Apple's bullshit pricing

This is fucking bullshit.
A fully loaded Macbook Pro can't cost this much. This is fucking insane. I will acknowledge that Macbook Pros has always been priced somewhat pricey, but this is fucking insane on so many levels.
Sup Forums what the hell justifies this?

The SSD is worth $1500 alone. Good luck finding another laptop with a screen anywhere near as good.

Bitches don't know 'bout my apple tax.

ppfftt... Doesn't even include dongles.

the dirty little secret of retail pricing: don't charge what it's worth, charge what people are willing to pay

why does anyone even praise this shit?
seriously the only thing that this is good for would be for the digital artists or those that really makes a lot of notes. Like it is a good machine, but I am not paying over 2000 grand for an overpriced notepad.

I wish they killed the tablet meme and sold the same thing weighing a half pound lighter for $1200

best screen famalam

Well it's not really aimed at the general purpose user.
I see a fuck ton of Surfaces used in the Real Estate industry, construction, engineering etc.
Also the Pro 4 is really catching on with artists.

That purpose I understand.
But why does Microsoft tell us all the time about being something that it isn't (the machine which can replace your laptop, tablet and desktop). For productivity it is the best of it's class, but for the general developer I really can't see it being that good of a computer.

Premium brand is expensive, I am shocked.

afaik the new screens aren't anything special.

I seem to remember they have like 75% adobe rgb coverage, and the xps 13 4k screens having 99%.

Its a failure compared to iPads and Macs

Nothing but a gimped notebook.

It's the 2TB m.2
Doesn't justify the price, but that's what drives the bulk of added cost

Tablets are good for taking notes, and for portability if we were talk about having some assignments with you on the go. So you aren't limited to caring around a laptop all the time. However as the technological development for them as they are, then that pretty what else they are good for, besides chilling in bed and watching videos of various stuff.

Probably those ads are just to remind the public that Microsoft still exists and does make something. Microsoft makes most of their money from the Enterprise.
IBM still makes a fuck ton of money, but the general public thinks they're irrelevant.

Sure, iPad really gave the retail industry a real shake up, no longer did they need to spend $3500 upfront with a giant annual fee to maintain a shitty Windows Embedded POS system, they can just go to an Apple store, buy a couple of $200 iPad minis and get a couple of square card readers which only charge via credit card fees.

Built-to-order upgrades are always overpriced regardless of the vendor. Most people don't buy machines with built-to-order upgrades so they just overcharge those who do like crazy and this is by no means an Apple specific problem.

Also, really high density flash memory like the stuff used in high capacity SSDs are still expensive as hell even when you buy them bulk and this is partially due to people buying a lot more devices with lower density memory giving high density memory less of an economics of scale boost.

Surface book is legitimately the only good hybrid device on the market.

get the 2.6, 450, 512GB, 16GB RAM + student discount

the cheapest new macbook is still really fucking expensive here in brazil, it's $3388, while the most expensive one is $9369

most middle class people here can't afford one

Not with that shitty hinge, I still rather get the Pro 4.
The i7 version of the Pro 4 has Iris Graphics, which is preferable to a dGPU on a portable computer.

by not being poor

and while at it, the iphone 7+ is $1443 here (256GB version)

I don't see much of a point about you moaning about your import taxes in this thread. Want them to be removed? Then vote in people who will do that for you.

tell that to all the subhumans here that want muh gibz and all the dumbass millenials that listen to them

just don't let that happen to wherever you live, it's really shit

Please show me another computer with the same specs, in the same form factor, with all the same features, that is cheaper.

I'll be waiting.

Dell XPS 15 (1/2 the price)
Asus Zenbook UX501 (1/3 the price)
Surface Book (2/3 the price)

hi

Why do you give a shit? Just don't fucking buy it jerk off.

>macshit
>good screen

Fuck off Tim Kike.

>gaymin laptop
Try again

user stop that meme
It is a fucking pc with a 1080 in such a small factor, which has been reported not to overheat. It literally is the only laptop in the world at such thin form factor which have showed such features.

Gaymen laptop

Show me a fagbook that isn't a throttling overheating piece of shit.

I'll be waiting.

I have the asus zenbook ux501 and the screen is pretty shitty. It looks fine i guess, colors are alright, 4k is bretty cool. But then you put the computer into sleep mode or close the lid, and open it again and the display flickers non-stop until you power the computer all the way down and back up

There are tons of other users on forums with the same problem, the screen is the shittiest part of the laptop tbqh. I'm pretty sure thats why there are so many refurb models available, high return rate because of the screen flicker

Got to give it to Nvidia for making the current 10xx generation so power efficient. There's almost no difference between the laptop and desktop versions of the GTX 1060, 1070 and 1080. Base clocks are lower, but turbo-clocks are identical to the desktop versions.

13" 2014 and 2015 models

>quad core i7
>2tb ssd
>all of this in a fucking laptop
This is only barely acceptable if you're planning on using this as your primary machine. And even then, you should buy a used model from eBay or Craigslist to save cash.

He said ISN'T.

I have one, it overheats like crazy when you do anything more than web browsing. 40ºC to 95ºC, throttling in less than 10 seconds.
Mac cooling is hilariously bad.

>Dell XPS 15

Doesn't have the same hard drive capacity, and has 2 less GB of dedicated DDR5 on the graphics card. Almost 10% thicker and 10% heavier, shit tier battery life, and spotty trackpad. $2599.99.

>Asus Zenbook UX501
Top of the line has 1/4 of the hard drive space, is 25% thicker, and really isn't even comparable. Shite.

>surface book
Other than the Microsoft website being shitty and buggy, closest you can get is a 1TB hard drive, 13" screen(it's really only comparable to the 13" MacBook pro, 25% thicker than the MBP, so on and so forth. That being said, if I bought a non apple laptop, this would probably be the direction I went.

>razer Pro

The model with a 2TB hard drive is $300 more expensive than the loaded MacBook pro, plus it's razer so it is shit.

On a side note, it's hilarious that all these laptops are obvious clones of the MacBook pro. makes me kek.

>Mac

Literal shit. Even Razer is less cringey than that trash.

the best bit is that you can only get 2 hours of battery runtime on maximum load (pro = productivitiy, productivity produces load, deal with that), whilst the $200 asus x205ta get's 8 hours with maximum load and brightness

they even made the battery smaller, just to make it thinner.

they make it thinner, the pro product. a product made for professionals with huge ass cameras and all kinds of other equipment.

I love thin devices, but a thin device made for people that just want to get shit done is not acceptable.

now matter what price.

>but hurr durr do not open so many gaymur on the run hurr durr nobody does that

fuck off, I do

>they make it thinner, the pro product. a product made for professionals with huge ass cameras and all kinds of other equipment.
Come on, you know Apple's Pro products doesn't actually mean it's made for professionals do you?

nah mate fuck off with retarded shit

the big device has to have big batteries. thin macbook airs? fine. thin macbooks? fine.
thin and useless macbooks once final cut pro x is opened up? fuck off with that shit, seriously. you couldn't even compile chrome on it when not being near a fucking wall socket

laughable with at that pricetag

despite the typos you will know what i meant

Good shit is expensive, yo!

But Apple isn't good.

Why does it bother you what other people spend $4299 on?

So ?

> ?
Please end it, now.

>The model with a 2TB hard drive is $300 more expensive than the loaded MacBook pro

It also ship a way more powerfull CPU, GPU, more RAM and a higher resolution display.

Your point is null

>plus it's razer so it is shit.

I guess you're right

Who cares? I literally don't know why anyone buys a laptop today. Buy a chromebook, a basic 7" tablet, or a mid-tier smartphone for your mobile needs. Desktops with adult-size screens and real peripherals for actual productivity.

15" laptops are comfy as fuck for going out in public or in my case uni.