Just bought this did i fuck up Sup Forums ?

just bought this did i fuck up Sup Forums ?

Other urls found in this thread:

alibaba.com/product-detail/All-New-MSI-GeForce-GTX-1080_50022405309.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yeah, that's the counterfeit one. Do you have a receipt?

Nope have 1070 version. Goat card

>counterfeit
explain

Brah, that box is a fake. Did you get it on Craigslist?

no, eBay how is the box fake?

He's seen quite a few boxes in his day

is he shitposting? it was 80 dollars under MSRP so it could be a chink fishhook company

Dude, check the serial number on the GPU backplate. I hope for you it's not one of those copy ones.

This. If the number begins with anything other than 416, it's a fake.

i received mine few weeks a ago, inside was some shitty copy made in Taiwan, with samsung ram.

where did you buy from?

im looking at different images of the box they all look the same

Any benchmarks? Kinda curious how shit is.

It's an obvious fake. Look how blurry the picture is. Does it have the hologram serial number on the bottom of the box?

where the fuck would i go to buy a non fake one. i dont have the box because i just fucking ordered it

Have the ASUS 1070 FE. Shit is legit The gif artifacing wasn't that has been happening for a while. Think it's gone now, though.

The thing is normally 680$ and you didn't question why you got it for 80$? Are you for real?

Fuck, is the hologram on the unit?

He said 80$ UNDER MSRP.

get your money back

HOLY SHIT

Looks like your christmas is ruined

hahahahaha
i paid 6 bills for it roughly 80 dollars cheaper im a retard not knowing what msrp means

They put the graphics card in the box so that maybe you were stupid enough to just THINK that it was the real thing and not get a refund.

Bragging to your friends about having a new GTX1080 and it's some janky shit from chinkland.

should i refund????

>people would rather get scammed into buying fake chinese shit rather than buying AMD

How dead is AMD friends?

When you ask Sup Forums 480RX is the most sold card of 2016 and Zen is going to be great.

If you ask me for a wake up reality call Vega, at least 480RX was a pile of shit that was running too hot while having no oc capability and selling 4-6 times less units than 1060, 1070 or even 1080. As for Zen I wanna go for AMD cpu/Nvidia gpu route but at this point it's all speculation and know Intel/Nvidia monopoly Zen's performance in HT supporting gaymes will be butchered.

what do you think

If Zen was good they'd have released it already. All this waiting is literally shopping for a release window with the maximum amount of impact without being too embarrassing.

fugg thanks for the heads up i just wanted the fastest 1080 at a reasonable price

to quote Confucius:
Good thing no cheap, cheap thing no good.

ye refund and enjoy your free chink copy

>not a single Nvidia logo anywhere
>being this dumb and stupid

ALL THE BOXES LOOK THE SAME REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Is there a hologram with the serial number on the box? If not, it's fake.

How would I find that out I don't have the box on me and I can't refund for 2 days

Boxes are so easy to copy nowadays, i bought a fingerbox from china. It was fake.

Anytime you purchase something from China you need to ask yourself:
It's cheaper from China ebay because?

If you can't find a single fucking reason it's because it's a scam.

I didn't purchase it from China though

Where did you purchase it from?

>Insert 3rd world shithole here

post link to seller, we can tracert him to china

alibaba.com/product-detail/All-New-MSI-GeForce-GTX-1080_50022405309.html

>Bangladesh
>buy 2 get 1 free
Seems legit guys. Gonna buy everyone a GTX 1080 for Christmas now.

eBay
He goes by the name thetonezone

>thetonezone

Seems legit

This thread has me wondering about a hologram sticker.
I purchased a Zotac AMP! Edition through NewEgg (shipped and sold by,) but there isn't a hologram sticker anywhere on the box (outer box or the inner one which housed the card.)

All the information on the sticker on the bottom of the outer box matched the information directly from the Zotac website. The box looks the same as unboxing videos I've seen on youtube, and on the Zotac website.

...Anyway, WHAT HOLOGRAM STICKER?!

That website is obviously a gigantic red flag
It could be a 1 in 10000 type situation
He has over 300 positive feedback

Guys from newegg collect those stickers, report them to customer service if you haven't received it

>It could be a 1 in 10000 type situation
MSI afterburner reports the correct information, Speccy too, the Zotac tool (FireStorm) can control the LEDs and shit, so I'm pretty sure it's a legit card.
It's also faster than the 760 I upgraded from.
Comments in the thread just made me a bit paranoid.

Put GPU in system.
Run benchmarks.

If it's fake it'll be slow as dogshit.

>He has over 300 positive feedback
Selling 'guitar' shit.
Do above when you receive it. If it checks out. Congratz you didn't get scammed.

Seems legit

He says he bought it straight from zotac

Oh, well if he said it's true then it must be.

I asked him about the hologram sticker And he said yes as well. I'm inclined to take his word as seoneone who uses eBay as a second job over some random shitposter on the chonz

>trying to save 80 bucks on a high end part by risking a counterfeit product

Should have got a genuine 1070 faggot.

>I'm inclined to take his word as seoneone who uses eBay as a second job over some random shitposter on the chonz
One of those people want your money.
One of those people want you to make sure you properly spend your money.

You choose.

So, it has a different cooler. What's the big deal?

I really don't think it's counterfeit I'll take my chances

Uh, yeah? So just because it has a brown PCB you think it's fake?

warranty is worth 80 dollars more

this thread

OP got FUCKED

how?

is this pasta??
i mean this whole thread?

you are all fucking faggots as I post in a bait and shit post thread.

f
u
c
k

y
o
u

a
l
l

So which is it:

You think somebody took an $80 loss just so you can get a good deal?

You think that there is such an excess of brand new technology around the holidays that they can just give that shit away at a discount?