I bought a Macbook Pro 15" 2016 mode. Here are my honest thoughtsl

Here is my experience:
>5 hour battery life for 2 days (indexing)
>Now hit between 11-14 hours (never use more than 7 and it still estimates within that 11-14 hour range after that)
>Rarely use touch bar
>esc key works well for vim, you dont have to press it, but nearby works
>love the screen resolution
>speakers are loud fuckers
>good trackpad
>i dont connect any shit up to it as I have a riced out 2013 MBP 15" which I use to connect all my shit to
>Overall good programming computer
>Used student discount (I am a student so it was cheaper.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4vt-dtHd3ks
youtube.com/watch?v=1DGU9lV6H4I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

awesome! thanks for sharing!

kek your welcome

this is a good thread user.

Thanks for an actually good, technology related thread. Nice to hear that the ESC key works well for Vim, was a bit concerned about that. Going to second the student discount, just bring someone with you who has it is. It's worth literally $100s.

>four replies
>No shitposting
Are you a wizard

No problem. The touch bar takes some time to get used to. Even though the esc key is top left of the TB I still look down for it thinking I need to actually physically click the esc key. It messes my work flow up a little bit but I'm starting to slowly get used to it. Other than ooo'ing and ahh'ing people with the TB it serves no purpose for me.

The resolution is the same as in the old models but it uses the "looks like 1680x1050" scale option by default. Does it look the same as in the old model, as in slightly blurry if you look closely, or is it better?

I'll take a picture for comparison... gimme a few

This is a really good review user. Do you have a site we can visit to see more about your MacBook adventures?

i have to check the url few times to see am i still in Sup Forums or not

*Sigh* Since nobody has posted this yet...
>t. mactoddler

Fuck you. You ruined our quality thread. Just, fuck you.

user you fucking ruined it

FUCK OFF YOU SHITLORD

Sorry for the shitty quality, terrible lighting.

But honestly I can't really between screens. The 2016 version has a brighter screen but text wise I can't really see a difference.

well, you've given your money to people who don't respect your freedom, congrats

Yeah that was p. much what I expected, but thanks for taking the time. Neat that they made the bezel smaller.

I like how the bezels have become smaller.
Not that you are going to use them that much, but are the arrow keycaps uncomfortable to use?

Post timestamp bitch.
Also the 2016's keyboard are really fucking shitty to be honest, I would've prefer the scissors than pressing a button that feels like it would break if you apply too much pressure.

I should note about the battery life that I don't do anything intensive on it and keep the screen brightness low & yep no problem.

They are smaller and take some getting used tol, least for me but they're ok

>he doesn't know Shift-Command-4

Smaller isn't the right word for it, here I took a picture for you to see for yourself.

thanks based user.
Just wanted to check how the keyboard has evolved in case for buying a new laptop over next year or something.

Kill yourself nobody gives a shit

No problem. I'm still getting used to it. I mostly stick with my 2013 model.

played any gayms on it?

Nah, haven't attempted to.

But here is a video of someone that has,
youtube.com/watch?v=4vt-dtHd3ks
youtube.com/watch?v=1DGU9lV6H4I (his original)

ITT: Dumb consumers who have to justify dropping 2-3k on a laptop.

If I had to get a new laptop, it would be the p50 with the Xeon and 4k screen. Then I would add a PCIe NVME ssd.
All of this wouldn't cost more that $1700 after EEP discounts, and you'll get a laptop that will blow the new MacBook away, as the cpu is on par with the i7-4770 and the graphics card a gtx 960m.
Just as better built too

You would think that the amount of poor fags on this board would realize MacBook are terrible.

OP here,

I just wanted a toy computer. I have old computers with much, much less specs and use them as my linux machines and they work fine, even if old as shit. They are bulky tanks but whatever. Just wanted something thinner and sleek looking.

I know right, isn't it weird that people who don't have crippling autism exist

>esc key works well for vim
You can do Ctrl + [ anyway

No one cares you autistic fuck

consumerism makes me sick..

Because Macbooks aren't for powerful you dick, well not anymore. Just for basic tasks, and for some basic coding. Christ I swear not you thinkpadfags are too much sometimes. Not everyone wants the most powerful computer that they can get their hands on. This concept is so simple, and is why Apple still is the king of every other company.

>Because Macbooks aren't for powerful you dick, well not anymore. Just for basic tasks, and for some basic coding
then why does it cost more than $300?

I'm kind of thinking this. I buy the cheapest thing which will get the job done.

It comes in a pretty case. Find me a non-apple laptop that even comes close to the aesthetics of a macbook.

Does it have any coil whine? Seems like all Skylake machines have some to an extent, I was wondering how the new macbooks are hodling up? How about fan noise, have you been able to ramp it up?

xps 13/15

it's why some people buy telsas instead of a prius

ASUS UX line

does not justify they price, I agree that a good screen and a good battery life are mandatory but that does not add up to $1700.

haven't experienced any coil whine and haven't done anything intensive to heat it up. the most i do is program on it. i use it as a toy & study computer while i do all my heavy shit on my older MBP.

> bezel around screen become smaller
> bezel around keyboard become larger

FUGGING EBBLE :DD

Because just loves to use the most expensive SSD that there are on the market.

I'd buy a Tesla since it has lots of advantages over a Prius.

I wouldn't buy a macbook since it has very few advantages over the average laptop, it doesn't have exceptional battery life or a 10/10 keyboard anymore.

I get better than advertised battery life see and I actually prefer programming on the newer MBP than my older one, but I get the keyboard isn't for everyone.

same opinon, not finished indexing yet so currently 3 hours remaining. But im wondering about eclipse, when scrolling up and down its very "slow", any way to fix this? works great on everything else.

that touchpad compared to the new one is fucking incredible.

The old one looks retarded compared

my mind can't decide which touchpad is shooped

/thread

>I'm a communist poor fag who's mad because someone else wanting something and bought it.
BTFO

Perhaps a blog of some sort?

Yeah user.
make something like that with an honest review of it that is actually based on true experiences for the average consumer, which just doesn't depict it as ''Muh USB-A! Ew dongles!''