Hiro has said each board can have one meta thread a time. How can Sup Forums be improved? OS flags would be a start

Hiro has said each board can have one meta thread a time. How can Sup Forums be improved? OS flags would be a start.

ban anti-apple posters

we make a dedicated linux board and make all linuxfags/freetards fuck off to there.

banning phoneposters

Ban girls

seconding this, it would improve the board significantly.

Linux is technology, better than phones and watches and other consumer shit.

Since the ptg is very active atm I'd suggest really enforcing its migration to /t/. Same goes for any torrent thread not concerned with the torrent protocol or related technologies itself.

Also move the watch thread to /fa/.

Reduce generals in general.

so is consumer shit, you god damn retard. what is your fucking point?

Sup Forums is not your personal consumer recommendation website nor is it your personal tech support, read the sticky.

>OS flags
hooly shit that would be hilarious

also, let's train a neural net to recognize the desktop images of that one fag who still posts, "is this the new desktop thread?"

rude

Remove RMS and ban "install gentoo"
Shit on the floor
Lets get darwin

why don't you put up an actual argument, you daft cunt. the reason I want you clowns gone is cause all you do is bitch and whine that this isn't your personal linux board. face it, it would be better off for both parties. consumer electronics are technology too, fucking get over it already.

/sqt/ rolling sticky that only shows the last 1000 posts.

I want OS flags to happen now

No, they're not technology. Keep your fag watches and shitty phones off Sup Forums. God you normalfags are the worst.

Ban tripfags and shills.

Bring back desktop threads.

do you just evade bans by changing your IP?

they dont ban pass users baka

also

>b-but m-muh sticky

you fags are a literal hivemind regurgitating the exact same responses to substitute for what poor argumentative skills you have. it's fucking laughable.

You should give source. Dear friend.

>Technology ("science of craft", from Greek τέχνη, techne, "art, skill, cunning of hand"; and -λογία, -logia) is the collection of techniques, skills, methods and processes used in the production of goods or services or in the accomplishment of objectives, such as scientific investigation.

linux isn't technology and doesn't belong on Sup Forums. get fucked, neckbeard.

god damn hiro's a fucking fag

country flags and threads IDs

permaban kids asking for career/job advice

1 month ban for tech support threads

I want a /prog/ board so bad.

Not that dude but his (valid) point was that the linux threads usually actually discuss the Linux/Unix technologies. The smartphone/headphone etc. threads rarely discuss the technology behind them and are full of shilling. Also, as the other guy said they are basically violating the rules of Sup Forums.

Irrespective of that I'd recommend banning people show use more than 2 insults in any post. Should keep the underage fags at bay somewhat maybe.

country flags are always a bad idea, since every board with them turns into Sup Forums 2.0

and software threads aren't full of shilling as well? fuck, you could open just about any thread on Sup Forums and probably find at least one person shilling for something. people tend to have differing opinions about different products and software. having discussion isn't a fucking rule violation.

>Irrespective of that I'd recommend banning people show use more than 2 insults in any post.
This could just result in a horrible kind of le epic irony, though.

Instead of
>you nigger faggot woman
it would be
>I bet ur really smart :^)

That last one would just be banned anyways for shitposting. Mods need to start blocking IPs from phones.

There is a difference between occasional shilling going on and threads dedicated to them.

I will not engage in further discussion though since you're either trolling or retarded, the way you're throwing cursed around.

>Irrespective of that I'd recommend banning people show use more than 2 insults in any post.

you would literally be turning this site into reddit in the process. take a minute to really think that through for a second.

Either he's a kid off from middle school or a troll. Either way, stop replying to him.

>I'm losing this argument so I won't respond further

you really sound like you need a safe space. I don't think this site is for you. perhaps reddit is probably more your speed.

user, this site already is reddit. Phone IPs need to be blocked more than ever.

Linux may be technology, but freetards are Sup Forums about it. When it becomes your identity and must be defended at all costs, you no longer belong on a board dedicated to the discussion of technology, since you have nothing of value to contribute.

>freetards are Sup Forums about it
Good, defending your board against muslims (consumers and normalfags) is what should be happening. This board does not need to become another Sup Forums, fuck those subhumans.

Make it text only.

This will destroy all problems instantly.

>defending your board against muslims

consumers and normalfags are basically muslims. They invade and start demanding everything be done their way while destroying the original established culture.

lol you are poor

>This board does not need to become another Sup Forums, fuck those subhumans.

you can't stop people from discussing technology on the fucking technology board. face it, technology IS consumerism. give me one (1) genuine reason why a linux board split would be a bad idea.

Nobody ever wanted consumer trash here. It invites the worst of reddit and Sup Forums over to here. Years ago, consumer shit would have been shitposted to high hell, it was never accepted here before.

>give me one (1) genuine reason why a linux board split would be a bad idea.
Confusion about where does programming go.

For example, neural networks almost imply linux. If you're trying out nn on windows, you're doing just that - trying out.

We'd have tards going
>you want a computer to run linux on it? go to /gl/
>phone with android? /gl/

Why not just make a consumer board.

Make /cons/umer to get rid of phone, laptop, headphones, keyboards and other equally inane threads.

ban anybody who hasn't installed gentoo

How about this:
>/hard/ - gpus, laptops, headphones, boners, keyboards, phones
>/soft/ - GNU/Linux, windows, macs, traps, programming

>technology IS consumerism

No it isn't. Buying something isn't inherently consumerist.

why are freetards so defensive of their home territory? don't you realize that naturally people will gravitate toward the TECHNOLOGY board for consumer related topics? it would be better to split linux from Sup Forums.

only allow webm format

rewrite everything in haskell

install gentoo on Sup Forums servers

ban non-anime boards

>Confusion about where does programming go.

that's a genuine concern that I can completely understand. as others have stated earlier in the thread, a /prog/ board wouldn't be such a bad idea either.

You'd have good threads like server hardware on a board filled with retards and they would not be able to get any good discussion going on. You forget that the user base changes depending on the board.

You want to focus all the good quality threads on one board and all the consumer basic tech on its own containment board.

>hey /hard/ can you help me with some hardware issues with (software)
>get banned
>hey /soft/ can you help me with some (hardware) issues with software
>get banned

you didn't respond to any of my points, just further expressed why you don't like consumer trash. just fuck off.

I use Macs and have an iPhone, I don't dislike consumer technology. I hate the user base that goes on Sup Forums to talk about consumer products.

>I don't dislike consumer technology. I hate the user base that goes on Sup Forums to talk about consumer products.

I can understand that, but since it's clear that removing them can't be a solution, a best alternative would be to move more valued topics (essentially everything that's not consumer threads) someplace else, and leave Sup Forums the way it is, as clearly it can't be fixed.

>a /prog/ board wouldn't be such a bad idea either
We had one. For a while, it was the best board on Sup Forums, by a large margin.
Moot killed it off.

Some crossboarding always happens. Like when Sup Forums is too normie and consolebabby to understand GPUs.
Server hardware is a rare topic.

Having separate consumer board without a good rename of Sup Forums would lead to all the tech support questions happening on Sup Forums - a much more common occurrence than server hardware/raspberry pi/etc. being discussed.

Yes that could work, I don't care which party has to move.

Yes it can, it just wont be done. All that needs to be done is to enforce the rules as people only come here to start those threads if they basically want advice.

And take "battlestation" threads to /soc/ since it's just lifestyle camwhoring.

Text boards.

The answer is always text boards when it comes to these things.

They're so small that bandwidth is essentially free, so if you "replaced" Sup Forums with a few text boards you'd probably still be using less bandwidth.

Would also remove all the cancerous aspects of troublesome posters like idiots with Pepe reaction images in the OP and phone posters taking pictures of the computer screen to ask for advice.

ban all general threads like mkg / hpg /watch/pcbg
every fucking consumer or techsupport general, just make a fucking containment board for consumerware and Sup Forums can be great again.

>Yes it can, it just wont be done.

and with good reason. you can't suddenly ban technology on the technology board. do you realize what a shitwar that would cause?

None at all, when they moved wrestling to /asp/ that didn't cause a shitwar like everyone had predicted, they just adapted to the new board.

>Moot killed it off.
Why the fuck did moot kill it again?

Not enough posters, as text boards meant you couldn't post pepes or meme anime girls in OP.
Didn't stop some shitposters from ruining the slow-moving board with bad memes such as per-thread number gets.

Because he's a faggot.

The text boards weren't hurting anyone and seeing as their tiny size and simplicity meant that they impacted neither the bandwidth cost nor the developer's time, I can't see why he thought they had to go.

But Sup Forums IS the Stallman board. If there was a NEW linux board by another name, the shills and trolls would just migrate there. They exist to shill and troll. Nobody who's into the tech aspect of computing gives a shit about windows or macs.

You should be banned from Sup Forums as well. This is not your tech support.

I believe the developer got a job and stopped maintaining them

Wrestfags effectively killed /asp/. Maybe we should move consumer shit to some small niche board you care about. That'll solve everything.

Because it was same shit as any other board here. As a bonus mods or janitors didn't exist there, it was slow as molasses and shitposting was rampart. It's more likely that the text-board feature just went unmaintained and when moot faced decision to update the codebase or kill it, he said fuck it and removed it all.

GENERALD
E
N
E
R
A
L
S

How about we create a gaymen board to rid Sup Forums of cancer like you? Oh wait, it exists!

>killed /asp/
it was a stupid board anyway, only weirdos do alt sports

>do
That was the point. /asp/ was full of people who actually practiced sports.
Now it's a bunch of people who watch tv, just like Sup Forums or Sup Forums. If the wrestfags were so unbearable (they are) the logical solution would be to give them their on containment board, like /mlp/, not give them control over a small and already occupied comfy board.

Worst decision ever.

Ban meta threads.

Hiro said meta threads are fine as long as only one gets made.

train a neural network to detect anime cancer and ban these "man" children for a month

We should replace mods with neural networks.
Only then we can have true technology.

Indeed, even more OS shit-flinging would be a start.