So, do you own an UPS to protect your home server and desktop computers, user?

So, do you own an UPS to protect your home server and desktop computers, user?
If not - why? What's your excuse?

I have solar panels and a house-wide electricity backup.

UPS is for Pajeets.

Everyone should have one. I live in an old house with power that tends to fry electronics. My spending on replacement equipment has gone way down since buying a UPS.
Just make sure you get one that's compatible compatible with active PFC.

i don't live in a thirld world country

>thirld
apperantly you do

Firstly, I don't live in the third world. Secondly, my server just boots up again after power loss, a good file system handles the rest.

Sorry for bad English please thank

>If not - why? What's your excuse?

Last power cut was about 10 years ago.
And contrary to popular belief computers don't blow up when cut the power.

>apperantly

My apartment is 30m away from 1600kva substation build in late soviet times. Still pretty decent. No blackouts or damaged equipment whatsoever. There might be short power losses once a year, which are enough to reboot some of the devices, but it is not a big deal.

I don't live in a shithole country, electricity is safely managed here.

I have one, because I live in the countryside and not a week goes by without a power outage. when I lived in a city, power outages were extremely rare and I got 550 days on uptime on my server without a UPS.

electricity uptime
99.5% 2010
99.1% 2011
98.9% 2012 (snow and shit)
99.7% 2013
99.5 2014
99.2 2015
100% 2016
What's your point OP?

Yes, 2, one for the actual server, router, modem, switch and one for my desktop / personal server.

It's great that nothing shuts down / I don't lose internet access if there's a power blip or a storm knocks it out (however briefly).

Why a UPS? I have heard that "conditioned" sine waves are better for your equipment but who cares. Do you want to live forever?

because i live in a city/country with an infrastructure that is not shit
also i am poor

>What's your excuse?
1. I'd rather not have a living breathing housefire under my desk.
2. Not having electricity is not a big deal.

Got a laptop and a surge protector. That's all I need.

99% uptime means 14 minutes of downtime per day. How do you justify that?

You don't need to be on the computer all the time, you know

>you don't need to breathe all the time, you know
retard detected.

>IKEA type desk

why has Sup Forums so shitty taste?

>I want my daemons to stop, my transfers to break, and to lose remote access to my machine

kek

Sorry, what do you mean by "IKEA type"?
it was actually custom made, dude.

Go shitpost in some other thread.

I have the same setup. When the setup was new, my Internet would stay up forever even when power was gone. The UPS I use for networking is a cheap turd, though. So I'm not sure how well it works today.

1% is a fucking huge ammount
something like 0,1% at max should be allowed

Do you know what UPS means?

just replaced the battery in my UPS. working like a champ now!

>power that tends to fry electronics
>America is the first world

I live in a third world country (USA)
But unfortunately the one I want to buy from work is rack mounted and I don't have room for it.

I don't have a home server and my computer has survived me accidentally plugging it out multiple times, so I think it will survive a power outage.

It's not about 'surviving' a power outage. It's about not shutting off if your power goes out for a few minutes, and protecting from surges.

To be honest I would probably not care if it shut down for a while, and I've(nor people I know) never had anything break from a surge.