ITT: technology that simply can't be explained

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QKCK4lJLQHU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>literally just a fancy electromagnet
>can't be explained

Silicon microchips. I understand about electricity, and I understand logic gates etc., but every explanation of microchips sounds like they're magical. I honestly believe that they're alien in origin.

I barely understand how plane works, this thing is beyond math - it just works.

How the fuck does this work ?

with that you can use a phone/mp3 player with a tape car stereo.
in the 2000 that was actually a thing!

No I mean how does it actually work ? I own one and use it for my 03 camry until I replace the head unit

What's so hard to understand about turning some sand into one of the most expensive computer components and acts effectively as a brain for the whole thing that just werks??

do these actually have decent audio quality?
i can only imagine it sounding like 30kbit mp3s.

it's electricity
sound is also electricity
e+e=voltage=>sound

cassettes just store analog audio magnetically, when audio is passed through a coil it generates a magnetic field (the same one that pushes the speaker head in the speaker itself) and picked up by the read head. You can even put a speaker's coil against the read head on the tape player to do the same thing

it's actually a dac?
maybe?
like, it simulate magnetic signal on a wheel that revolves on the tape reader head?
fuck, now i want to know

So a music player hooked up to the headphone jack just carries a current to electromagnets in your headphones that operate the headphones. Changing the frequency of the signal causes different sounds.

This feeds it to a little electromagnet in the tape that hooks up to the tape reader head on a tape player. It essentially "fakes" a tape by just operating an electromagnet hooked up to the part that reads magnetic tape.

I used to use one. Sounded fine. I'm sure it wouldn't be good enough for a FLAC fag, though.

>using a DAC for analog to analog

Cassette decks work by passing a magnetised tape past a static head which reads the magnetic field on the tape through induction.

The MP3 cassette device replaces the tape with another head which creates a magnetic field equal to that which the tape might output. The two heads get very close/touch and the audio signal from the cassette emulator is induced into the cassette deck head.

Simple and elegant.

Wot don't you get?!??

I think you should learn about microfabrication tbqf

The wings are shaped in such a way that air flowing under the wing pushes it up, called lift
The more air flows under it (higher speed of the plane) the stronger this force is.

>it just works
laughed more than i should have

youtube.com/watch?v=QKCK4lJLQHU

>48min
Tldr. My explanation was a simplified version, if you are saying I was wrong

yeah, I use one in my car every day. sounds perfectly fine.

Then watch a video on the history of transistors.

I theorize that it somehow magnetizes a tape in real time so it can be read by the cassette head

>fucking magnets how do tjey work

>computers
>literally just a collection of electromagnets, logic gates, and really thin wire
I swear, people who get confused by computers are borderline retarded.

well this thing doesn't work and even if it does the propulsion is too weak to matter.

>everything
>literally just a collection of elementary particles

People who get confused by existence are retarded.

>theorizing about how man-made products work
wew

it doesn't have tape, but you knew that already didn't you

It's been confirmed to generate thrust, just not enough thrust. Besides it's not about how well it achieves this, it's about the fact that it can.

this
if you can do something, you can refine it to the point where it's useful

Why? The transistors/gates inside merely represent a yes and a no, a 0 and a 1. Microcode and instruction sets help execute code by using this so the OS and programs can run on it

we actually don't understand the principle of lift entirely yet. they know how to create it, but not why it works.

We don't know how a bicycle works either. We know that if you put one wheel in front of the other and go forward it'll stay balanced but every theory as to why has been proven wrong.

How do hydroelectric dams actually make the turning stuff into electricity that powers my computer? It's magic.

Are you 12? It's for cars that only have a cassette deck (no CD player, or aux input).

I'll even go so far as to say the technology here is what LoopPay/SamsungPay uses.