It's shit.

>BSD
>Unix

MacOS is great

I've been enjoying not using it, yes.

Macfag

Pfsense as a virtual router/firewall for a private vm network in esxi

Captain Obvious

I want to get good with it but I don't want to read the documentation if the community is so small and software is even smaller.

I'm sure as a developer I would enjoy it.

I take comfort in the fact that there are people that know what they're doing on Sup Forums

I like it.

The documentation isn't hard if you find the right stuff.
freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/
freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/faq/

You guys. Freebsd has unix tools. Freebsd is unix. Mac has unix tools. Mac is unix. Linux has unix tools. Linux is unix. Windows has unix tools. Windows is unix.

I enjoy it every day.

by god ur rite

Unix is just a meme certificate that can be brought with money.

Posted from my non unix browser

Tru64 fo life

If I want a fully functional desktop environment with all kind of programs. Is bsd really an option? I use to Debian and Windows. And free/net or open bsd? Open looks secure as fuck. Any other '' distribution '' (how do you call that?) for desktop use on very modern hardware. Mac is an option but I pref FOSS

Who pays for the nonstop shilling of this garbage? Nobody could possibly be a irl fanboi os such worthless garbage.

Linux has PowerShell. Linux is Windows. Most versions of Windows use BSD's network stack. Most versions of Windows are BSD. OS X has dtrace. OS X is Solaris.

See how retarded your logic is?

No, you're thinking of UNIX. And it's much more than just throwing money at a company for a piece of paper, it's about compliance testing.

>if it's not Linux it sux xDDD amirite guise?

no, I left openbsd and went back to windows. more comfy.

>things that never happened

As a musician BSD makes much more sense to me. The sound APIs in Linux and OS X are too obfuscated. I could probably learn their ins and outs in a short amount of time, but the question is: why?

In general I get the impression that Linux is more for people who want to change their window manager every week, or tweak the color scheme of their terminal emulator. To them BSD seems pointless because they never really write their own stuff, and can't appreciate what a difference simple design makes.

>As a musician

This guy is right.

There is no single technical person in this thread that uses BSD. At least not the fanboys.

I would gladly like to know the technical differences from Linux, what userland, filesystem, system programming, etc. But nothing. These threads are just stupid attempts at marketing a kernel which can be appropiated by the Microsoft business model (not just EEE, but stealing other's people work because fuck the community) thanks to the license.

Sad.

Okay, kid.

Go fuck yourself.

Replying with the same retort is even worse than blowing of an argument with said retort. I win.

Give me a bit, I need a break. Just got done plowing your mom.

You are just bumping this thread. Do you think we don't notice?

I am leaving, so keep enjoying yourself, alone.

Literally all I'm doing is replying to people in a thread. Bumping the thread is just a result of replying.

Saged because fuck you, I don't care if the thread gets bumped.

I use FreeBSD.
You're a faggot.

Excuse me, retard? I was giving you the correct reaction image to use in the future. Print it out, roll it into a tube, and fuck yourself with it.

>Windows has unix tools

Sorry that it's in spanish

Windows NT4 up to Windows 8(not 8.1 though) had a Unix subsystem. You had to enable it though and it was only on their professional and server branded OSes.

On Windows 7 it was limited to Ultimate and Enterprise. Not sure about Vista because of how many editions it had.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Services_for_UNIX

what exactly are you yapping about?