Why does Sup Forums hate Apple products?

Why does Sup Forums hate Apple products?

can't afford them.

Can't speak for the rest of Sup Forums, but I don't.

Because only weebs and trannies use them.

price/performance ratio blows

because it is overpriced locked-down fashion ecosystem

Restricted.

success breeds jealousy

this, OSX is an objectively better desktop OS than any *NIX.

>anime on apple shit

DELET

>you can watch anime on mac

wtf i love appel now??!?

Isn't it normal to hate someone who hates you?
This is exactly the case with apple.
You're not a customer, your a fucking wallet, they don't care if you're having a great experience or if you liked the devices, you'll buy it anyways.
So why bother developing a great UI and a using high quality parts when walking wallets will still buy it with crappy parts?

i don't. have a macbook pro sitting on my desk along with my desktop pc and thinkpad. wife has an imac. ipads and iphones all around the house. getting worked up over consumer products is fucking stupid. but then again we're on Sup Forums and most people just want to shitpost/troll and apple is an easy target. i've been on this fucking website since it's inception so i know most of you are way younger than me now, but the apple hate meme is far older than any of you. it's always been fashionable to shit on apple in the computer world.

You need to use an apple product to appreciate what it is about.

Its natural that people that were never able to afford one to say bad things about it.

>You're not a customer, your a fucking wallet,
This is the same for literally every single company you are delusional if you think otherwise.

Life is hard on me, guys, what do I do to be a good retard like you?

this

>Grapes
>On a tree

This thread is about apple, apple releases objectively bad devices.
This is easy to judge apple devices, you don't have to compare them with others to see how bad they are.

>complaining about an open source kernel having a "locked-down fashion ecosystem" on a board where 80% of posters uses Microsoft Windows

>best phone on the market
>best notebook on the market
>best tablet on the market

>bad devices

ye sure

Why should I pay more for something I can get cheaper?

but they make the best laptop and OS, who could ever hate them?

>rich people are stupid

Ultimate poorfag bubble delusion

>expecting more from an applecuck

I don't know, you can install gentoo on it.

For real though, I think people perceive the cost as being too high. Because if you're technology fluent, you know that you can build the "same" computer for half the price. But they're discounting the cost of Apple's marketing (same reason Rolexes cost an arm and a leg, while still being a fine mechanical product –look at all those golf sponsorships), the one-stop-shop aspect for all matters warranty and support, and the interoperability of their product spectrum (also known as lock-in). And honestly, the design is good, better than anybody else, even when it's bad by its own standards. It's a company of perfectionists. Granted, there's problems with anything, but I give them the benefit of the doubt because they've given me a superior computing experience for 20 years, since the Mac IIsi. Now I have a macbook air and a Hackintosh I built myself because I want that power and good graphics card and expandability and the old Mac Pro doesn't exist any longer.

>apple doesn't have high-quality parts

I am not an Applefag and I have never owned an iMac or Macbook in my entire life, but what you were implying is a straight up lie. Their computers can take a fucking beating.

My cousin has owned some iMac model since 2011, and her stupid lil shit head children abused the fuck out of it like it was a toy; it still works to this day.

I have also seen older iMacs take a fucking beating when they were used in public schools.

Well a lot of their decisions differ from hobbyist builders. Instead of going for raw power, they look for efficiency and long term stability. Of course, they fuck up sometimes, especially with their AYYYYMD graphics.

Everything we've seen from them suggests they're trying to make computers as small, thin and energy efficient as possible. Total ubiquity. A computing surface as small or large as you want. Even the Mac Pro has shrunk (as has their attention to it).

But yeah, I've treated mine gently and never had a Mac go bad on me. I had a TiBook G4 with a bad board, but that was a hand-me-down from someone who had abused it before me.

I don't hate your pic related, OP. I want the 27" 5K iMac. Unfortunately I am a poorfag

I don't think Sup Forums inherently 'hates' Apple products, I think two major factors influence our bias towards other brands, and that's the price of Apple products, and their fanbase.

The first issue being that the price they charge for their products when compared against a competitor's product either yields too high of a price for what you're getting with Apple, or a similar price but decreased performance/features.

The fanbase is the other issue, with rabid Apple fans blindly following their Apple bias and buying products just because it has a picture of a fruit on the back of it, and proclaiming to others that it's the best without evidence to backup their claims. Almost in the same manner that the Christians tried (try) to force their religion on others, and will not accept that something else may, in fact, be better.

I don't think Sup Forums hates Apple products just because they are Apple products, but more the practices of Apple when pricing their products, and the arrogance of the Apple fanbase.

>My cousin has owned some iMac model since 2011, and her stupid lil shit head children abused the fuck out of it like it was a toy; it still works to this day.
replace
>iMac model since 2011
with whatever you want you'll find a similar story..

They use whatever is cheaper so we end with crappy builds, just open yours and check the reference on resistor, chips, whatever, you'll freak out at how bad and cheap they are.

Fanboys of anything suck. Reject dogma. Use what works and is available to you.

because apple is shit

that's a cute fox

I believe a lot of people here dual boot. One for work, and the other for play.

>rich people buy apple
YOU are the retard.

You are correct, we dual boot linux and windows.

You are wrong, only a minority bothers with dual booting. Most just use Windows for convenience.

Because i can get a computer with equal performance for 60% of the price, and it will also have better cooling and won't throttle and shit itself.

why is Yui so best?

Windows ia objectively the best for gaming, so if you can work on windows, you don't need to dual, but a lot of people here dual boots or at least uses an emulator to run the other.

If you are seriously implying that a lot of people use their computer to do any work, you are even more deluded than I thought.

Because she likes cocks.

Because Apple fans don't listen to reason. Apple is making fools of you but all you do is mental gymnastics to justify continuing to give your money to them.

Not everyone is a macfag facebook hipster, retard

This is basically confirmed by OP

I don't, not anymore at least. I still would prefer X1 carbon or some actual good HW but the rMBP company gave me is k.

>use windows to play games and shitpost on Sup Forums
>hurr durr muh applel is a mactoddler facebook machine meme
KYS

she's the only straight one, yes

2000 dollars for a facebook machine is just too much.

>inb4 poorfag
I could buy one but it would be a waste of money I could save for something more useful.

What are you even trying to say? Windows runs anything work related, mac os does not

Secular humanists are the ones forcing their shit nowadays. And all those trendy eastern mysticism believing faggots.

who said anything about other companies not doing that?

I use linux. I built my pc for 700 dollars 2 years ago and it does everything that a currentmacbook pro can do and more for a third of the price. And it's not locked down like appleshit.

>locked down
You do know that macOS is basically XNU + FreeBSD userland, right? You do know I can actually recompile my kernel if I want and trace through drivers and kernel using dtrace?

I've tried a macbook, iphone and ipad. Within the 30 minutes of hell I had to use them, I was doing nothing but getting frustrated and more and more irritable. I don't like their interface, on any of them.

Furthermore, they really do have ridiculous pricing and because a bunch of idiots are fine with ponying up $700 for it, nowadays even more, now it's the 'standard' price for release flagship phones.

Sure they may've 'revolutionised' phones with the iphone but they've done nothing but fucking stupid shit ever since and brought creativity down to a rectangular brick.

Call me old school but, I still think flip phones were stylish. Minimalistic in the pocket, twice the length when you need it.

What anime is that op?

>he thinks $2000 is a lot of money
>having to save for "something better" means not being able to dish out $2000 on frivolous spending every now and then

you're poor

>doesn't recognize the AOTYAY

because of threads like this

Consoles are objectively the best for gaming. With Windows you have a huge intrusive interface getting in the way, and Windows Updates fucking your shit up, driver issues, compatibility issues, spending hours searching tech forums for obscure error messages so you can just get a game to fucking work, and you can go on and on and on

Also, PC has no good games that ALSO justify a $1000+ gaming build. You can only play Crysis 2 for so long before it starts to get old.

Apple makes products with a certain group of users in mind.
users who'd never want to open their machine. it should just werk.
users who'd rather buy something new than fix or upgrade something old.
users who value aesthetics over functionality. who needs ports anyway?

most supreme Sup Forumsentlemen here a simply too pragmatic to like apple. that's why thinkpads are worshipped so much.

Overpriced under powered and weird design choices on top of it. Like not making larger phones till steve died or laptops with a single port or phones without headphone jacks.

>What anime is that op?
you're on Sup Forums and you can't recognize that anime? for real?

you're on the wrong website, fucko. time to go back to plebbit or some other normie shit site.

Don't forget users that don't value privacy as a right
>inb4 muh android
It's an applel thread, make one with android

there are plenty of games for PC and even whole genres that are arguably PC exclusive for most players.

you can technically play FPS games with 30 fps and a controller, yes but I'd rather burn my eyes and cut off my hands to be done with it.
won't even start on RTS, MMO's etc.

>users who'd never want to open their machine. it should just werk.
what exactly do you gain from wasting hours fixing some overly-complicated shit?

Macs are for people who have actual work to do and not for NEETs who buy the cheapest shit made from cheapest barely-in-spec chink components that don't work right and fail often.

PCs are for people who don't value time. And the time is the only commodity which you cannot buy. You get old and then you die... quick.

>users who'd rather buy something new than fix or upgrade something old.
Old computers are a waste of time and money. Like old cars... you spend more money fixing them than buying something newer.

>users who value aesthetics over functionality. who needs ports anyway?
Ports are there it's just that they're the new ports and it will take time to adjust.

But think about the longevity of new Macs... almost everything will be USB-C in the next year or so so what will you do then if your computer doesn't have USB-C ports and lots of them? You'll be stuck using old shit.

they're largely afunctional, otherwise unserviceable. They're always doing "different shit" which isn't ever a good thing and they constantly REMOVE features then claim the removal is actually a feature

jesuis christ this is some Sup Forums level bait

Because look at how gay that store looks. You don't want to be seen in such a gay store now, would you?

>kissanime

>what exactly do you gain from wasting hours fixing some overly-complicated shit?
the fact I don't have to blow a fuck ton of money for apple to "fix" it by throwing it away, giving me a refurb replacement then wipe all my data because they can't do simple data recovery.

>macs are for people who want to work
work on finding what dongle to plug in because their shits all wack

>PC's are for people who want to waste time
and you're gonna die doing simple shit right?

>old cars are a waste of time and money
Busrider detected, you've never worked on a car let alone changed your own oil.

>take time to adjust
thats what they said about thunderbolt 4 years ago and still nothing uses it

What they should have done was put in legacy and new ports so at least all my functional things still work with the computer and shit and not having to buy a 40 dollar dongle for every port because none of them work with anything

I don't and so many of the people who do have the most retarded reasons.

I don't hate Apple. Their shit is overpriced, but I don't buy them so it doesn't affect me.
The Apple fanboys is what i truly hate

I don't own a mac because I want my USB to work while using wifi

subpar product for a premium price.

that's not to say that i don't respect their business model. they used to made their own proprietary parts but when they noticed that isn't working out too well they just started using the same mass produced shit as all other computer manufacturers while marketing themselves as a status symbol and a premium brand. better yet, they advertise themselves as retard friendly so all the boomers with too much money buy their shit up and when it inevitably breaks they come back to the store to fix it/buy something new.

only price performance shit is imac 5k. because 5k monitors themselves are way more expensive than imac 5k itself.

They're fairly locked down. You don't get the option to get a more powerful system with less "extras" like a really high res screen. There's a lot of non-upgradeable crap and they've been actively doing weird things after jobs died.

I mean, they have a really good operating system. They do need to work on their hardware a little better.

the 5k monitor doesn't support HDR 10-bit its actually not that great for an IPS

>PCs are for people who don't value time. And the time is the only commodity which you cannot buy.
there are people out there (I feel like I shouldn't have to tell you this on a technology board) who enjoy spending their time like this.
this whole "GOTTA BE PRODUCTIVE" stuff is always so tiring to hear. this is our hobby. we like doing this. it's not about producing as many lines of code per lifetime as we possibly can. how much work could you have done instead of collecting your anime reaction pics? how much instead of posting in this thread that will lead nowhere? your time is running out, user. the clock is ticking. better get back to work.

>almost everything will be USB-C in the next year
this is simply not true and you know it.

Buyers remorse is strong.

back in undergrad i always went to the mac computer lab because it was almost always empty/near empty. there were 4 or 5 PC computer labs and they always had more people than the mac lab. the mac lab also had the fewest number of classes using it. it was pretty much only booked when all the other computer labs were taken.

or in other words, normal people don't like to use macs. i'm sure they are just fine as facebook machines and status symbols, though.

Much as I hate gaymen, I can imagine that some people dislike OSX because it's not exactly a good system for games (even linux is getting better). Sure you're meant to work with these machines, but if you're gonna pay that much you may as well get the option.

you're delusional if you think rich people buy apple. apple is for lower middle class and below. why the fuck do you think they offer financing on everything they sell?

I've used Apple products. I require maximum connectivity options, maximum ease of servicing and upgrade, replaceable batteries, quality docking stations, and abundance of hardware and application choice.

All Apple has going for it is the OS, but if you actually find an OS difficult to work with I suggest suicide. Real computer users can switch between OS effortlessly without giving a shit. I don't add OS X to my OS collection because Linux and Windows meet all my application requirements.

I don't give a shit what my computers look like because I'm not gay. I'm either useing them or not looking at them. Notebook weight doesn't matter because I'm 6'2"/200 and not feeble.

Apple has nice displays, but I prefer much larger displays than mere notebooks offer so I use desktops at home. I don't live in a shoebox so one extra cubic foot for a large desktop case doesn't bother me.

Apple sells LG displays now because they cannot produce a superior monitor.

Because I avoided the Apple ecosystem I'm not among the butthurt "pro" users who are weeping bitter tears because Apple doesn't need them any more. I almost feel sorry for them, because userfags can't Hackintosh. If I wanted their OS I'd have fun Hackintoshing, but it does nothing Windows and Linux don't.

I have plenty of cash for computers. If an Apple product would turn me a profit I'd buy one today. They don't so I don't. I'd fucking run Temple OS if it served me. It doesn't so I don't.

Dell seems to be the exception lately, their fucking XPS series laptops are fucking amazing and their warranty service is great, they come to your house the next day to fix anything no questions asked (within reason of course). Prices are great too!
If you have a chat with the customer support staff at the online store, they usually hand out 10-20% OFF coupon codes for select Dell models.

I'm extremely happy with my Dell XPS 13 with i7-7500U, the bezels are fucking amazing and the battery life is unbelievable at 22 hours (15-19 hours real use).

>Why does Sup Forums hate Apple products?
It's simple really: A good chunk of the people on Sup Forums are from Sup Forums and apple makes absolutely nothing aimed at the pee-cee gayy-murr market and instead focuses on people who don't need cutting edge real time graphics performance or the need to be able to replace/upgrade every piece in their machine. Then there's also the FOSS tards who hate Apple because despite a lot of the software Apple puts out is FOSS, the OS isn't completely FOSS.

In my opinion Apple is just fine and their products obviously aren't meant for everyone no matter how hard some autists like to complain about how Apple not making anything that fits their requirements perfectly means they're crap. It's just sad how many people fail to understand this simple fact and simply can't comprehend that not every company tries to cater to people like them. The fact that most of what Apple makes isn't for me doesn't mean that those products are crap any more than women's hygiene products not being for me means they're crap as well.

>Macs are for people who have actual work to do

I must be hallucinating the huge Windows CAD/CAM userbase.

If PCs or anything about computers is hard for you, you're a dumbass. A new Apple is a vendor-locked PC you mong. That's why Hackintoshing works.

> Like old cars... you spend more money fixing them than buying something newer.

I don't. You should stay away from cars, too. No shame in you being helpless but don't project. Fixing nearly everything I own paid off delightfully and I'm debt-free because of it. I get immediate and skilled vehicle, computer, and home repair service as needed or wanted. Because I'm skilled I'm also a highly informed consumer. Knowledge is power and most of it's free for the taking.

>almost everything will be USB-C in the next year or so so what will you do then if your computer doesn't have USB-C ports and lots of them? You'll be stuck using old shit.

They make cards for where that matters. What will I need "lots" of USB-C ports for with the exception of my desktops when I feel like changing peripherals? My printers are networked. My keyboards and mice don't require USB-C. I have adequate internal storage in all my computers so I've no need for an external USB-C drive enclosure. If I require more storage I'll build a home server so my entire network (two houses, two shops) can share my goat porn collection.

>Comparing a desktop to a laptop

Apple has nothing to do with technology

you don't browse if you just buy a car and never do anything with it
you don't browse if you don't care what clothes you wear
you don't browse if you don't read books
you don't browse if you don't listen to music
you don't browse if you don't fiddle with tech, and that's ultimately the case if you buy locked down Apple stuff you can't modify in any way

the only reason to still browse these boards is to shitpost
and that's exactly what every apple user is doing on Sup Forums

Apple products are more than

We don't we love them. We hate the new ones, because they FUCKING SUCK.

Nice copypasta there Timmy...

Seriously thou, Apple is obviously not going for the hardware tinkerer market as it's pretty small compared to the market as a whole. However ignoring the software side of the tech sector, which Apple is going for pretty heavily for, is completely retarded.

Now that you've been filled in, you can head back to Timmy.

You do realize you can run both MacOS, Linux and Windows on Apple computers, right?

You're fucking retarded, a Dell XPS 13 will do that yet costs 1/3 the price.

kind of defeats the purpose of using apple in the first place

>purpose of using apple
Not him, but enlighten me. What's "the purpose of using apple"?

>A Dell XPS 13 will run MacOS

Okay there

>What is multibooting

Its kind of estranged to buy an apple product to not use their software just to run windows when you could have just run literally any other computer. The computer itself is not particularly fantastic for games even on its own with windows

>Buying an Apple computer
>To play games
Sup Forums pls go