High tech cars

>High tech cars
Not even once

Other urls found in this thread:

roadandtrack.com/new-cars/videos/a30937/tesla-model-s-p100-d-lamborghini-huracan/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fastest_production_cars_by_acceleration
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The only electronic in my car is the ecu and all it does is control my ignition

I keep telling my normie friends and family that tesla is a fucking joke but they wont listen

>Tesla throws cars together out of everyone elses parts
>Basically a zombie prius
>Surprised when the fly by wire fucks itself up
Roight

>buying a car made by an autistic cuck who is only relevant because dumbass normie news stations won't stop fawning over him

you get what you deserve.

This, Elon animal Musk is a meme "scientist", and is essentially the Steve Jobs after Jobs died, since most of hat he does is just throw money at stuff and take the credit

Yet they manage to get cars working about as often as other manufacturers.

It's every few months I hear about a major recall because some car manufacturer wanted to cut some corners and instead made a dangerous car.

I'm surprised they work this well.

>Fly by wire
>power steering
Wew lad

>implying that ape knows how to drive

So, it's not an ECU, it's just an ignition controller.]
>It's every few months I hear about a major recall because some car manufacturer wanted to cut some corners and instead made a dangerous car.
That's not real life.
Are you surprised these people don't know what they're talking about?

elon musk is a god, i would treat my tesla with respect unlike brown man

>That's not real life.
What the fuck is that response?
Of course it's real life. Just google " recall" and you'll probably find one within the last 2 years.

Tesla hasn't really been out for very long so it's bound to have the same issues that other car companies are plagued with.

There are very few cases where it was known ahead of time that a cost cutting measure would lead to an unsafe design in a situation. Most of the time it's simply because a test case wasn't conceived of or because testing has to be accelerated so you never truly know how something will perform in the long term.

>So, it's not an ECU
Ecu most likely controls intake, ignition, and other stuff.

Yes. That's (probably) exactly what's going on with Tesla.

That's the point I'm making.

literally the apple of cars, the people that buy them don't even care about global warming or the environment they just wanna be hip and in in the new fad

It appears I interpreted your statement incorrectly

nice post retard

He's pretty right, most people do not care about the environment. Which is a shame.

t. elon cuckboi

But he's right.

OK, so since it seems like Teslas are shit, what are some good alternatives?

yeah rofl fuck you retards~!!!!

Nissan Leaf

volkwagen UPe, at least you won't get fucked with the emissions this time

Bought my P85D April '15. 0 dollars gas. 0 dollars maintenance.

itt:poorfags

>The only electronic in my car is the ecu and all it does is control my ignition
That's the M.E (or C.D.I if its diesel).
And you likely have more than that.
It likely also has an S.R.S module, a module in the dash, A.B.S module, etc.

What is the maintenance schedule?

How much do you make a year and what do you do for a living?

This is like the second time he had to send it back this year

once a year service center visit. 500 bucks. optional. skipped first year, will take it in next year.

>That's the M.E (or C.D.I if its diesel).
Expand these.

You act like people actually know how their cars work these days.
Last time I checked, teslas are all by wire.

commercial landlord. 300k

Yes, but what needs to be done when?

>It's every few months I hear about a major recall because some car manufacturer wanted to cut some corners and instead made a dangerous car.

Those recalls are incredibly rare.
Most recalls are preventative modifications to prevent future issues. Things like replacing wiring harness couplings because there's a concern the original might let moisture in eventually... or swapping out a sensor because under the wrong conditions it might cause an inefficiency, etc, etc, etc.

Actual safety issues are typically found at the plant, or corrected before it even gets to the sales floor.

No manufacturer wants an actual safety recall, that utterly destroys their reputation and costs them billions. Everything else outside of safety however, they may cut corners on.

All high end manufacturers are moving to drive-by-wire, most of the economy ones are also doing it, just a little behind the curve.

No, they aren't. The only manufacturer on the market with DBW steering is Infiniti, in a single vehicle.

>just throw money at stuff
government money, even

tesla and spacex are basically milking machines for government grants, subsidies and various other financial incentives

>Expand this
*unzips dick*

Im gonna reply you with your quote "Nice post retard"

Have you been hiding under a rock for a decade?

A decade? The Q50S's system just came out a year or two ago. The DBW steering is pretty much universally reviled, too.

name literally one car that came out 10 years old card using dbw

>you know telsa is a joke,but it looks so nice

Fuck meant to quote go ahead name you imaginary car

Right cause the legacy carmakers didn't take tens of billions of dollars in loans. And we all know that ULA/Boeing/LockMart don't take a dime in subsidies.

Have you ever run out of charge on the road? Just curious.

If so, I guess you'd have to tow it home or a charging station, correct?

Can anyone on this board think critically or do you all just repeat anti-Tesla propaganda mindlessly? Let's see some facts

The model S is
- fastest car of all cars in production right now
- safest car
- most efficient car
- longest range of any EV
- revenue from reserved model 3s is almost 20 billion

Elon Musk does the following
- only ever works
- destroys personal relationships to work more
- will fire employees if they bullshit at all
- will do the work of any employee he fires along with running Telsa & spacex

SpaceX has done the following
- Reclaimed much of the global rocket launch market to USA
- Stopped USA dependence on Russian rockets to get astronauts to space
- Developed brand-new reusable rocket technology
- Has 8 billion in booked rocket launches

All in the span of 15 years. Yet here are hundreds of unnaccomplished anons who nitpick the stupidest shit that mainstream auto manufacturers are way worse on. I don't get it. Is it crabs in a bucket?

>If so, I guess you'd have to tow it home or a charging station, correct?
No you just leave it there and it charges from the sun.

Retard.

==WARNING==

Shills have been spamming negative articles about Tesla, SpaceX and Solarcity ever since Donald Trump accepted Elon Musk into his advisory counsel.

where is the motivation though? Who would be paying to shill

lets figure this out together user

>tfw car is from 1993 and has like a hundred pounds of primitive computer systems inside it

Unfortunately it's not easy to find a pre-computerization car around here that's in good shape and not rusted out.

>revenue from reserved model 3s is almost 20 billion
I agree with you but this is wrong. Even going by the most optimistic estimates, potential revenue is at $12B which is a far cry from 20. And even then that's wrong, because people have not paid the full price yet, they paid $1000.
The actual revenue today is around 400 millions.

>Let's see some facts
Let's see some sources for your "facts"

Now that I re-read, yes it was a stupid question. What's it like to have never had a retard moment, Mr. Perfect?

Bet your dick is, like, 9 inches too

It's 20b. There are more than 400,000 reservations right now for Model 3, each one is 35,000 base but people will option up to about 37,000 average price. So by the time they get 500,000 reservations, its 18.5 billion which is 20 billion.

no srs no abs
why would I have cuck systems?

>manufacturing is subsidised
news at 11

their leaders aren't put on a pedestal as the smartest goy who ever lived, however

>- safest car
just don't use the autopilot shit

the eternal leftist, same way all those "not my president" riots were funded

>The model S is
>- fastest car of all cars in production right now

Lmoa not even close

Retard alert.

>So by the time they get 500,000 reservations, its 18.5 billion which is 20 billion.
top lmao you sound like a corporate accountant

Current real revenue is less than half a billion and that's the end of it. Call me when Tesla actually sees any of those billions.

autopilot, another thing you anons cant wrap your head around for some reason. You know they run a neural net on a Nvidia Titan for that, right? You know how you train nn's with data? You know how Tesla has the most road video and radar data of any company? Autopilot is gonna get scary good scary fast, even right now it's good enough to drive through the city

>5800 miles

Who even expects his care to last that much? I don't think I'll drive that much in my whole life. If your car has 5800 miles it's time to trash it and buy another one, just like when laptops die.

Do you not realize how revenue works? That's 400 Million dollars in revenue right now. It's revenue when it comes in.... The other 19.6 Billion dollars is "projected revenue".

Let's take into account all the normies who reserved it who probably won't be able to pony up once they are delivered, plus the ammount it is going to cost to upgrade the supercharger network, the $5 billion dollar cost to build the new battery plant in Nevada, etc.

Tesla will fail, and it will be hilarious.

>the eternal leftist

cant see how their pockets are deep enough to fund any lengthy shilling campaign.

When it's not crashing into parked cars.

>muh v24 fags still exist
wew lad just put the nail in the coffin already

I wouldn't be so sure that it will fail, that's a guess, an educated guess at best. But you're 100% right about the reservations revenue.

thanks for warning me about you.
:3c

My Thinkpad won't just "die". Cars shouldn't either.

LMAO a tesla on ludicrous beats out 1000HP cars in the 1/4 mile.

There is literally NO stock car that comes even close.

It's not specific to Tesla or high-tech electric cars. It's just that you never buy the first generation of anything. Give them time to get the kinks worked out.

>cucking yourself out of superior electronic traction control

Lol you dumbfuck.
> Model 3 owners wont pony up
Tesla called all their Model S reservation holders in 2008 and convinced a shitload of them to pay up in full right then. Before the car even existed.

>upgrade the supercharger network
Model 3 owners have to pay to use it. thats where the money comes from

>5 billion dollar cost to build the new battery plant
It's not like investors arent begging to suck his cock for shares.

I ask again, is there any non-retarded criticism or is it all repeated Fox News like a typical uneducated jackass would say?

>the nvidia cuck tripfag also likes tesla
Do you just like to eat shit or something?

I have friends that work at both Tesla and Solar City. They are really only skating by because of subsidies and federal tax incentives for green bullshit.

If Trump pulls those subsidies away it could seriously damage both the companies.

why would I wan't tc?

note the lack of brain activity or indication of conscious thought in this post.

The Tesla Model S (performance version) goes 0-60 in 2.5s

That beats out every other car that isn't a formula 1.

>Tesla called all their Model S reservation holders in 2008 and convinced a shitload of them to pay up in full right then. Before the car even existed.

The model S had significantly less reservations, and were at a higher cost($5K and $40K).

I'm not doubting a lot of those people will go through with it, but at the same time, there will be some measurable level of attrition from the 400K people who only put 1K down. Most people are fucky with their finances as it is. Again, the main problem is you are conflating projected revenue with actual revenue.

>Model 3 owners have to pay to use it. thats where the money comes from
No shit sherlock, that's not what I'm trying to say. Upgrading the network is going to take serious up front capital, and the network will have to be largely in place before 2018 when the cars stop shipping. That goes to the recent news where Tesla is going to start charging overage fees for continued parking at a charge station. Tesla has also repeatedly says they never plan to make money off the Supercharger network, just run it at net zero, so they won't exactly be pulling revenue from that.

>It's not like investors arent begging to suck his cock for shares.
Not with current government subsidies potentially on the chopping block after the election.

>I ask again, is there any non-retarded criticism or is it all repeated Fox News like a typical uneducated jackass would say?

Assume more faggot. I probably will buy a Tesla, once they get the network better managed and open more service stations, and I see how they fare post government cheese, but keep assuming my positions.

>i like nvidia and telsa
housefires and car fires

Thought you meant stock model s, didn't even know ludicrous version even existed.

Yes, it beats the lambo huracan in the 1/4 mile, but if the race was a little longer the lambo would smoke it

roadandtrack.com/new-cars/videos/a30937/tesla-model-s-p100-d-lamborghini-huracan/

Either way, i'm impressed

>implying
My car has 186k kilometers in it.

>tfw almost 280,000km

Porsche 918 isn't F1. Neither is Bugatti Veyron.
It's also nowhere near the fastest because it tops out at 155mph, which is standard for luxury sedans. For example the Mercedes Benz E class can also do 155mph even with a lower end V6 engine.

That's nothing. 440,000 miles on my car.

>only recently passed 100k
fuck I have some time to go.

The Tesla is a fine car and all, but based on my cell phone and laptop experiences those battery packs will be a BITCH in several years

poorfag

What the hell
None of my cars ever got trashed below 125000km

Even the first service message only pops up after 10k. If a car isn't built to make it up to 100k without major malfunctions, it's simply a shitty car.

/o/ shills out in full force today

still faster than the 918 0 - 60, and the veyron isn't in production

Tesla Model S Super Southpark Shill Edition

>2016
>not still doing your own vehicle maintenance
>being a bitch nigga

haaaaaa

No it's not, the 918 does 0-60 in 2.2 seconds, which last I checked is less than 2.5. Also, you failed to specify "currently in production". When you set up goals, don't move them after you're proven wrong. Set them at the correct spot to begin with so that you're correct.

Pretty annoying when every time you're proven wrong you just shift the goal posts and claim that you were right all along. No. It's not the fastest accelerating car outside of F1 (there is also LaFerrari btw, although that almost qualifies as F1) and it's certainly not the fastest car. It's a run of the mill luxury car that accelerates very quickly. Perhaps it is the fastest accelerating car currently in production, I don't know if they produce 918 Spyder anymore.

Remember that at the end of the day. It's a car that goes a to b.

You need it to be comfortable, decently fuel efficient, have adequate ac, maybe great sounding speakers and a nice head unit. That's it. I don't need to be spending $50,000 on a car when a Camry can do it.

Only thing shit about Toyota is that they refuse to support Android auto

lol how did I know it would be a fucking Toyota? I would have guessed Tundra though

she was a cute sh0ta back in the day
he was also bullied

Ur the user with the 400k car ?

No surprised to me that a pick up last that long.

My father's 93 Toyota Pickup has 600,000 miles -- he is a mechanic.

lots of cars do or did actually

check the 1/4 mile times

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fastest_production_cars_by_acceleration