Nobody is talking about the green elephant in the room

Nobody is talking about the green elephant in the room.
>elite club with monthly fee
>game ready drivers behind paywall
>other bullshit like skins for games

Other urls found in this thread:

pcworld.com/article/2993272/software-games/nvidia-plans-to-lock-game-ready-drivers-behind-geforce-experience-registration.html
techpowerup.com/228789/nvidia-to-launch-club-geforce-elite-subscription-based-service-for-usd-10-a-month
anandtech.com/show/9387/amd-radeon-300-series/3
techspot.com/review/1114-vram-comparison-test/page5.html
anandtech.com/bench/product/1714?vs=1720
youtube.com/watch?v=PqgOfR-Oc4U
youtube.com/watch?v=a7HgKRmp2Dg
techpowerup.com/228800/tom-clancys-the-division-gets-directx-12-update-rx-480-beats-gtx-1060-by-16
youtube.com/watch?v=VGoUo2OYJjg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Oh no, whatever will I do by not paying for this, miss out on some quarterly shovelware?

[citation needed]

If you weren't being held at gunpoint to buy CS skins the past 3 years, you won't be held at gunpoint to have these ones either.,

the problem with it is not what they actually plan
it's what it will bring to market and that's pyramid marketing scheme for housewives

I'd rather pay more for good quality drivers than be saddled with amd no-drivers bluescreen crap.

> elite club with monthly fee

Are you saying the hardcore fanboys are In elite?

>I'd rather pay more for good quality drivers than be saddled with amd no-drivers bluescreen crap.

I member when Nvidia cards pink screened randomly for several generations.

AMD is power hungry and hot, but their drivers are significantly more stable than Nvidia's.

AYYMD drivers are garbage

Nvidia drivers, rock solid stability and reliability and no gimping like AYYMD does with GCN1

all this excrement-spouting

you're one of them retards, aren't you

Source

>falling for the bad drivers meme
That shit hasn't been a problem for a while
>[citation needed]
pcworld.com/article/2993272/software-games/nvidia-plans-to-lock-game-ready-drivers-behind-geforce-experience-registration.html

So where's the paywall or elite club you're spouting off

>email address
>paywall
Last time I checked 10 minute mail is free.

google is your friend.

techpowerup.com/228789/nvidia-to-launch-club-geforce-elite-subscription-based-service-for-usd-10-a-month

Reading comprehension is yours. Show me where it says you need anything more than a free registration for the drivers.

You're implying it's not up their alley. They're starting a sub fee service while announcing that the game ready drivers require your personal information. Somewhere down the road I'm sure they're going to lock the drivers behind the paywall.

>You're implying it's not up their alley.
There's no implication there, retard. Saying "show me where it says you need to pay" doesn't imply "they're never going to charge".

shitty slippery slope fallacy

>optional

And there's the end of the thread. Nothing to see here.

You niggas are gonna be the ones asking your moms to pay your ten dollars so you can brag to your friends about your elite pc.
Sup Forums is for adults

thats a name that i havent heard in a long time.

>can't refute points directly
>call them children

The problem here is that the what might be optional is the functional drivers. Having the potential of the hardware that you purchased be locked behind a paywall is bullshit.
Keep covering your ears and screaming 'lalala' retard

If they had any competition, they couldn't pull shit like that. It's AMDs fault

>paywall
There's that word again. I have yet to see anyone prove the game ready drivers are locked behind a paywall and not just a free registration that can me done with a throw-away e-mail address.

My points are pure speculation, which I pretty much established.
I called them children cause every time I see fanboyism like that I can only imagine children typing it.
It's funny how you guys are totally okay with being fucked.

Are you retarded? Are you actually claiming I have to pay for any further driver update when there is literally 0 (ZERO) mention of this anywhere. I literally updated my driver 3 hours ago. Where's this pay wall you're so confident is there? Fuck off moron.

DX12 support for Fermi only $9.99 a month!*

*First year only, see terms and conditions.

Enjoy your botnet

It's funny how you assume anyone calling out the bullshit in this thread to be nvidia users.

You're just mad cause within a year you're going to have to pay for your precious drivers you idiots brag about

You're right. I was considering vega because of the cheap price point but amd are a company which would do something like charging me for drivers just like they wanted to charge me an extra $150 for an overclocked 290. I'll stick with nvidia then. Cheers.

Have fun paying an extra $300 for an overclocked gtax 1080 then
Cheers.

>AIBs increase prices for "new" product
>This is somehow AMD's fault

>Nvidia forces AIBs to release "Founder's Edition" cards first
>forces them to charge extra for a worse cooler, worse board, and worse chip

Your next words will be "I am not an Nvidia fanboy"

Let's cut the bullshit here and be honest. I can afford about $900 for a GPU upgrade to replace my 980Ti . Why would I buy anything from AMD when Nvidia has the best performing GPU on the market right now, regardless of shady business practices? I don't need to make a price/performance compromise, I just want the best GPU that $900 will get me. Unfortunately, it won't be from AMD because they have nothing to compete with at the enthusiast level.

It is magical how some blame AMD for not being competitive and Nvidia jewing us and demand AMD release something good just so they can then buy Nvidia cheaper (which leads back to the first point because AMD has no dosh to build a competitive chip/card).

Mad? :^)

>t-the aib's m-made the 390 $150 more despite being an oc 290

Do the world a favor and jump off a bridge. .

>calling it 100% support when they dont have async compute
l a m o

>>t-the aib's m-made the 390 $150 more despite being an oc 290
>Do the world a favor and jump off a bridge. .

>MSRP for 290 and 290X is 399 and 549 respectively
>MSRP for 390 and 390X is 329 and 429 respectively
Yes, in fact it is AIB faults.

Jokes on you - the fermi DX12 driver was never released.

my 550 ti doesn't have dx12 support, not like i'd want it to anyways since its a piece of shit. AMD 4ever

anandtech.com/show/9387/amd-radeon-300-series/3

>Meanwhile the other factor at play here is that AMD significantly cut 290 series prices in the months since the Maxwell 2 launch to recover from the situation and improve the competitive positioning of the products since they lacked the performance edge. This led to prices around $319 and $249 for the R9 290X and R9 290 as recently as the GTX 980 Ti launch, for example. However with the 300 series, AMD now wants to get card prices up to $429 and $329 respectively, which means that AMD needs to be able to do something special to justify a price hike of $100.

techspot.com/review/1114-vram-comparison-test/page5.html

>The 390 and 390X are really graphics cards we never wanted. At the time of their release the Radeon R9 290 and 290X were exceptional buys. The 290X cost just $330, while today the 390X costs around $100 more for no additional performance and it is no different with the 290 and 390.

No this amd's own doing. Stop blaming everyone else, shill.

One of the stupidest posts ever on Sup Forums.

AMD is shit and its supporters are subhuman garbage who should kill all themselves.

I wish AMD would actually compete with nvidia.

Your choice as a consumer affects other consumers that can't afford your enthusiast hardware. If enough idiots like you pay they hypothetical paywall to get their elite drivers to bask in their elitism, then the rest of us who can't afford the drivers would be stuck shitty quarterly drivers. Nvidia would be making money from this move and wouldn't get rid of it.

You must have a two digit IQ

>being this mad because poor
Calm down faggot, nobody said anything about paying for an elite subscription. I'm only stating the obvious fact: AMD has nothing to compete with at flagship level, there are literally no other options for enthusiasts. Learn to read and maybe one day you'll find a job that pays more than minimum wage and be able to afford high end hardware for yourself.

>there are literally no other options for enthusiasts

Neo-Sup Forums please leave. Enthusiast doesn't mean what you think it does.

>playing semantics to deflect from the fact that there's no answer to the 1080

No, i'm not deflecting anything. Enthusiast doesn't mean you have the deepest pockets.

I'm not poor, friend. I just don't blow my money on GPU's and eat ramen everyday as a result.
Also that argument was also on behalf of the people who purchase budget nvidia gpu's as well because it would affect them for the most part.

this has been coming for years. if you bought nvidia after the 9xx series, you deserve to get cucked

if you still want to buy nvidia, even moreso

It's a deflection because you're not addressing the core of the argument. Besides, the term itself is subjective and has no universal definition. What you're doing is lower than grammar nazism.

Dunno fury x looks like its doing ok against the 1080.

This is where someone else cherry picks another game to show the opposite, right? What if I want to play something besides hitman, ashes of singularity, or deus ex?

test

Round and round it goes basically. What if you play at 4k? What if you overclock any of the cpus? What if a million different factors?

Which is why we look at the big picture.

anandtech.com/bench/product/1714?vs=1720

1080 is clearly better overall.

>nvidia launches some kind of gaymer subscription club no one but gaymers cares about
>downloading drivers through GFE requires a registration (old news, also it's free, and you can install the drivers separately unless you're completely braindead, and only fag gaymers use GFE anyway)

AMD fanboi logic somehow translates this to

This guy is right.

I personally don't buy AMD because when I build a rig I want the best performance my dollar will get me. AMD never has the best performance anymore, just the best poorfag option.

Stop being assblasted because you would rather buy gimped hardware from a failing company that disappoints year after year than spend a little more and get the best performance.

Also to be clear I have used both companies. My first computer had a 1ghz T-bird cpu from AMD. This is back when they were good, now they are shit.

>Nvidia drivers, rock solid stability and reliability
And at least one driver per year that has a chance of bricking your GPU.

Thats only a 25% change with quarterly drivers! I'll take those odds.

Not gonna matter anyways. Within a year those cards are going to be getting legacy drivers so that their newer hardware has an artificial performance gap.

Lies!

Remember when 780 ti competed with and usually even beat 290x?

To put this chart into perspective
The r9 290 was meant to compete with the gtx 780. A lot of people considered the 780 to be the superior card. The rx 480 is about the same as an r9 290.

The frames speak for themselves.

3 years ago those graphs would have been the other way around.

Really I'm quite shocked that AMD animals still even attempt those shitpost threads where you try to move goalposts.

It's literally their way to get more money, it's not like they invented new way to Jew people, PSN+ and MS Live had those features for a decade now.

Their drivers are still downloadable and usable on any pc and can be installed with or without Internet. You can still adjust all settings via Nvidia Control Panel. The only part that's behind a registration (btw. account registration isn't a paywall you filthy brown animal) is the nvidia experience (automatic optimization of games, shadowplay, streaming) part of software, which btw is also optional to install.

Literally couldn't care less to the point where it's the first time I've heard about this. It's not like you care about performance anyway when you stick to eating shit that AMD produces because of "muh customer practices".

Even in witcher 3 hawaii is pulling away from fucking maxwell - kepler is dead yo.

>Meanwhile in reality 480RX is 5 fps behind 970 in Witcher 3

I love every time you retards post charts while completely ignoring and boycotting any video documented benchmarks - where you know, you actually see with your own eyes that Sup Forums is just being invaded by another filthy Pajeet trying to sell his Boss' card.

youtube.com/watch?v=PqgOfR-Oc4U

revolution now

nobody is talking about revolution

Calm thine mamaries.

>Another char without video.

Leave nigger, you're not welcomed here

>Another proof 480RX is just hotter, shittier 970 gtx with actual fucking footage as proof

youtube.com/watch?v=a7HgKRmp2Dg

Just go.

Nobody is saying the the RX480 is a top tier card you fucking retard. The argument here is that within a year nvidia hardware gets left in the dust just to make their newer hardware seem all the better.

Did you forget the the 900 series was just a more efficient 700 series, and was slightly better. And the 700 series is a basically an improved 600 series. Any benchmark makes it seem like they're leagues when they're really not.

nvidia has unpaid pajeets all over the fucking web. You guys should seriously talk to them about that.

Refrain from needless autism.

techpowerup.com/228800/tom-clancys-the-division-gets-directx-12-update-rx-480-beats-gtx-1060-by-16

Mafia III is laughably broken.

>Is called out for being a shill who just posts shill charts that favor his card.
>Still fails to provide any actual proof with recorded footage

You sure fired up my synapses Ranjeet.

Kek. I haven't used an AMD card since the 5770 (which worked just fine), but as a 760 gtx owner i can tell you that you're full of shit. I bought it since the 9xx series got released and i had problems with the drivers for MONTHS. Thank god the 372.70 drivers work fine

Nvidia 900 series shares little in common with the 700 series. It's a completely new architecture.

My argument still stands. Maxwell was mostly an improvement on efficiency. The perfomance gains were there. But in theory it wouldn't really be worth upgrading from a 780ti to a 980. That wasn't the case, of course. The 700 series was getting the shit legacy drivers already, which made the 900 series look great by comparison.

>unironically knowing what "the nvidia experience" is

End yourself.

Bullshit
youtube.com/watch?v=VGoUo2OYJjg

>wanting a video to read a chart
holy shit this is the Sup Forums of millennial

Wow sounds like I dodged a bullet when I got my sapphire rx 470 a few days ago.

Good to know AMD isn't going to fuck me like team green. And I got 2 free games bundled in. Life's good.

That autist has posted in these threads before (surprise) and he never fails to question the validity of simple bar graphs published by trusted reviewers. Nope, much better to trust some youtube shitter that probably fakes everything.

Its almost as if you are retarded!

Gamersnexus tested a reference 780ti - the matrix in that vid most certainly is not reference.

You sure did kid.

This is a random patch log for a hotfix on a fairly recent catalyst driver.

Also of note, these aren't fixed issues, this is a list of PROBLEMS that the driver has.

You think Nvidia doesn't have a shitload of known issues? Difference is Nvidia doesn't disclose them.

>reboot when waking with Intel processors
>custom profiles don't apply
>game crash when pressing print screen

AMD has far too many problems.
Games flat out not working is common, computer rebooting for no reason? lolamd

The way it's not meant to be played.

Enjoy your poo drivers.

You're talking out of your ass. Reference shouldn't be 50% slower, for fuck's sake

WHY.
Fucking sandniggers

ALLAHU AKBAR ALLAHU AKBAR ALLAHU AKBAR
>ALLAHU AKBAR ALLAHU AKBAR ALLAHU AKBAR

sounds like you have a shitty built computer.

390x user and have had only a few problems never had my PC reboot on its own or not been able to play a game(the 3 games I do play)

You clearly haven't heard of AyyMD's FineWine technology.

Welp, Nvidia it is.

>tfw have kepler