Little bored here, post your wpms and the keyboard switch you used Sup Forumsuys

little bored here, post your wpms and the keyboard switch you used Sup Forumsuys

10fastfingers.com/typing-test/english

>87wpm
>Cherry MX Black

Other urls found in this thread:

img.10fastfingers.com/speedtests/generate_screenshot_result/1_9999999999999999999_57555555555553_567_0_107_0_0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

129, record is 134.

Keyboard: Standard HP shit that comes with office desktops, since I'm at work.

My best is 131, using Gateron Browns.

73 wpm

pretty impressive anons

very nice

not bad considering i'm tired as fuck right now
kailh blue switches

Worship me.

see

>Chinese
impressive

I'm generally around ~15 WPM faster when I'm typing in sentences that have normal syntax and grammar, as opposed to just random words.

I hate mechanical keyboard it makes me mistype so much like a retard

(Oh, cherry mx browns)

What switches have you used?

On a phone so can't take the test but I usually score around 90 WPM with MX Browns, how do I get faster?

Best I can do right now on my Matias Quiet Click keyboard.

I usually go 100+ on my Model M.

S7 edges onscreen keyboard.

Wow, I'm on my phone and I'm in the top 25% already?

"K120 Logitech" it was the cheap one at walmart
but there should be a better website where you actually type sentences and need punctuation, those are better for getting a real WPM

is dvorak just a meme?

Except it isn't. Average typing speed for someone who's not tech illiterate is about 120 WPM.

> average
> 100wpm is in top 3% according to that 10fastfingers site

96 on cheap genius kb

bullshit, and wpm is worthless anyway because most time is spent thinking about what you have to write than writing unless you're a typist monkey

>100wpm is in top 3% according to that 10fastfingers site
The rest is tech illiterate, case in point.

>tech illiterate
i don't think that means what you think it means

> 97% of the visitors of a site to test typing speed is tech illiterate

Yes, most people who do them are normalshitters who get redirected from cuckbook or other social networking sites.

Keep fucking up in the last 10 seconds.

I dunno what you're so pissy about. You always love to hear about you're above average. Well, you are, you're above every "normie facebook reeee" whatever, you should be happy

So if I'm one of those crappy four-finger typists, about how long would it take me to learn to do it properly?

50 wpm, then learnt to touch type because of this thread, started at 16wpm, then 30wpm, currently at 40wpm, interested to see whether how much I can beat my previous uncoordinated technique, or whether touch typing is just a meme

Cherry MX Blue

“touch typing” just refers to typing without having to look at the keyboard. It sounds like you are referring to the home row / 10 finger system. Personally I think it's bullshit. Strict home row adherance just slows you down and makes some words significantly more awkward to type.

All the world's fastest typists use a homegrown “natural” technique. I myself do ().

The important thing is being able to use all eight fingers. I don't think anything else will contribute as much as not looking at the keyboard and just having that muscle memory that each finger hits which keys
I also heard that the faster you read, the quicker you can type, since these tests are just reading ahead and your fingers know how to spell those words, you've done them tens of thousands of times

brown switches cm storm rapid-i

dont know how accurate it is since they arent real sentences with grammar. i think i can type faster when its not just disjointed words

Writing on an average third-world Android, and I swear I wrote slower in this app figuring out what to write.

punctuation i meant

Black, on a Roccat RYOS

>I also heard that the faster you read, the quicker you can type, since these tests are just reading ahead and your fingers know how to spell those words, you've done them tens of thousands of times
Yes absolutely. You can force your fingers to play “catch up” by reading ahead at a faster rate than you normally would. Your fingers just speed up automagically. It's how you get the truly insane scores like 150-200 wpm.

>Italiancuck here

cherry mx brown
110-115 WPM seems to be my limit; if I try to go faster that that, I only find myself smashing the keys harder instead.

Source on that stat?

I get between 120 and 129 wpm all the time there.

I would like to type faster but accuracy is shit, my right arm is always suspended in the air which might have something to do with that but I half expect the 165 wpm guy to have the same technique.

cherry mx black

Do your rest a part of your hands or wrists on the keyboard tray?
I didn't notice it until you said it, but my right arm isn't resting on my right chair arm but my left one always is when typing.
i'm that guy

My left arm often rests on the armrest and at least a part of the left hand is on the keyboard tray.

Right arm is just completely without support. I only touch the keyboard with my fingers by hitting the keys.

After looking at all these 100+ WPM I feel a bit stupid.

100% accuracy is more important anyway. I don't know of anybody that actually expects more than 60 WPM.
my grandpa couldn't type, he was a typewriter repairman, but he could "The quick brown fox jumpers over the lazy dog." on a typewriter at 180 wpm.

Achieved on a dog shit-tier $200 SNSV keyboard.

Could probably do 120 on my Ducky.

why didn't you do a screenshot?

>only use 3 fingers on my left hand and 2 fingers on my right hand to type, use my right pointer instead of thumb for space bar too
>can reliably type 90wpm like this with 98%+ accuracy

>try typing with proper form, utilizing all fingers, thumb for space bar, etc
>30wpm and 50% accuracy

First attempt with cherry browns.
This is about average for me from what I remember. I can do 90+ WPM over extended periods.

That's a very fast speed. I've only got 140+ a dozen times or so on 10fastfingers. To increase past 150 will be real hard without constant practice to get faster.

Advanced Test

There's very few type writers that could physically do anywhere near 180 wpm, so he either worked on world-level typers, or you're full of shit.

i'm getting really lazy now

OnePlus 3 Google On-Screen using only swipe.

Virtual keyboards suck dick.

It was just that one sentence. He had to type it as quick as possible. He couldn't do anything else except the one standard sentence "the quick brown fox" one. He hunt and pecked for other things

I guess I did okay.

here's my second attempt while sitting forward

Highest was 142 on a Sidewinder X4. I prefer the feel of a mechanical keyboard but I'm slower than I am on a slim-line shitty MS thing... :/

Damn touchscreen

But physically most typewriters couldn't move letters out of the way fast enough to reach 180WPM. You're looking at under 100 for most. Some are like 50 WPM and above and they'd jam.

>emoticon
kill yourself, and do it unironically so you actually die.

Have you considered how strongly just two characters on the internet make you feel?

How about three?
:^)

>internet
Sup Forums
post a fucking image before you get banned you idiot

>32wpm on mobile
I miss my Nokia's physical keyboard.

Lying on the sofa, typing on a thinkpad usb keyboard at my HTPC.

Many people just idle through it and get 0.

cherry clears. could probably get it to around 95 if I tried a few more times or used rubber dome

I knew a guy in college who would get around 60 wpm typing with 2 fingers. whatever works.

Garbage $10 keyboard from 2007 or something like that. Record is 151 iirc, took over an hour of trying though.

10 dollar keyboard with my epicc key pecking

I don't practice at all. I just spend all day in front of the computer.

I can get 150+ at 100% accuracy regularly, and 140+ with ease (~140 is basically what my “bad” attempts end up as)

Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 with Fleksy keyboard.
Keep getting aposthrophes on every good run like wtf.
I'll try with swipe function

38-41 wpm, I think around 80 is possible with practise

some stock dell

With fucking MX reds which are driving me crazy

122 and 1 mistake

img.10fastfingers.com/speedtests/generate_screenshot_result/1_9999999999999999999_57555555555553_567_0_107_0_0