What do you use to manage your passwords?

What do you use to manage your passwords?

brain

>tfw to intelligent to remember passwords

I membah

In a txt file in a Truecrypt container. And on paper.

But I dont write down entire passwords.

I still use LastPass but been trying to switch over to KeePass. Its hard to give up convenience over security.

brain

keepass 2

KeePassX

Encrypted text file

Obviously the standard Unix password manager.

That's literally what everyone here uses since it's a tech board, anybody saying anything else is trolling (some might just be stupid I guess)

Tsubame Notebook

I'm retarded, why is KeePass > LastPass?

CommonSense Memory 2016

.txt notepad

With a password manager.

Keepassx.
Just about every entry is a random 16 to 32 character string, I can't be bothered to remember shit.

LastPass is proprietary

keepassx for some, pass for others.

my good ol rooty tooty noggin

Firefox master password, its synced with account, then encrypted (you have to decrypt it every time you open ff)

Yeah dude, there are agents just waiting to break into your home and go through all your notebooks looking for a password to YouTube. Get over yourself.

passwordstore.org

keepassxc because keepassx's maintainers haven't been very active and this one has a bunch of bugfixes and a few new features. Most important for me is that it will integrate with Firefox on Linux using a Firefox extension that didn't work with keepassx

I'm fine with pass.

Notepad file I keep in onedrive

I use Keepass but I donwloaded the Keeweb client because of the nicer interface.

paper

good luck hacking this

I generate a random password and do a password reset every time.

"pass", the standard unix gpg-encrypted password store

KeePass vs Standard Unix Password Manager?

I think KeePass seems like a better choice for convenience and is easier to keep track of, but maybe I'm wrong

No, but there are asshole friends who will log into your shit to shitpost. In fact, anyone who wouldn't clearly isn't a very close friend.

A select set of key permutations that are dictated by their use, but in no way that would be understood to anyone with the exception of myself. That way I can jot down a single word for a device and know the 30+ digit password.

Then due to company policy for some of these places I create a second account, open up their very insecure password retention system and jot down - P@ssw0rd - Because fuck them.

both are pretty good, using the latter now but the former is fine.

and if you need a gui, there is that option with pass. just easier to type it out.

Right. But how will your friends know in which notebook to check and on what page?