Why do people use laptops lmao?

Beyond video editing, gaming and other major tasks, what is the actual fucking need of a pc/laptop?

I just got a new android phone and put in a 256gb microsd, that's enough for most things, you can just stream your music and download the other stuff, you can watch films on its 1080p ips screen, you can sort all the files you would have on your comp on your phones microsd, and two factor authentication is even easier because the sim is right there

What is the actually point in using a laptop?

When did you wake up and SMELL the coffee?

>1336x768

laptops are just PC's to me. my question is who tf uses desktops unless you are a video editing/gaming/major tasks?

Laptops are cheap and powerful enough to be your main computer if you don't need a "rig"

I like having a physical keyboard, and it allows me to surf the web and shitpost, as well as make the occasional purchase, much easier than using my smartphone. Considering I spend 300 bucks on my laptop, and it lasts 6-10 years, I don't really see the issue.

My phone is more for checking email/bank account on the fly, or occasionally playing Plague Inc while I wait for an appointment or something.

Must be nice to be 12 and not have pubes yet.

Making music, writing. Android is designed for consumption of content, not production.

Get a real job then you don't need to do such shitty tasks such as making music to barely scrape by a living. Gaming is for children and if you're desperate to play games, consoles are way superior for the task.

Then why are you on here? Being underaged is against the rules on Sup Forums.

Once you get used to a smartphone keyboard with the word predictions, you can type a lot faster than on a regular laptop keyboard.

>Once you get used to a smartphone keyboard with the word predictions, you can type a lot faster than on a regular laptop keyboard.
K. And?

>Once you get used to a smartphone keyboard with the word predictions, you can type a lot faster than on a regular laptop keyboard.

the feeling isn't just there. I hate using my smartphone for typing.

I'm OP and I don't agree with this faggot.

This post makes it glaringly obvious you are very young with very little real world experience.

Polish your bait.

Do you think that anything that you don't do yourself is worthless?

You're talking about using a smart phone as if it's a spartan way of living. It's not. A spartan way of living is getting a refurbished laptop for 100 bucks on ebay and maintaining it yourself, replacing the hard drive when it fails, etc, etc.

The fact of the matter is that you can do a lot more on a PC/laptop than you can on a smart phone. Smart phones are tools of convenience, nothing more. And you tend to pay a premium for that convenience, OR you tend to suffer performance issues.

Are you retarded or something? Ever written a paper on a phone? Do you want to watch all movies on a 5.5'' screen? Have you ever produced anything?

Fuck off kid, mobileposters are ruining this site.

Except I'm a front end developer and write code on my phone and paste it in the office, you fucking scrub!

>front-end
Stopped reading

lol

Tell me how well does your compiler work on that phone?

I know back end too, idiot, this job is just specifically front end.

I don't need a compiler, idiot, it all works in my mind, I just paste it when I get into the office and run it through the compiler there.

So you're a student doing simple homework. Got it.

>Why so people use laptops lmao
>>>reddit

No, retard.

It's me, Richard M. Stall-my-os-man

I wanna teach how to do basic shit like virtualization to a few people

So I need a real OS, not Android. I need an actual laptop for it. I sure as hell don't like people getting into my house.

To do presentation or writing minutes in meeting with client.

You can type 100+ WPM on a phone keyboard?

not all of us spend all our time in our bedrooms lad

So, you still need to use a PC. Congrats Jethro, you answered your own question.

>Beyond
>major tasks
>what is the actual fucking need of a pc/laptop?

>Doesn't require a desk, chair, keyboard, mouse, and monitor, and thus effectively are cheaper and take up less space than desktops
>Superior for doing tasks requiring a lot of typing or accounting such as doing taxes or writing emails
>Legacy support
>Useful for management of phones/tablets

???

Laptop use is still normie tier as much as you want to meme that it's not. I think some memes like ATX format desktops honestly deserve to die but tablets are a complementary technology no matter how many memes Steve Jobs spread about us living in a post-pc world.

I do IT for small/medium businesses and frequently I replace most of their computers with touchscreen computers. Still usually one computer per location will be a traditional desktop because it's simply the most practical machine for doing typical office work. Desktops/laptops being in their death throes is a massive meme.

>computers are only used for video editing and gayming
Android phones and tablets are fucking toys.

If you're serious about the "I'm going to replace everything with one device" meme, get a smartphone, and get a surface with type cover. It is the closest thing you will get to one device that replaces every other computing device although I'd still probably take a laptop + phone over this setup.

I don't think anybody seriously wants to do their taxes and write 1000 word emails on a fucking 5.5" android phone with no keyboard unless they're autistic about proving they're in a post-pc world unlike those fuckin luddites.

Nothing's stopping you from having a smartphone with a keyboard, my last two have had them.

Top kek, no. I will admit I can type faster on a touchscreen keyboard than on a physical phone keyboard, but I prefer to not have to type on a feedbackless glass slate so I'll gladly take the ~10wpm reduction in speed

I knew a kid in HS who would type up your essay on his iPod touch for a dollar

Show me that you can get 130wpm with your thumbs then. I'll be waiting.