Upgrading to this after rocking my gtx 480 sli for years...

Upgrading to this after rocking my gtx 480 sli for years, due to the overheating but I come to find that here ASUS graphics cards are not favored here why is that? I had no problems with ASUS in the past is there a valid reason to hate them?

Other urls found in this thread:

giantbomb.com/profile/wehrmacht/lists/games-using-unreal-engine-4/85929/
youtube.com/watch?v=zWASNajSdpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Congrats on your purchase user. Now fuck off

That card is not Shit because it's Asus it's Shit because it's nvidia. Have fun paying for drivers nvidicuck

>Upgrading to this after rocking my gtx 480 sli for years
I don't even. Why aren't you sharing your secrets to a sustainable fusion reactor?

>Mfw they were reference cards

>paying for drivers
what?

Nvidia cocksuckrs on suicide watch

The 1070 is the reddit approved normalfag graphics card of this generation, just like the 970 "J U S T cuck my VRAM up SENPAI" card of last gen.

I just want to know how many 1070 users are "rocking" 1080p/60 Hz monitors like OP most assuredly is.

>"rocking" anything
>2007 +9

>ayymd shill on suicide watch
That's not the drivers that are paid for :^)

Just like last year with people having 980Tis with 1080p monitors not even on 120Hz+. Welcome to the average consumer.

>That's not the drivers that are paid for
Not yet, you stupid fucking goyim. Did you link Huang directly to your Facebook account and Google wallet to autodebit your account for you exclusive cucktuned TWIMTBP settings yet?

I'm stuck between an rx480 8gb and a gtx1060 6gb. I dont know much but it seems like you're just paying for hype and marketing with the nvidias.

Can anyone justify me buying one or the other?

You sound bitter but then again AMD users always are. I can't say I blame your broke ass for choosing a shitty cheap card over a more expensive enthusiast card.

user this is a fine GPU, dont too hard what we think, this is Sup Forums for fucks sake. NVidia has fucked about big time during this generation, but I think this card will suit fine for a good amount of years.

I would recommend reading independent reviews of both cards, see how they compare to each other in the games you play, and factor in cost and availability depending on where you are based.

In other words, make a fucking decision yourself.

Let me make it simple for you
do you want a shit card for a good price get AMD
do you want a good card at a more expensive price get Nvidia

Only play squad but I want that shit maxed out.

The only reason I'd get the 1060 would be if I was running Linux. AMD has a nice open driver stack, but it's behind Nvidia's offerings. There's also how AMD keeps getting rejected by Linux maintainers, since they have a fuck load of lines that seems inelegant. On the original question, I'd still get the RX480 since it keeps getting better with each update.
On Windows, there is no contest, I'd get the RX 480 hands down. It's probably less than 5% behind in DX11 while 10%+ up in DX12 and Vulkan. It has more VRAM and now has software offerings comparable to Nvidia, i.e. ReLive. The last major reason is freesync. You are saving yourself at least $100 just by getting AMD since g-sync has that disgusting tax on the module.

I make six figures and own my own business. I've bought AMD/ATi for over a decade. I could buy Titan SLI for my PC here at work and at home if I wanted to and have money left over to burn. Nvidia is a shitty company and the "value" of their cards over time speaks for itself.

If you want to do zero research and buy into memes and marketing bylines so you fit in with reddit-tier teenagers then Nvidia is your brand. If you do actual research, you buy AMD.

>If you do actual research, you buy AMD.
lol just lol
Also your broke ass know if you had money you would get Nvidia you know damn well you live in your mothers basment.
Patricians choose Nvidia plebs choose AMD

>Only play squad but I want that shit maxed out.

Here's a list of games that use the Unreal Engine 4 which Squad uses, most notably GoW4, so go check out how the 480 and 1060 perform in them.

giantbomb.com/profile/wehrmacht/lists/games-using-unreal-engine-4/85929/

Explain then to me why can't not even AMD not have faith in their own GPU's that they run a PC with a Titan XP on their own press conference?

Thanks man, going with the 480.

Just because I make good money doesn't mean I want to support a shitty company like Nvidia. I can afford to, I just choose not to. :^)

>can not not even AMD not
What does that have to do with anything? They skipped a high end consumer card this gen and wanted to show off the best performance of their new CPU.

If anything they were showing confidence in Ryzen by eliminating what some would say is a possible conflict of interest.

There's literally like 1-2% difference in GoW4 so they'll perform almost identically in Squad.

This doesn't matter.
How can rely on a brand that is supposed to show confidence that NVidia's monopol is over for then not to use their cards. I get they wanted to show the gameplay in 4K, but this is still a slap to the face of what AMD nowadays resembles (a better market for consumers, while not be constricted of anything).

>You

>mfw current Polaris isn't even real Polaris
Radon Pro and mobile parts have very efficient silicon, desktop unfortunately got scraps.
youtube.com/watch?v=zWASNajSdpg

That is pathetic AMD is using Nvidia cards during their own press conferences LMAO thats so sad. How are AMD losers going to rationalize this?

They can't.
Nvidia has won. Just accept it, you fucks.

ASUS's build quality has suffered over the years.

In my Antec 300 with a full fan complement, my reference GTX480 hits about 87C in OCCT. Under everyday loads, it doesn't get that hot. Most GF100 horror stories were related to inadequate power supplies, low-end motherboards, and cases with minimal airflow. Dell was actually trying to cram these things into their machines, which had entirely predictable results.

The RX 480 is a somewhat better card on paper, and it already comes out ahead of the 1060 more often than not. If you're willing to spend a bit more and want to play at 1440p, grab a 1070. If you're still at 1080p, grab a 480. Just don't buy anything with the horrific reference cooler.

That's actually typical. Mobile and server parts are always the highest binned when competing directly with desktop/mainstream.

Sapphire nitro is what I'm eyeing.

bought myself one this month!
No regrets so far!

Shut up fag at least I don't have to pay for drivers like Nviditards

At least mine actually delivers the performance it was promised

It's not a bad AIB but certainly not the best one. Shitty cooler but it definitely looks the best.

The best AIBs for the RX 480 are the XFX GTR, MSI Gaming X, and ASUS Strix (surprisingly).

480 is faster and cheaper. The choice couldn't be easier.