Windows is much faster and more stable than XFCE, LXDE, Openbox, or even just i3wm...

Windows is much faster and more stable than XFCE, LXDE, Openbox, or even just i3wm. I don't give a shit about your 300mb less used RAM or your 5% less CPU while idling. Windows much fucking faster and more responsive. There is no combination of compositor+window manager that has no screen tearing, good performance, and is stable. Every compositor is incapable of doing what Windows achieves easily. I either get screen tearing, or I use a GLX backend and get massive slowdown so dragging around Windows is slow as shit because the redraw speed drops, and even with a GLX backend I still get some screen tearing. Right now I use no compositor on Xfce to minimize screen tearing, but I still get window drag lag and all the window manager is dogshit. The only theme that doesn't look/behave utterly retarded has window borders that are small as fuck and impossible to resize the window with the mouse because of it. They make it SO FUCKING COMPLICATED to create Window manager and GTK themes that any time I download theme online other than the default one it's riddled with buggy inconsistencies or shit like menus are unreadable because the person who created it doesn't know the ins and outs of the GTK library because apparently that's what is needed to make a functional fucking theme. PLEASE don't give me the 'freedom to customize' if it's really just the freedom to break all my shit. It isn't only themes that are utterly SHITFUCKED, it's also the plugin system for every DE I've ever used. FUCK this uneeded fucking BULLSHIT that tries to be pluggable and hypermodular but just ends up being so impossible to maintain that it's own developers can't even write cohesive plugins for their own panel let alone anyone who wants to contribute. Windows has it right offering a dumbed down, non-offensive environment with no customization, but it fucking works! Fuck this fucking dogshit! And fuck you fags who don't like Wayland which is the only shot at improving all this broken fucking shit!

I second this.

Hi Chris!

tl;dr

Windows is much faster and more stable because of the shitty legacy design of and the misled desire for hypermodularity and pluggability in X and DEs. Wayland is the only way Linux will solve screen tearing and performance problems from X, and we need a DE that doesn't try to sell itself as hypermodular, fast AND stable because most DEs haven't accomplished any of those 3 NO DE right now has accomplished all of them.

I agree with this, but for me the final drop was the fonts. Even with things like infinality they look so bad, it just hurts my eyes.

>Windows is much faster

Except it is though. Much faster, more stable, and more responsive than even using an extremely lightweight window manger like Openbox. Because X is fucking broken.

Where is it broken? Xfce don't need 2GB just to be usable.

> I don't give a shit about your 300mb less used RAM or your 5% less CPU
>Windows much fucking faster

Works on my machine.

It's broken because no matter what DE/Compositor/PC I use, I either get:
-screen tearing/graphical glitches
-slow as fuck
-unstable

or a combination of the 3. Xfce in particular is broken because the window manager is utter shite with no good themes, the panel plugin system tries to be modular and customizable but in doing this they make it much more difficult to write working plugins. For example the clock and the application menu plugin are broken out of box because their hypermodular customizability bullshit bit the devs in the ass because now it's just hard to write the simplest of fucking features.

Right click properties applications menu then click close right away without touching anything. The text "Applications Menu" will disappear if you have that setting enabled. It's just bugged out glitched fucking shit. That's just one bug I have lists of many more for Xfce and other DE's that I don't report because there's no fucking use. DE's try to be so much more modular and customizable than windows by having complex plugin systems of interconnected libraries, but in the end make it difficult to write something as trivial as a fucking app menu.

Rather this rant, you can use whatever you want. I solved/don't have your issues on my rig with Xfce, so i will move on and you should too.

How could you make a post this dumb? It's literally meaningless. Speed/responsiveness and RAM/CPU usage are two completely unconnected things. I can make XFCE as responsive as windows if I turn off the compositor, but then I get graphical glitches and can't use any effects and certain apps. The compositor is broken as fuck and causes more graphical glitches than it fixes unless I turn on the GLX backend, which causes FPS drops. Less responsive than windows.

Nice meme.

>rant
It's an objective bug and a major flaw in the design of modern DEs. Not a rant. This is why I don't report bugs. I have many more.

posted from my Xfce Desktop with BSM Simple GTK2 + xfwm4 Default 4.6 themes with no tearing and instant responsiveness.

>This is why I don't report bugs
This is why it's a rant.
>slow as fuck
What is "fuck"? A rant.

Somebody hasn't tried solus

Call it whatever you want and ignore the words I'm saying but what it really is is pointing out major flaws in the design of DEs and X. Sorry your shits broken and can't take an inkling of constructive criticism, lincuck. I use Linux full time on all my PCs but I still know it has a long way to go. Windows is better in a lot of ways.

>mfw I use macOS and stay aside of the Windows vs Linux special olympics and just get called a faggot from time to time

Yeah, it will be better with shitposting here. Sure.

>constructive criticism
Seriously... You are a fucking idiot cocksucker shit who should hang up shitself in a basement somewhere in Iowa. If you don't like it, you can't take my constructive criticism either bastard.
That's it.

>You are a fucking idiot cocksucker shit who should hang up shitself in a basement somewhere in Iowa.
>this is how Xfce users react when I post a video of a bug on his DE
holy shit dude lol keep it positive in here im just trying to make a thread shilling for wayland

Windows STILL does not have this built in.

Yes, X11 sucks donkey balls.
It's about to be replaced by Wayland.
The new Fedora already uses Wayland by default.

can't wait till green pepper is ported over to GTK3. actually the reason I haven't switched yet. chromium got a wayland port but I just can't handle not being able to use the color dropper in gimp

>Windows is much faster
>Windows much fucking faster and more responsive.

it really is though. if you want good compositing windows is much more responsive. X is broken as shit.

Id rather be a faggot than have to use win 10 spyware or the broken junk poorfag linux

>There is no combination of compositor+window manager that has no screen tearing
There is a fix for that.

soon...

You don't need wayland for that.

This has copypasta potential.

Sad truth is OP is right. Linux on the desktop is just so fucking awful and I'm only running it in a virtual machine when I need it for Biopython because installing that shit on OSX takes me longer than installing debian.

>faster
>more responsive
t. someone who never used anything but Windows

Even as someone who prefers Windows I know that Windows is a slow bloated mess compared os OS X and Linux.

>implying Wayland will ever save us
On another note, does Wayland allow us to passthrough with one GPU? I have a few gaymes that I'd like to play but refuse to install Windows on the bare metal.

I use Linux all day every day. Windows doesn't have screen tearing like Linux does. If you want no screen tearing and other graphical glitches it's less responsive then Windows because of the settings you have to use. If you don't care about screen tearing and other glitches then yeah, Linux is more responsive. Not really a fair comparison though.

Not sure if X's fault, more like Intel drivers being complete garbage on Linux compared to Windows ones.

Only thing I agree with on this post is Wayland is king, using it right now and I encourage you to do so as well, using it with based professional KDE desktop, XFCE just werkz BUT because it's on X11 it causes screen tearing and shit is slow and barely decorates within a second like wayland does. The problem is XFCE garbafe devs refuse to use Wayland and plan on sticking with X like the retards they are. XFCE if you are poor, KDE with wayland if you are a rich capitalist

Windows is also better when it comes to installing software, multitasking and changing hotkeys.
And windows doesn't send data back to amazon.

>Doesn't mention the second most popular Linux DE - Unity.
I wonder why.

>XFCE garbafe devs refuse to use Wayland and plan on sticking with X like the retards they are.
Can I get some sauce in that? I do admit XFCE is behind, but refusing to pick up Wayland is a step backwards. I don't really like KDE, but I could very well pick up GNOME again.

Linux is the worst meme on this board by far.

On another hand, I can't believe I used Windows for more than 20 years.

Windows is much faster and more stable than XFCE, LXDE, Openbox, or even just i3wm. I don't give a shit about your 300mb less used RAM or your 5% less CPU while idling. Windows much fucking faster and more responsive. There is no combination of compositor+window manager that has no screen tearing, good performance, and is stable. Every compositor is incapable of doing what Windows achieves easily. I either get screen tearing, or I use a GLX backend and get massive slowdown so dragging around Windows is slow as shit because the redraw speed drops, and even with a GLX backend I still get some screen tearing. Right now I use no compositor on Xfce to minimize screen tearing, but I still get window drag lag and all the window manager is dogshit. The only theme that doesn't look/behave utterly retarded has window borders that are small as fuck and impossible to resize the window with the mouse because of it. They make it SO FUCKING COMPLICATED to create Window manager and GTK themes that any time I download theme online other than the default one it's riddled with buggy inconsistencies or shit like menus are unreadable because the person who created it doesn't know the ins and outs of the GTK library because apparently that's what is needed to make a functional fucking theme. PLEASE don't give me the 'freedom to customize' if it's really just the freedom to break all my shit. It isn't only themes that are utterly SHITFUCKED, it's also the plugin system for every DE I've ever used. FUCK this uneeded fucking BULLSHIT that tries to be pluggable and hypermodular but just ends up being so impossible to maintain that it's own developers can't even write cohesive plugins for their own panel let alone anyone who wants to contribute. Windows has it right offering a dumbed down, non-offensive environment with no customization, but it fucking works! Fuck this fucking dogshit! And fuck you fags who don't like Wayland which is the only shot at improving all this broken fucking shit!

it's almost like a copypasta except it's entirely true and you fags are just mad

The downfall of op and we are witnessing it live.

Gnome 3 is the heaviest DE and it's still faster and consistently more responsive than windows 10. Op, it's okay to be to dumb to use Linux, just admit it and move on.

>Windows is much faster and more stable than XFCE, LXDE, Openbox, or even just i3wm
>Windows much fucking faster and more responsive
>Windows is also better when it comes to installing software, multitasking and changing hotkeys.
>And windows doesn't send data back to amazon.
>I use Linux all day every day

This is one of the worst attempts at concern trolling I've seen yet
0 rupees have been desposited on your designated account

Sounds like you're retarded
Use gnome or mate with compiz

oh my god the name disappears !
im installing windows rught now, thanks for this great thread and for opening my eyes

I minute this.

i3wm + compton works fine here
Stable
No tearing
Not as fast as just i3wm without compton but still 100x faster than windows

I would list all of the bugs I've found over all the DE's but it would take too long, faggot. Sorry I didn't make a video documenting all of them for your pampered ass. It was to illustrate my point that even Xfce's developers can't write proper plugins let alone expect independent developers to contribute plugins.

Ok mintbaby who just started using Linux last month. X and ALL compositors besides Wayland are utter dogshit. Gnome 3 on Wayland is actually pretty good right now but I fucking hate the layout and the plugin system is just a nightmare.

>mintbabby
Nigger I use arch; gnome and mate are the best des and even on X neither screen tear
I mean neither are as good as OS X but whatever

>on X neither screen tear

>faster
>more stable
>than xfce

no

yes. sorry you can't handle the cognitive dissonance. until wayland is implemented on Xfce it's slower than windows

>b-b-b--bb-b-but I can just turn off my compositor and then it's f-faster!
enjoy your screen tearing xfeces eater

It's literally true
If you can't figure out how to configure your graphics driver don't complain

You should submit some patches for compton compiz or xcompmgr then, they could really use it if you're so massively intelligent and can solve screen tearing on everyone's machine just by le tweaking the settings. You're obviously brain damaged if you think it's that easy. X is fundamentally broken and the problem of screen tearing is decades old. It works great on Wayland.

It's actually really funny because all you lincucks act like Xfce is some kind of holy grail when in reality it's just less shit than the competition and even pajeet writes more stable spaghetti code at windows HQ. I have never ONCE had ANY bug or problem with the windows panel or window manager. I have never heard of ANYONE claiming that there are bugs or glitches in the window manager and panel. Why? Because it's very simple. They don't offer 6 million customization options. So yes, windows is MASSIVELY more stable than Xfce in the sense of window management, the panel, and the DE in general. It's also faster and more responsive because Windows doesn't use a broken display protocol.

>Intel drivers being complete garbage on Linux compared to Windows ones.

You're retarded. Intel's are the best and most usable of the 3 majors, and can be made to run X tear-free without unnecessary input lag / compositor overhead with a couple of simple settings.

>he doesn't know the "Tear Free" option

Linux is a CLI server and IoT device OS, and nothing more. Plain and simple. It's DEs are utter garbage, especially when you have GOOD hardware.

>mfw Windows uses X

>windows
>better when it comes to installing software

i'm a win 10 user and have been using windows forever, but this is just false. i wish windows had a package manager

Windows does have a package manager, it's just shit and doesn't have any of the software you want.

you mean chocolatey?

if so, youre right

>tfw using LXDE and pretending I don't notice the horrible screen tearing problems

this is bait you only made one point that could be debated as true the rest are blatantly false

Maybe you're right but don't forget that desktop Linux distros are just server OSs crammed inside the role of desktop OSs. That's why they're a bit clunky.

Meh
I have a t420 with default everything xubuntu except i have numix installed and it doesnt ever give me trouble
Maybe its something else....

>that giant flat area where the cheeks should meet
I don't think this artist has ever seen an ass

Read the post following yours then kill yourself

I've found chocolatey to be better than home brew for OS X

> Intel is the best smelling garbage of the 3 garbage piles on Linux gpu driver dump. Therefore is good.

I'm the retarted one. Okey.

>Tear Free option
Okay yeah I'll fucking use that and take a massive performance drop.
>hurr durr linux can do something as basic as render windows at nearly 1/2 of the responsiveness and redraw rate as windows 98 and i barely even get that much screen tearing! see its better!!! hurr durr I'M FUCKING RETARDED DURRRRRRRRRRR XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Oh wait, I don't even have intel graphics so that's not even an option.

Honestly. It's actually amazing how delusional Linux users are. Windows has better graphics performance and is more stable. No I'm not talking about the stability of the tiny Linux kernel vs the entire windows monolithic system, I'm talking about Desktop Environments, the display server, and graphics performance for things like video playback and 3d.

It's SO FUCKING FUNNY that no one in this thread can comprehend that the Windows DE is literally much more stable than Xfce, Gnome, Mate, LXDE, or even a minimal window manager like i3 that only has to render square boxes and change windows. Many Linux DE's have accomplished impressive feats and are nicely bundled, but Windows is still much more stable than all of them. On every single DE out there are many bugs and glitches with the panel or window managers. They try to figure out how to have 60 interconnected plugins working on the desktop seamlessly rather while they still can't even do something as basic as render windows properly that look decent. Face it, the Windows 10 panel and window manager is MUCH more stable than anything any DE has ever accomplished. No it does not have more features and customizability, but it's MUCH more stable.

I've never ONCE had a bug/glitch with the Windows xp/vista/7/8/10 panel or window manager, nor have I ever heard anyone claiming they did. Anyone in this thread ever run into a bug with the Windows window manager or panel? No? Anyone ever used a Linux DE and run into a bug? Oh? Everyone and their fucking mother whose ever used Linux? Gotcha.

WATCH IT PAJEET!

This is actually such an enjoyable thread. It's so funny to see how dysfunctional Linux user's brains are. There are 2 types of people replying to this thread.

>hehe windows isnt faster and more stable than linux is xd, le cultured reaction image
these guys are too brain damaged to even understand what OP post was about and probably don't even understand what a compositor or window manager does

>Arch User: hehe oh so you found some bugs in Linux eh? all the time i wasted ricing my system and googling how to fix my broken distro was for this thread! I'll show OP! I'll list some obscure settings and shitty workarounds that don't even work! that will shut him up!
alright kiddos who think you can fix everything by tweaking your settings, why don't you go tell the Xorg devs that and submit some patches to double the linux market share because it will actually work? why don't you ask the Wayland devs why they're migrating over to that, why not just patch up Xorg? X is fucking FUNDAMENTALLY BROKEN and UNFIXABLE. there's a reason why those settings aren't enabled by default, and there's a reason why there is an effort to migrate to Wayland.

xD

Because unity is shit and you're retarded for using it

>I'M FUCKING MAD PAY ATTENTION TO ME GUYS!!! I'M TRYING TO ACT AS CIVIL AS POSSIBLE YET YOU STILL THROW ME UNDER THE BUS?!?! HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

Sounds like you're the one who's mad. If you had any semblance of an argument you would point out what's incorrect about my posts but you can't because I'm smarter than you.

>N-NO U

You ok?

is right.

What the fuck is wrong with you?

noice

I'm ok, I was just laughing at how mad and uncivilized you are.

>b-buh-but-bu-n-no u
If you can post a civilized argument like a normal human being would, I'll stop laughing.

>crap graphcard/drivers

>If you can post a civilized argument
and yet all you're saying is "no u" while ignoring the content of the original posts you replied to. X is shit and the Microsoft Windows DE is currently more stable than any Linux DE. There's no debating that. I just came here to laugh at you retards while you squirm.

works on MY machine

>and yet all you're saying is "no u" while ignoring the content of the original posts you replied to.
You don't even know what the context of my post was supposed to mean, yet you call yourself """""smarter""""" than everyone else here? LOL!!!

I think you might be schizophrenic or something bro. You may think you're arguing but in reality your posts are all just nonsensical with nothing related to the topic.

also
>LOL!!!
What are you 12? You do know you have to be 18 to browse this website, right?

Thanks for keeping my thread alive though.

>Windows is much faster and more stable than XFCE, LXDE, Openbox, or even just i3wm.
>Windows much fucking faster and more responsive.
I beg to disagree based in my own experience.

>I don't give a shit about your 300mb less used RAM or your 5% less CPU while idling
Not the only reason why i use linux but it's nice to have an efficient OS.

>There is no combination of compositor+window manager that has no screen tearing, good performance, and is stable.
Most compositors i have tried complies with having good performance and being stable. The screen tearing is the biggest problem but all drivers i have used has an option to have tear-free compositing.

>I either get screen tearing, or I use a GLX backend and get massive slowdown so dragging around
>Windows is slow as shit because the redraw speed drops, and even with a GLX backend I still get some screen tearing.
X cannot do vsync by itself but i have never had slowdowns with composited environments. Just sayin'.

>Right now I use no compositor on Xfce to minimize screen tearing, but I still get window drag lag and all the window manager is dogshit.
xfwm has the worst compositor i have tried on linux, however installing compton is easy and solves the proble,

>The only theme that doesn't look/behave utterly retarded has window borders that are small as fuck and impossible to resize the window with the mouse because of it.
This is just an opinion and depends enterily on the windows manager tho.

>They make it SO FUCKING COMPLICATED to create Window manager and GTK themes that any time I download theme online other than the default one it's riddled with buggy inconsistencies or shit like menus are unreadable because the person who created it doesn't know the ins and outs of the GTK library because apparently that's what is needed to make a functional fucking theme.
Most themes i have tried works fine, just checks if the theme is compatible with the version of GTK your OS is shipping and you will be fine.

>he actually thinks this is """debating"""

>PLEASE don't give me the 'freedom to customize' if it's really just the freedom to break all my shit.
Having customization is a good thing and i haven't broken something trying to customize things like themes, sorry if my experience has been different.

>It isn't only themes that are utterly SHITFUCKED, it's also the plugin system for every DE I've ever used.
>FUCK this uneeded fucking BULLSHIT that tries to be pluggable and hypermodular but just ends up being so impossible to maintain that it's own developers can't even write cohesive plugins for their own panel let alone anyone who wants to contribute.
Why? you're not obligated to customize anything, on windows for example you don't have the option, just use the defaults if you feel like that.

>Windows has it right offering a dumbed down, non-offensive environment with no customization, but it fucking works!
I disagree, as i said just use the defaults if you feel like that. If you prefer windows just use it.

>Fuck this fucking dogshit! And fuck you fags who don't like Wayland which is the only shot at improving all this broken fucking shit!
No need to be so altered.

it works for me, dunno what you're whining about lol

>submit a patch
You don't need a patch just install gnome and you won't have screen tearing. Alternatively, compiz also doesn't have screen tearing

If for some reason your computer is retarded and it does, then enforce vsync in the Intel driver settings. Boom. No tearing.