How do you clean the filters on this thing?

How do you clean the filters on this thing?

Rip

well baited

nice socks, faggot.

With a cloth.

With magnets of course. You don't want to actually touch it, it would leave scratches.

They're not meant to be cleaned, idiot. You're supposed to replace them. And be sure to activate the charcoal first!

First, fill a water bottle and then lightly spray the platter (silver disc).

Now, take some steel wool and LIGHTLY but firmly rub the platter. At the end of that little arm, to be very basic, is a read/write head. Pry it up a bit and rub that, too.

Finally take a paper towel and roughly wipe away the water droplets from the platter and any other spots they may have gotten into. Filters clean!

Steel wool? Really?...

Just wipe it with your thumb and blow on it.

right there in the top left of the hard drive casing is the dust filter. simply remove it by pulling it straight out and replacing it with the new filter. close up the drive and you're ready to go!

Yup! Works like a charm!

Of course not. How the hell did you even get it out?

I think what amuses me more about his reply is he didn't question the water droplets.

I have heard steel wool is good as well, but no reason to do that if you don't have proper grime. Just a spritz of any universial cleaner and a cloth should do fine.

Or just remove debris with your thumb or blow on it like this guy says

You fucked the HDD. Only option now is to get the data off it if that is possible.

Simple point is you are not suppose to clean the filter.

That aside nice bait if that is the case here and if you were also looking to have your HDD cucked and gimped out by Sup Forums.

Thanks guys, i need to get the data off before i start dicking around with it.

My cd drive doesnt read the disk, do i need different drivers for ubuntu?

Oh fuk off

>not sure whether it's bait
user, you're new aren't you?

>if that is possible.
>he can't read physical data with his own two eyes
how do you live with yourself?