Older netbook worth it?

Hi, I paid $99 for an acer aspire one 722 with 4gb ram, 1ghz cpu, and a 320 gb hdd, is this a bad idea for a cheap/oh well if it gets stolen or broken netbook for school?
also can it run ubuntu studio ok?

>1GHz CPU
what the fuck is it?

Not OP but usually AMD Fusion shit. E350 at best.

If Ubuntu doesn't work well, give Lubuntu or Mint a try.

it's AMD's version of intel atom probably

for the op, yeah it's probably fine. I used to use a netbook, it almost youtubes with hitching, but if you're ok with it, it does a lot of stuff fine.

I got an Acer netbook for free and I still think it wasn't worth it.

I got an older acer netbook, installed ubuntu. I like it for some reason even though it's a complete piece of shit.

it is faster than first atoms by far, especially at multimedia tasks. For the price, considering you get a screen, hdd, and ram, I think it was a good purchase, especially if battery isn't dead yet.

>Acer

I know mint would handle that just fine.

I actually used it for work (until I got a proper laptop) running Arch + i3wm.
I probably wouldn't hate it to death if it didn't overheat all the time. Had to keep it downclocked to 800Mhz (half its base clock) to let it stay under 60 C idle (and still managed 80 C under load).
I kept it on my lap once and it burnt my legs. AMD and Acer together make amazing ovens.

more like Gaycer

you can probably do better on an ebay auction but whatever floats your boat OP

Fuck no, they weren't even worth it new

You could give it to me, to upgrade

Find out how much ram it can handle and max that shit out. An SSD can do wonders too.

its an A50M, the worst processor ever made, worse than 3.8ghz pentium 4's

i had this exact netbook, it is the netbook equivalent of aids

I have the same one in blue. Says it has an AMD C-60 processor. I put a SSD in in and installed Lubuntu. It runs good but still can't do YouTube that great. It works though. Hopefully it can handle Skype (is there a lighter-weight equivalent?).

1. It's shit
2. It probably won't run Ubuntu Studio well

Just put Lubuntu on it, don't even bother with the bloated garbage that Ubuntu is

I have an Aspire One d255 running Debian conpletely fine. It has an upgreadable RAM to 4GB DDR3 in single Channel, quite a shitty CPU (1,5 GHz dual core non hypethreaded atom n550) which i use as a daily driver at uni. I got It for free since It was the Christmas present where NY non works about 6 years ago and i think that with the given optimization and some lightweight os is a very good piece of techno. I was wondering if installing xp pos was a meme or should i stick with Debian (going to be arch in future)?

>netbook

Good luck. Even a raspberry pi has more computing power.