438376/how-to-download-all-videos-on-a-youtube-channel
youtube.com/$1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1. read the sticky
2. perform a google search
3. fuck off

I admit I didn't read the sticky, but I have been searching in Google for quite sometime. I found a program from life hacker, but it turns out it contains malware

YouTube-dl works on any YouTube video link I use it for audiobooks with an overlaying audio ripping software and a cutsie GUI interface.

Rolling

github.com/MrS0m30n3/youtube-dl-gui/releases

Download the appropriate one, run it. Go into settings, then video. Select m4a 128k if you just want audio. If you want video leave this default and skip to the next paragraph. Then go into audio and select convert to audio, audio format mp3. Make sure to set a save path in general.

Add the url to the /videos page on the channel and click download. Then just wait and you'll have every video in the channel on mp3 without downloading the video or you'll have video files with audio if you have chosen that option. Gives you decent sounding 120kbps mp3s and uses around 1mb/min to save and download. Good luck on your exams.

Fine, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt

rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/

you want this, don't listen to anybody recommending something else

4K video downloader. You'll have to pay to use full functionality but probably worth it.

OP don't listen to him, I'll download 4K videos for you for less than whatever this guy is charging :^)

install gentoo

askubuntu.com/questions/438376/how-to-download-all-videos-on-a-youtube-channel

To download an entire channel

youtube-dl ytuser:

or just youtube-dl

>You'll have to pay to use full functionality

GET A LOAD OF THIS GOY

jdownloader

this too will do it

this. how do people like OP even exist in this day and age? downloading shit from video hosting sites is such a solved problem that i refuse to believe googling it wouldn't have yielded youtube-dl

4k downloader (or something like that) is open-source, linux and nice

Since this is now a youtube-dl thread, how can you set the --max-downloads so it stops even if you didn't download them?

Like if I go
youtube-dl --max-downloads 50 --download-archive $1 youtube.com/$1 --dateafter now-6months --ignore-errors

where $1 is the channel name.

It will go through all videos on the channel, even after the time limit or the archive name.
If the channel has a lot of videos, it takes a long time and could be sped up by "giving up" after n tries.

don't use this pile of trash

I gave him the benefit of the doubt because I googled “youtube download” and youtube-dl wasn't even on the first page. It was all proprietary shareware, “youtube to mp3” websites and other malware crap

This is one of the cases where it may be a solved problem, but there are about 50,000 CIA niggers trying to trick technologically retarded users into installing their botnets

>“youtube download” and youtube-dl wasn't even on the first page. It was all proprietary shareware, “youtube to mp3” websites and other malware crap
This. It's all for win/macbabbies. If you add linux to the search youtube-dl comes up