I've been looking into distros that respect my freedoms. Is Trisquel any good? Anything better?

I've been looking into distros that respect my freedoms. Is Trisquel any good? Anything better?

>Trisquel
uh yeah I would suggest choosing a distro that doesn't sned all ur data back to srevers like ubuntu linux. its 1 of the cleanest operating system out there almost as good as mac OS

what did he mean by this

he meant it's good

Debian respects freedom. It is free by default, you have to enable non-free repos.

FSF and Stallman don't consider it free because Debian 'makes it easy' to install non-free software.

No, they don't consider it free because they provide nonfree software via its nonfree repositories.

But you can have a completely free Debian install if you wish. Just don't enable the non-free repository.

You can also have a completely free Ubuntu install if you wish, just replace the kernel with Linux-libre and be careful about what you download via the repository.
The point of endorsing a distro is to endorse one which doesn't provide nonfree software.

>just don't enable the non-free repository

That don't make doing that a pain in the ass or anything right?

cant you do the same with opensuse?

Monitoring this thread.

What about source based like Ututo?

Right, because the non-free repo is disabled by default. You have to add the 'non-free' and 'contrib' to the repository line in /etc/apt/sources.list.

try out sabayon op

Sell it to me user.

Not him but sabyon is gentoo based so you can use portage but it also comes with something called entropy that is apparantly faster. It also uses a regular installer so you don't have to jump through hoops. I don't use it but I've heard it praised before.

What are these freedoms you speak of?

Does it use a graphical installer

Gratis

I think you mean libre

Its good, free, and easy to use.

>using a FSF endorsed distro to browse a adware + proprietary javascript ridden mongolian website

kek

Let me have my cognitive dissonance user.

I'm spanish, it's gratis