>boot Win10 because it comes with Windows program to check for new firmware
>ERROR: INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE
>offers to fix it...
>click OK
>reboots, SAME SHIT YET AGAIN!
>offers to fix it
>reboots, SAME SHIT YET AGAIN!
>GOTO -2

I then booted LM that's on the same old HDD and it booted PERFECTLY!

Why do all you retards run Winshit? It's literally the shittiest OS in existence. It sucks on so many levels.

It's also VERY BRITTLE and breaks on a single fucking BIOS change! How fucking stupid is that???

Install Linux for fucks sake. It's much more resilient.

windoze users are the ultimate cu-cks. they get shit on by Microshit all the time and all they do is ask for moar. Disgusting coprophages.

Built-in parts trigger anti-malware.

All three were related to facebook somehow.

Unbelievable.

kek'd. have fun recovering after it "cleans" it.

>Let me just tank these registry values for you...

It triggered notification center(or whatever 10 has in yankee speak) asking me if I want to troubleshoot audio.

>app value is random
fuck

The search feature is really good.

:(

More than likely, its a setting in the BIOS. I can't recall where/what it was, but I ran into a similar issue when trying to image some HP laptops that had SSDs.

Well, AHCI is a setting in BIOS. But the problem is that Windows CANNOT be booted while in AHCI mode if you installed it when it was in IDE mode.

Ridiculous.

REEEEEEEE

>format win 7 because i was bored
>had win 10 on usb using rufus
>go to boot it via bios
>go to install on ssd
>always gets hung up on some part of install
>missing files or some shit
>fuck i'll try on my hdd
>go to install
>same fucking error

Is this a me being retarded somehow, or just windows 10 doesn't work well with a USB + rufus install

windows installs are a joke
>buy shitpc from second hand shop to use as a storage machine
>designed for vista stickers all over it
>thats not going to happen
>want to install XP
>just bluescreens everytime 5 seconds into the install for no reason at all
>fine
>put W7 ultimate on a usb and try to boot from it
>install goes well
>remove my usb and start pc on just my disk with the fresh install
>refiuses to boot at all just get a black screen
>plug in old disk with working windows on it
>works gud
>unplug fresh install disk and try to boot again
>thers a problem wit windows want to run repair?? Y/Y 30 seconds to choose
>repair finds nothing
>restart
>get repair shit again
>unplug all my drives, plug my disk with the broken install in, format it then install W7
>works like a charm
its so fucking stupid, i cant install windows once without hitting some hitch or some magic bazinga shit that will fuck up my install for no reason at all

>he fell for the SSD meme

It's your fault for not using AHCI though. What kind of nigger hardware you have that it needs to use IDE mode for the hard drives? That has been deprecated for a decade now.

Also, msconfig into safe mode for windows to reinitialize the system drive in ahci mode, then boot back normally.

Is this the new desktop thread?

format and install windows with ahci already installed

>try to install windows 7
>install failed please try again
>try again
>install failed fuck you
>unplug second monitor
>install works

This isn't even an obscure problem, windows 7 will not install if you have more than one monitor plugged in. Shit's fucked.

>Arch & ZFS root on two SSDs
>Split the SSDs between two PCs with similar architecture
>Rebuild the mirror on both machines
>Just cloned the machine

Wait so you system is on the HDD?
Your BIOS was not already set to AHCI when you installed that Windows on the HDD sometime in the past?
Meaning your Windows was isntalled when the BIOS was set to IDE?
You put in the SSD and changed the BIOS from IDE to AHCI, without teaching your Windows prior to handle AHCI?

Is this the gists of it?

I start having problems when I install drivers and they are built like crap. Probably gonna reinstall the OS soon.

>get new PC
>insert USB stick with Windows 10
>installs flawlessly
>install all my shit with ninite (had it in the USB stick)
>OS 100% functional within an hour
somehow retards like OP find a way to mess this shit up

>windows does some stupid shit i never asked it to for no reason i can discern
i appreciated my mouse laser flashing in some sort of morse code

you're dumb as shit op

>buttmad winshit curry
kek

>can't do something as simple as changing your storage device without fucking anything up

shit man this is just embarrassing and has hardly to do anything with the os of your choice, but more with the incompetence of not reading things up before applying them

kys

>try to install windows 7
>have cheap shitty wifi dongle that just werks on win10
>drivers don't exist past xp 32 bit
>try to install linux
>drivers don't exist at all

Welp. Guess I'm stuck.

The whole OS is literal botnet and you just notice now?

Why in the name of all that is holy did you have it on IDE mode?

Fucking retard, windows gives you additional launch parameters after shitting itself 2 times, Safe Boot -> Reboot -> It is working

>You put in the SSD and changed the BIOS from IDE to AHCI, without teaching your Windows prior to handle AHCI?
How come I didn't have to "teach" (kek'd at your ESL choice of a word) Linux a thing? It just picked up the change, adjusted its driver, and booted perfectly?

It's the first time anti-malware software has reacted to built-in shit.

Bought an SSD a few years ago. Didn't have any issues with it. Upgraded to windows 10 and has been nothing but reinstalls. Its like russian roulette if the pc will boot. If it fails - sometimes windows repair can fix it, sometimes not. Last time windows couldn't boot i just bought a $60 HDD. Time will tell if all the problems just go away now...

If you install gentoo you won't have this problem, user

How to remove device driver auto installation properly?
Damn! It just updates (lower version) my printer and gpu drivers again.

>>enable AHCI as per instructions

>he did not use AHCI before
are you retarded

Yes you can, boot in IDE mode, install a SATA driver and it will work.

Windows 10? You cant do that, lel

all they had to do was replicate windows 7 and give it the stupid fucking DX12 support

thats all they had to do

but the retarded pajeets fucked literally everything up

Works fine for me, perhaps you are just too stupid to use Windows.

>Build new comp
>Install W10 through USB
>MSToolkit
No issues here.

My roomate has the same problem. Just pop-up randomly. You find any solution to this? I think this started to happend after he dual-booted livu Linux USB.

or, you know, boot into BIOS and just set the SATA port to AHCI mode

That's nice hon

Because it's working in a half assed gimped mode you dolt.

Is this thread really nessisary?

Everyone and his dog knows that windows 10 sucks dongs, even normies that usually can't tell the diference.

He probably has fast boot turned on, dual booting Linux can break your Windows install unless you turn it off.

But I don't really expect people to want solutions in an Asperger venting thread

>But the problem is that Windows CANNOT be booted while in AHCI mode if you installed it when it was in IDE mode.
You can change that in windows, you fucking imbecile, it's 2 registry keys you have to change BEFORE switching mode.

You change some shit in the registry and it works.

It's still retarded that Windows is so unflexible in this year, though. GanooLoonix works fucking everywhere without changing anything. Just copy your root partition and install grub -> It werks.

I think ill be fine with windows 7. Have no issues hot swapping sata drives and installing them live, yet alone with the PC off and not even fucking with the boot drive.

But i agree windows 10 is absolute cancer tier, i work for an MSP and windows 10 causes a million and half headaches for us. Most recently the update that fucked dhcp.

it's a known issue, Pajeet.

exactly. it's a clusterfuck now.

>Because it's working in a half assed gimped mode you dolt.
MUH MODES. Shut the fuck up. Linux works perfectly on the same hardware.

gimped mode? HAHAHA... Pajeet, I'm glad you made your 50 rupees for the day but get the fuck out.

Can't change registry if you can't boot. You have to deisable AHCI first.

>But i agree windows 10 is absolute cancer tier, i work for an MSP and windows 10 causes a million and half headaches for us. Most recently the update that fucked dhcp.
Total garbage. Don't upgrade!

You're fucking retarded if you couldn't follow a 5 steps tutorial to switch to AHCI. Get back to Sup Forums, you imbecile.

Anyone have that picture of a windows employee email or something discussing the bloated trash that is the windows internal code? Something along the lines of code they don't even know why or how it works and if it were changed it would fuck up legacy support across the entire system?

>ever believing this bullshit
Jesus christ... I wish /prog/ was still a thing, at least I wouldn't visit this shithole board.

>he can't use google and common sense to fix problems he created

>TFW literally none of these problems ever.

Have you considered it's your SSD meme that is the issue?

>Can't change registry if you can't boot

What is: Offline registry editing
Answer: a befuddler and bamboozler of mongs

wincucks' cuckoldry has no bounds. you ppl will justify any type of shit MS does to you.

pathetic.

There is a lot to say about MS, but OP is a mouthbreathing retard.

Jesus, you cant even install a new drive properly? This isnt tech support, fuck off and research your stupidity yourself.

I think this is what youre looking for comrade

How so? WIndblows is clearly at fault here.

It has to be something on your side, because I installed both my Win10 partitions with an USB and rufus.

Also, @OP, I installed my intel ssd without any issues from Win10. Plugged it in the SATA connector, booted in the older Win10 system, opened Disk management and formatted it.

Then installed Win10 on it.

No issues whatsoever, everything went smooth in about 40 minutes, because it was the first time I did this, so I had to figure out why it wasn't seeing the drive first (it wasn't activated).

Then did the firmware upgrade and used trim on it.

Works like a charm now with Win10 on it.

>How so?
Because switching to AHCI is not something hard to do, it's just editing the register before you do it. I don't even understand why he installed the OS on his computer in IDE mode in the first place. I can't believe he is using linux. I use both and windows, with all its faults, is still retard proof. I don't say linux is particularly difficult to use or anything, but sometimes it can be a pain to troubleshoot. If this guy really uses linux, I just don't understand how switching windows to AHCI mode is a problem for him. Even if he wasn't aware of having to follow a few steps, after having an error he could just google it and follow the few steps in the shitloads of results on google. I just googles his problem, it's 2 register variables to modify and when you reboot you can switch to AHCI in BIOS.

>be windows 7 booting
>every 1-3 boots it bluescreens 2-4 ties
>but otherwise it boots normally without any issue in seconds
>check for bluescreen logs
>there aren't any
>double check location
>double check settings
>wait for some more boot bluescreens
>still no logs
>change setting to every conceivable way of producting a goddamn report
>minidump, fulldump, ramdump, anything to give me one single clue why this might be happening
>still no goddamn logs, reports, events, or otherwise

so yeah I guess I'll be playing wheel of chance every time I want to use my machine until I either kill myself or finish the arch install

well it works on my machine my man

Works on my machine. :^)

You have to unplug other storage devices except the one you are installing windows on

>MS can't database
>people don't know how the OS works
>updates can fuck up your computer in 1% cases
>a team of people in charge of tracking users to send out new versions of windows
>windows is develloped on visual studio
I know this is Sup Forums 2.0 now but come on, you got to be retarded to believe this load of bullshit.

Or troubleshoot it like someone who isnt braindead. Heres a tip genius, the lack of log reporting is a huge red flag to narrow down the issue.

welcome to the fun retarded world of UEFI

you think I didn't check that, nerdo?

>Because switching to AHCI is not something hard to do, it's just editing the register before you do it.
Why can't Windoze detect the change automatically like Linux and FreeBSD?

The more fucked up part is what is does that you don't normally see. And I don't mean the malware or spying.

That thing is such a fucking shitfest that it is literally breaking core parts of the system almost constantly. Whoever wrote the subsystem to handle the core system crashes and errors needs a fucking medal - Because it all appears to work. On most of the systems running W10 the event logs it looks like fucking WW1 trench warfare.

Not sure if they fixed any of that, but dear fucking god, I have see shit like microsoft keyboard rendering the system unbootable. Hell even the "start menu" at least used to have a pretty good chance of fucking breaking half the system.

You're bitching about it like its mircrosofts fault so obviously you didnt or you are too stupid/lazy to use google.

I mean what is with these fucking idiots who cant even do basic troubleshooting these days? The bar has be lowered so far to make things easy for people to fix their own computers and theres still so many people who want to blame everyone but themselves. Its like everyone is a nigger.

That's better than some of the shit I had to deal with trying to install Linux on a PC with Pascal graphics cards.
>try to boot install media
>everything going well
>something about nouveau flashes across the screen too quickly to read
>uh oh
>screen goes completely black
>no signal
>nouveau don't like no Pascal
>want at least a TTY to fix shit by hand?
>fuck you then
>no signal
Some distros have caught up by now, but I tried the "friendly" Ubuntu 16.04.
1 and it still does this shit to this day.

stay mad pastafag, why anyone would defend a windows-only, inconsistent, and beyond the reach of its own logs problem is beyond me

I don't have to be defending windows to call you an idiot that can even handle basic troubleshooting, especially considering your issue would still be happening regardless of the OS from what I can tell.

but it isn't happening regardless of OS you projecting butthurt ITfag

Whatever make you feel better about how stupid you are I guess.

Jeez, probably something to do with built in AHCI drivers in linux kernel...

i hate windows and use linux and all that but i would not admit to being incapable of installing it on an SSD ever, not even on an anonymous anime technology board mate.

like all ITfags, you got buttmad when you realized it was not cookie cutter problem #14 and blamed it on the user to keep your peace of mind over the ball of garbage known as windows which cannot even record its own crashes

If it doesn't record a log for crash, your problem is most likely related to HDD.

Oh look, the "Windows 10 is fucking garbage" guy is back with his made up stories.

Next time try to get a original image pls.

don't boot from bios, use uefi.

try to poo in the loo

Yeah Ubuntu is actually the hardest to work with distro. If you're one of the people for whom it DOESN'T work right out of the box, you are fucked.

The Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have this problem.

Funny thing is I have a gentoo installed on a high failure rate model Seagate HHD. It has been flawless during this.