Just got a Blue Yeti

Just got a Blue Yeti.

It's WAY to fucking sensitive. Any way to make it not detect the sounds of me scratching my fucking ass?

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/Dragonpad-pop-filter-Studio-Microphone-Mic-Wind-Screen-Pop-Filter-Swivel-Mount-/281962654716?hash=item41a648abfc:g:elIAAOSwvgdW4yh1
clyp.it/q5ehmfbk
m.imgur.com/gallery/WPJB7
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

return it

Wear sweatpants?

shield

ebay.com/itm/Dragonpad-pop-filter-Studio-Microphone-Mic-Wind-Screen-Pop-Filter-Swivel-Mount-/281962654716?hash=item41a648abfc:g:elIAAOSwvgdW4yh1

It's literally picking up the sounds of my toilet refilling itself from two rooms away.

Then poo in a field like pajeet

Did you try turning down the gain?

Jesus, do you have some gain turned up at 10 in a control panel somewhere?

Mine does this too. My friends on Skype always used to complain that they could hair me taking a piss (Even though both the doors were closed). The solution is to mute the mic. There's even a mute button on the mic itself.

condenser mics are literally a meme, especially usb ones.

i had a blue yeti, i still do and i regret buying it. it's way too sensitive. i bought a modmic and it's perfect for what i need.

unless you have a sound proofed room and do voice work or podcasts, there's no reason to buy one.

modmics are a shit

that's a nice opinion lad but literally everyone i talk to said my modmic sounded twice as clear as my blue yeti :^)

>that's a nice opinion lad but literally everyone i talk to said my modmic sounded twice as clear as my blue yeti :^)

Yeah no

Shut up you wank stain

turn down the gain you imbecile.

Using a pop filter makes a yuuuge difference on my Blue Snowball iCE.

You did something wrong with your blue yeti then.

>Just got a Blue Yeti.
Found your problem, OP.

t. BM800 owning peasant.

I have a buddy who uses a modmic and I wish he would replace it. I honestly don't want to game with him his mic sounds like such shit.

This thing is glorious.

There's a girl that has been part of my nightlies who supposedly has a "600$ headset" my only guess is a pair of senheisers with mod mic, and it is absolute garbage.

Kek.
Looks comfy.

Pretty much, modmics are complete crap, people only buy them because they can't hear how fucking awful they sound through 'em.

Buy a blue snowball or samson when they're cheap on amazon ffs.

Other friend is using his turtle beach back up since his drunk ass broke his senheisers. Sounds 10x better. I bought the bm-800 and the only regret I have is having got a phantom psu instead of an external USB interface with phantom power. Will probably end up snagging a used Scarlett solo some time down the road.

There's a gain switch on the back

I hate playing with people who have turtle beaches or modmics. You can hear yourself talk when they talk cause their mics pic up shit.

Fucking hell.

I'm an idiot.

That fixed it. Also had it set to the wrong shape.

>Scarlett solo
Even a used one is going to end up costing more than a blue yeti when you add the cost of the BM800. Only seems like a good price if you don't take into account all the extra shit you'll need just to get it to work.

The gain switch will only take it down so far, need to reduce it more in the sound properties.

Only problem I've had with that is one friend who has a condenser mic and likes to use his speakers from time to time. It was really common back when I played on consoles, though. It usually doesn't take more than to politely ask then to adjust their volume when it happens to amend the issue. Years ago on x360 a good friend had a headset where the microphone wire would pick up a radio talk show. Was actually kind of funny since he was the only one who couldn't hear it. But it got old fast.

Did you try cardioid mode with gain turned down?

You really took the time to make a thread rather than fuck around with your mic for 5 seconds?

I already have the bm-800 + phantom psu + arm which all cost me just short of 50$. I've seen Scarletts on guitar center as cheap as 30$. Only reason I want one is for the hardware volume control. My mic sounds perfectly fine as is.

Why would you play with your speakers and use a condenser mic? I always use my headphones when I use my mic and my speakers for anything else.

I couldn't tell you to be honest. He's a retarded audiophile and probably has some reason to use his bookshelf monitors over his 800$ headphones. Ambiance or some shit. He also likes to fancy himself a DJ.

wont the sound be upside down?

Use an audio gate you mongloid.

I didn't look t the back, man. I literally just set it up, popped open recording devices, and started listening to it.

While this thread is around, I'm a voiceover artist with an agency and such but should I wish to do my own shit at home, is there any best specific kind of mic for someone with a bass-baritone voice? I feel like a lot of the lower end is lost on microphones.

sikk

A condenser with a warm sound profile. Also want one that can record as low of a frequency as possible. Iirc 10hz is as low as it gets for most products. As far as specific brands / models I can't really help you there, depends a lot on your budget.

Just wait until you've finally got th shitty condenser mic under control.
Then you'll notice the 50 or 60Hz hum from having the usb amp built into it.
Blue microphones. Not even once.

Omnidirectional condenser mics. I bet the one in my webcam is as good as a Blue.

Are you people all singers/musicians here?

Twitch streamer and youtuber

Same. Niggers pay to listen to my baryton

clyp.it/q5ehmfbk

That's actually neat.
Make ASMR video about it.

Most VO people should have at least a 416 lying around because it's such a standard microphone on production. Past that you want something that specifically works well on your voice. Go try a bunch out and see what you like.

TLM-103
U87 (if you have money to burn)
SM7
EV RE20

If you are really convinced that your low end is more important than air and brightness on your vocals then you could try a KMR-81 (I love this mic but less detailed than the 416, which is why I like it)

If you are a God and have the money to spend:
Sennheiser Mkh800
AEA A440 and KU4
Josephson C716

You don't actually need "low frequency response" because that's the world of omnis, and you don't want that.

cute voice

Sup Forums BTFO

it's not a good mic lad

I got one and I regret it also
Its too sensitive where I don't want it to be, not sensitive enough where I need it to me. It sounds like shit recording horns. It sounds like shit recording piano too.

and the way it hijacks your audio settings is fucking annoying. It fucks up my audio interface every single time. I stopped using the blue yeti all together.

are

m.imgur.com/gallery/WPJB7

Why didn't you follow the guide, user?

Distance is death. Close the gap and you can spend chump change on your microphones.