2017-ish

>2017-ish
>still have to physically unplug the existing OS drive when installing an OS to a different drive, unless you want the MBR overwritten

Debian/Ubuntu netinstaller doesn't have this problem.

>just Windows things

Not every OS is as shitty as Windows, you know.

Lolnux doesn't have many things

>says an OS like it is an generic issue
>actually just meant a single OS

Such is the fate of a (secondary) slave.

>Things that aren't true: The Post
I've never seen what your referring to in either Windows or Linux distros in the last 4 years

>I never installed Windows with another OS present: The Post

Not him but the last time I did was Windows 8 and it added my Linux partition as an option in its bootloader

>Windows

Ugly ass bitch

Windows automatically installs the bootloader on the primary drive no matter what drive you choose to install Windows on.

And what's the issue if I'm still capable of booting every OS installed?

If the other OS is on the primary drive it will overwrite the bootloader. and won't give you an option. It requires you to unplug the drive.

There was only one drive in the machine yet after installing Windows I was still able to boot Linux from Windows' bootloader. They were two separate partitions on the same HDD.

The main issue is that if you remove/format the drive with the bootloader you won't be able to boot the other OS.

Also just general common sense/decency. Don't touch other drives in the system, unless the user decides that this is what he wants.

>2017-ish
>not using VMs

Silly Linuxfags and gamers who don't know how Windows work.
Windows installs the bootloader in the sata port with the lowest number connected to a hard disk.
E.g. if your Linux disk is using sata port 0 and your Windows installation at using sata port 1, Windows installation will install the bootloader at your Linux disk (because it's the first disk it finds), while installing the Windows files into the second disk.

>I don't know what an MBR is - the post
Just kys already

>MBR

Debian, Fedora, Arch, Gentoo, and even OS X won't fuck your shit up like that. Keep on using your shitty 90s OS that's held together by bandaids and crazy glue, and keep telling yourself it's the best.

If you ever grow a pair, I recommend Kubuntu.

Fucking kek.