Since Newegg is a scam now, where do you go to buy hardware? I've just been hitting up Amazon, myself

Since Newegg is a scam now, where do you go to buy hardware? I've just been hitting up Amazon, myself.

Other urls found in this thread:

majorgeeks.com/files/details/memtestcl.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Quite a number of sites. Komplett, Dustin, Digital Impuls, Proshop. There used to be other stores and sites too, but like most things these days, the big just got bigger, and the smaller shops went away.

how is newegg a scam?

OP pic is what happens if you try to return a motherboard or CPU. they'll jam a fucking screwdriver into it and send it back claiming bent pins.

I had this happen to me personally a few years ago. Just do a search for "bent pins newegg" on any search engine. Hell even reddit alone gets dozens of results.

Also every single graphics card I've bought from them since the radeon 5770 has had hardware problems. I really should've learned my lesson after the first three.

This is why you film your packing and unpacking, if they try to scam you you hit them with a lawsuit with video evidence.

Yep that's what I tell everyone i know to do now.

How much do you guys wanna bet that newegg mines bitcoins with the GPU's and then repacks them

Shit would not surprise me. Right now i'm chugging along with an R9 380 i bought as a gap-filler until Vega but it randomly crashes in every single game. I might go a whole day without crashing, or i might go five minutes. It's fairly ridiculous.

Product "Testing"

that would explain why people complain about such things in USA
I got 390 from Netherlands, it's pretty much perfect

DDU and clean driver install should fix that.

It's great while it's working. It MAY actually be my RAM. I'm running memtest right now and it threw up some errors at me.

Still doesn't excuse the last 4 cards that just blew the fuck up on me.

That doesn't work.

that's why you buy it in actual store that let's you open package and check the pins,caps and general condition before finalizing the purchase

It is? I just picked up a PC case on there for 30% off what I was going to pay

Well I've never heard of a DOA case so I think you're safe.

What fucking store lets you open the thing up before buying? I have never heard of any type of store that allows this.

A lot of them. Just ask. I used do this in sporting goods stores all the time for various bicycle accessories.

No shit, I didn't know the scamming was jewing RMAers

Well they're not going to advertise it

actually a lot do, atleast in europe they let you open the package, check the stuff and if you see something damaged they return it while you only pay shipping fee

Any way to test video ram?

run benchmarks for a few hours

majorgeeks.com/files/details/memtestcl.html

Isn't there something like memtest86 for vram?

microcenter, great return policy and their prices are generally better than newegg, especially for Intel and AMD CPUs

Protip: If the store won't let you open it before buying, you can finish the purchase, then ask to speak with the manager. Once he or she is paying attention to you, explain that you're going to open up the product in the store and check for any defects. That way, if the pins are bent, or whatever, then the manager is standing right there, and saw you open the product right in front of them. They should let you exchange immediately if there's a problem.

Alternatively, just go somewhere else.

>2016.97
>not buying all your hardware directly from Russian carders
Man, it's almost like you WANT to stay poor.

>tfw AMD boards don't have this problem

however we have another problem:
PGA and it's pins.
thankfully you can get an old athlon, de-solder the pins and re-solder them to the new CPU.

>de-solder the pins and re-solder them to the new CPU.

I don't have a spare month of time and the motor skills to solder that small.

Mining is harmless. I've been running my card 100% mining for the last 2 months, as long as it's

Why would you even buy components from Newegg anyway?
>CPU + motherboard
Microcenter
>GPU
B&H or Amazon
>Drives and memory
Amazon
Only things worth getting at Newegg are cases, coolers, and fans.

as much as I like to hear from another dane, m8 I think he wants to hear from the US market

What about in Europe where do people order hardware from?

Used to use TigerDirect. Then, Newegg. Now I use Amazon for everything. I don't trust anyone else. Too much of a hassle.

Anything else I buy from reputable companies. Google, Microsoft, Apple, etc. directly.

TigerDirect had an amazing layout. It was really easy to see the information you needed to see. Newegg isn't that good, but Amazon is awful in this regard. They're really not designed for this type of stuff, but they're still worth it.

Speaking of this... Anyone use Jet.com? What's it about? I heard of people getting great deals from them, but it seems too good to be true. Is it just used stuff?

What user said here: That is northern Europe.

Microcenter is God tier

I love that place a lot but the only one closet to me is fucking 3 hours away.

Fuck that shit

Amazon always, because if you have even a minor issue with a piece of hardware they will ship you out a new one immediately and you just have to send back the other part within 30 days, so you never have to go without a computer for a week+ waiting for RMA just because the PSU fan rattles a bit or whatever.
No other online store will do that.

....So? Isn't that a good thing? It would get to your house in like a day.

We don't have dedicated computer hardware shops, just general electronics warehouses featureing everything from washing machine to mainboard where the most shilled shit gets sold.

Why does the americans and koreans always get the good shit?

My local store opens up the motherboard and forces you to check the pins, and once you've given the OK, they stick a custom warranty sticker on the motherboard.

If you opt to buy OEM motherboards that come bagged in large boxes they even run your CPU to make sure it posts.

I ordered everything for my PC off newegg and it has been working just fine

Where fampai?

What the fuck does this dumb shit even mean?

That's honestly pretty rad.

I bought some Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD's off Jet back in Jan or Feb for $100 a pop. It's legit or at least was in my case.

Then just use nvidia cards since they suck so bad at mining lmao
hello newegg employee!

I always use Amazon nowadays for anything tech related. Their return policy is literally the best.

It also costs 50%-100% more than newegg.

I use Amazon for more than electronics. Picked up brake pads, rotors, shocks, and more brake car related stuff off them too. I even returned a ton of car parts too no hassle.

Hello Norway.

I'm still surprised how komplett.no delivers the next day. cdon.no and digital impuls are good too.

>not sending in you mobo with the cpu protection cap it comes with

you deserve it

>they return it while you only pay shipping fee
wait, if youre opening the package in the store, what shipping are you paying for, dont they just give you another package, or that broken piece from aniother package, and deal with the distributer themselves???

Not for me in the UK, bud. Cheapest most of the time.

>buying garbage brake discs from random manfacturers
but y tho

A chain of specialty stores in Taiwan called CoolPC, they sell mainstream to server grade hardware, I often go there to pick up OEM versions of the Asus H110M-K for clients.

Just so you know, I received a Z170 motherboard from Amazon last week with three bent pins.

I fixed them. It works. You can't blanket safety any one vendor.

I bought the same brands as were available from any tires plus or grease shop in the area. You do know for example almost every single tire including Japanese tires are made in China right? Cooper I think is the only domestic made tire you can buy the rest are tractor tires (domestically made).

>not buying OEM brake discs
Why would you do that to yourself? It's like you're asking for cracks and thickness variation.
>You do know for example almost every single tire including Japanese tires are made in China right?
Haha, no. BFFuckwich, Goodyear, Dunlop, General(ly garbage). They all make their tires in America, at least for the American market. What's the relevance, though? I was talking about brake discs.

am i retarde or bent pins on a fraking mobo mean it had a cpu in it before?

so they are selling used goods as new?

i cant imagine a cpu pin bent due to shipping, if its just on the little matchbox packaging, but you would have to smash or perforate the cardboard right above the slot in the mobo box

Nigga Japan makes a shitload of tires the fuck you talking about?

This, a quick check of Uk vendors on PCPartPicker usually shows Amazon as cheapest. If they aren't, then they still have the best return policy bat none.

Bridgestone tires are made in Taiwan/Japan

Continental tires are made in Malaysia/Portugal/Czech/France/Germany(special spec)

Dunlop tires are made in Indonesia/Japan

Federal tires are made in Taiwan

Goodyear tires are made in Taiwan/Gemany/China

Hankook tires are made in Korea

Michelin tires are made in Thailand/China/France(special spec)

Maxxis tires are made in Taiwan/China

Nankang tires are made in Taiwan

Toyo Tires are made in Japan

You can buy OEM rotors and parts off Amazon.

You can buy things they tell you are OEM. Amazon is full of fake shit.

Yeah, but you have to love in fucking Taiwan to take advantage of that.

they are owned by chinks.

gpu mining is long dead

you can still bend them after the recording, how is that any valuable evidence

Yeah, I'm lucky that I live maybe 20 minutes from a microcenter, and it's pretty close to my work.

Found the inbred everybody!

In Hungary if you don't like the thing you bought on the internet, you have 10 workdays to send it back in it's original packaging. You don't even have to say anything, just notify the webshop that you don't like the thing and they refund you fully.
God I love that we have proper consumer-protection enforcing laws.

>ctrl+f skinflint
>no skinflint

Fucking casuals

mindfactory

>amazon
>newegg
might as well give your money directly to the botnet

>I really should've learned my lesson after the first three.
Don't worry, it's not your fault. It's just that the jewish marketing mind control tricks are so powerful that they override your own common sense and force you to keep falling for their scam tactics.

People continue using winodws 10 despite complaining constantly about it, too

Similar law in the uk

>You must offer a refund to customers if they’ve told you within 14 days of receiving their goods that they want to cancel. They have another 14 days to return the goods once they’ve told you.

>You must refund the customer within 14 days of receiving the goods back. They don’t have to provide a reason.

I don't know about yours, but the one in Tustin, CA is shit
>Likes to mark up their prices relative to other Micro Center stores
>Tries to tac on shipping fees for price matching
>The BYOPC department is pretty lazy, which I wouldn't care too much with the exception that most hardware is locked away or in the back
>The store owner/manager thinks he's some tech whiz and will try to troubleshoot laptop warranties instead of replacing them

The only reason I shop their is because they're convenient and there's no equivalent.

>might as well give your money directly to the botnet
Does anyone here actually know what a fucking botnet is?

Houston is good

Microcenter price matches to Newegg and most websites and has a ridiculously good return policy.

Film yourself putting it in the box and shipping it back, making sure to get a good shot of the pins.

>Still doesn't excuse the last 4 cards that just blew the fuck up on me.

Implying its not your stupidity....

Jet is an online retailer, and was recently purchased by walmart, one of their key features is the discounts for new members. If its your first time buying from them, you can often get 20% off your purchase, so it may be worth looking at. Day to day purchases wont be any cheaper than amazon, though.

Doesn't everyone in Taiwan know how to build their own comptuers? I mean, Asians and its also the land where much of this is built.

This is truly BS what's the point of having open borders if no one is gonna sell across the border. Why can't a store from any EU country ship to another EU country?

>What fucking store lets you open the thing up before buying? I have never heard of any type of store that allows this.

Usually you have to buy the item first, then open it there and if anything is bad, they usually offer a full no questions refund.

They can and they do. I buy shit all over the EU all the time and get it send to where I live.

What store?

Most of the websites I land on don't even give you the option to choose all of the states. When I was looking for a Motorola phone I had to order from Amazon France the sellers from the UK and DE one wouldn't ship to my state.

They can though and they do. I've bought shit from other countries, mostly from Germany and the UK though.

Thats a pretty easy fix OP.

How come pc part picker always shows a completely wrong price for Newegg? Every time I've double checked they have the wrong price listed and Newegg is usually the same price as Amazon and B&H

user please, even if you are 12 I'm still not your google or ddg, learn to search things yourself.

I just search what I want and order from a store that has the best price + lowest shipping fees. Some stores don't sell to some countries because of tax reasons or if they have had too many returns from some place without any real reason.

Shipping fees also are very different from country to country so some don't offer free or economy shipping for that reason. They might still offer you DHL, UPS or other service like that.

I've got things send to me from Liethuania, Greece, France, Germany, UK, Spain, Portugal, Sweden, Croatia, Italy and many other places I don't even remember. So obviously you are doing something wrong.

Based Microcenter
I actually had one of the guys tell me to check the pins once

>buy snowball mic
>pay extra because I want the aluminum one
>get it
>its fucking plastic painted to look like aluminum
>try to return it
>get told "no returns"
>explain to them it was false advertisement and a rep earlier told me I could have an exception and theyd even pay return shipping
>rep argues with me
>caves and asks if I want an exception
>He then backpedals for, seriously, over an hour
>at one point he looks up the specs and sees the element uses neodymium
>tells me "I see here the mic is made of neodymium which is actually an upgraded form of aluminum and so the description is correct"
>explain to him that I know what the fuck neodymium is and its not fucking aluminum and is infact a completely different element
>couple hours later the return is set up
>they refused to give me my money back and only offered store credit
>accept
>ask about the return label
>my internet magically goes out
>comes back on shorty after the chat window auto-disconnects from the server
>mfw I think they actually ddosed me to get out of paying more stuff

>go right back into he chat
>spend over an hour waiting on a rep to join
>different rep joins and says their server had an issue
>my internet was the one that went out, nothing else loaded
>round2.jpg
>go through the exact same shit
>explain what elements are
>finally get my fucking label that I was promised before this shit even shipped.
Technically this is work, federal law says you cant do work for free. They owe me several hours pay.

Ive also seen them change items to nonreturnable randomly.

No, a lot of them buy laptops because it's hassle-free, and then there are retards that buy a Core i7 6700 and then buy a fucking GTX 950, or an i5-6400 and then buy an Z170 motherboard.

pfft. No it doesn't. The price difference varies wildly some times amazon is 50% cheaper, some times it is 5% more, some times 50% more. Some times some seller on amazon has the same shit for like 20 times more. There is literally no consistency.

Kinda off topic, but.
Is ANYTHING techy (I am not dreaming of a working PC) made completely in Japan or USA?

And this is why you pay with a credit card and capture whenever a rep says they will make an exception.