What is the best language to pick up as a beginner?

What is the best language to pick up as a beginner?

Other urls found in this thread:

lazarus-ide.org/
emojicode.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

English.

if you literally know nothing about programming or its concepts just hop into python or some other baby shit. you're looking for something very readable right off the bat so you can just focus on basic ideas. Once you get down basic shit like functions, arrays, flow control, etc, you should go straight to something like C. I say C specifically because it's very small and concise. Where C++ or java use large standard and external libraries, C has a small one and you'll write a lot of your own libraries, this is a great learning experience. Once you're comfortable C (can handle pointers and shit intuitively) take a spin with assembly. I'm not saying to REALLY go hard in it and make serious stuff, but just take a good look and make some basic shit so you get a better idea of what happens at low levels. From here just go to whatever sounds interesting to you, C++ and java, lisp, go back to python and flesh out your knowledge, whatever seems interesting.

Just make lots of stuff, consume lots of information, trust Sup Forums only occasionally, and just try -- it's not hard.

Depends what you want to program for. If you want to just get started though I would recommend c++ if you can learn c++ most other languages will be pretty easy to pick up. Language isn't as important as algorithm knowledge and some math knowledge though since those translate across languages.

thank you for your advice. I really appreciate it.

Javascript, not even memeing

here,
while I recommend C over C++ just for being more bare bones (that might make your life harder due to the lack of features, but you'll be able to focus more deeply on what tools you do have) this user is totally correct about algorithmic knowledge and general abstract programming concepts being the most important thing. desu if you can draw a correct and detailed flowchart/etc to describe something you want to do then you'll have 0 issue programming anything. Even large problems you'll just break down into small ones that you can handle this way. Language choice isn't a big deal, despite how much we love to argue otherwise. Take C, take C++, take java[script], take fucking whatever, just take something and run with it.

Jesus christ we have this thread 5 times a day.
It's C for basics, then Java or C++ for OOP, then python for comfyness if you want to become a skilled and productive programmer,
Python or JavaScript directly if you don't give a shit and will drop the hobby after a month.

I hear it's python but I know Sup Forums likes to be dicks and make you learn wrong, as a joke

but thats mean!!

Go to bed, Andy.

Go is the only correct answer.

wheels on the bus language

look it up on youtube

Pascal

lazarus-ide.org/

literally doesn't matter what he chooses

emojicode
emojicode.org/

Indeed. I really like Go, though.

Assembly.

Python

Stop with the frogs tyler.

>correct
I think you meant "wrong". Are you ESL?

Assembly

No, are you MOBRAL?

HolyC

literally this

I think this sounds like the best idea, probably learning CSS/HTML first since they're piss easy, and learning JS is quick, visual, and most importantly rewarding. I think C is just too barebones and overwhelming for a beginner