Speccy thread, still deciding what to do with this laptop

Speccy thread, still deciding what to do with this laptop.

and this old prebuilt..

and this optiplex.

This is my first build and current pc.

I knew this guy who would run a highschools servers on pentium 4's. Legit had 3-4 years of uptime on some of them running webmin for different servers. Tons of use for this bad boy.

Oh nice, should I keep xp or run a different os?

my new GPU just arrived, yayy

Decade old laptop, works just fine.

>gtx 1060 3gb
>3gb
why.jpeg

i told you to throw it in the trash you dumb nigger

J U S T
U
S
T

Is it good?

it sure is warm

captured at the wrong time, but what should I do?

E5-2683v3

well, contrary to the common opinion around here, don't kill yourself just yet. try dusting off your cooler and fans and re-applying thermal paste

damn, nigro

I love my machine

>all these cucks on windows 10

I hope those cores get some good use, cause that single core performance leaves a bit to be desired.

3GHz haswell single-core performance isn't that bad, desu.

Ehhhhh, depends what you're doing.

Get a game that is only threaded for 2-4 cores and a 6700k at 4GHz, or god forbid it's OC'd to 4.4GHz+, and the performance difference can be massive.

Not all games are clockspeed bound since they're well threaded for more cores, but the majority of games right now aren't, and having good single core performance is still a necessity.

If you're doing encoding, big data, etc. By all means, i'm sure your single core performance is fine for whatever you're doing. But there are still many situations that single core performance would be noticeably detrimental compared to even a 6600k for $1500 less(MSRP).

Wish I had a 2TB SSD though

Obviously it's not for gaming. I only play like 10 hours a week, and only World of Warcraft.

Is this the new Windows 10 thread?

Gonna stick to my R9 280x for some more time. I hope Vega delivers.

I have a Sandy Bridge Xeon with a 3.3GHz single-core speed, and it runs even CPU-heavy gayms just fine. of course, if you really need that 120+ fps in fallout 4, then it isn't enough.

he used ubuntu server with no gui to do it, but not sure if you should do that since the norm around Sup Forums is that ubuntu is for normies

cheap, only cost $190.

it's just a reaction image, bro!
what are good and cheap fans or coolers?

am I the only one who has win7?

You overpaid for that piece of shit

Has needed a clean for so, so long. When it heats up it goes to 95 degrees and it pains me to know that I'm actively lowering its lifespan, only 2 days until I'm reunited with all my cleaning supplies.

r8

Pretty normal.

fresh upgrades from this black friday. evo 212 fan so i could overclock, new gpu and another 8gb ram. im liking the 500ghz oc, things are noticably faster and temps not much higher.
anyone experienced with overclocking 8 core FX processors? how far can i push this on air cooling? water cooling? ive only raised the voltage a tiny bit, but its stable so far.

it's amazing

How's that ultrawide?

>things are noticably faster
First, you spelled 'noticeably' incorrectly, and second what's things and by what metric? Would you consider placebo a possibility?

Its pretty nice but if I look at too closely I can see pixels and it's shit for CSGO. Other than that it's really immersive for video games and the extra space is nice when doing other things.

>Would you consider placebo a possibility?
of course, but why do you ask? metric, just my observations and some benchmark software listed below. this oc was done before i installed the rx 480 but after i installed an extra 8gb of ram, so i imagine that may factor into some of the results ive seen.
couple things i noticed: my browser is no longer so sluggish with many tabs open, websites also load faster. opening a folder with a lot of images(thumbnails on) loads much faster. programs that load on startup load faster. better framerates in games using slightly higher settings. benchmarks in prime95 and cpu-z are also returning better results. like i said, generally things feel a bit faster and snappier. not a huge amount but noticeable

if you wanna be a nitpicker about typos and grammar on the internet, "what's things" is not good grammar. an apostrophe usually indicates possession or used when omitting letters, among other things.

>21c
bullshit, that PC is outside

Typos =/= spelling errors

I imagine there are some placebos or other factors involved (components changed, heatsink cleaned, system format), but at the same time I imagine you might be able to perceive a tiny change in the amount of time your PC takes to perform some regular action, like open Firefox.

A 4 to 4.5 OC is 12.5%, so that's like a 10.5 second process (a process way, way longer than opening Firefox) completing in 9.33 seconds. You might be able to notice a shorter process in the "there's something off here" rather ethereal sense

Build from a year ago, Just put a 1070 in and i Love it playing Zandronum at 144hz 1080.

maybe its placebo, i dont know. things are faster and im getting better fps in games i play, so i am happy.

>thinkpad
>Win10

Nice m8.

the cpu is at 4.2 Ghz at 1.3 volts (shitty I know), but I got the thing for free so I don't care

my brother's minecraft rig

that is a terrible cpu. my i5 4690k gets to at least 4.5 ghz on less voltage, but I leave it at 4.4 and let the mobo decide what voltage as that's as high I can get it without manually increasing voltage

r8

Its nice.

I think it can safely push to 5.0 ghz on air, anything above that you need water. Although it depends on if you hit the silicon lottery or not.

new build, rate me Sup Forums