I've just spent an hour trying to move some files between a Mac and an external drive and it was such an ordeal it...

I've just spent an hour trying to move some files between a Mac and an external drive and it was such an ordeal it nearly made me cry.

The Mac OS finder is the most unintuitive garbage I've ever used.
Even the most simple of tasks such as showing the number of files in a group of folders is placed out of arm's reach or obfuscated by arbitrary key modifiers.

Literally every possible action is done differently to windows because fuck you.

And even just moving the mouse pointer around is painful. No amount of tinkering with the pointer speed would make it comfortable. When I went back to my Windows PC and grabbed the mouse it felt like I was pushing an anvil with my pinky.

How do people actually use Macs for any serious work? No, this is not a bait thread.

You say this, but Windows 10 is basically also a foreign language to most windows users at this point. Software usability is going to hell with Steve Jobs and Clippy.

>finder
Here's your problem.

I do almost everything with the shell. I recommend iTerm2 and zsh. vifm can be nice too.

>mac
>serious work

Pick one.

>work

stop misusing Macs... People like you is the reason why it was important to remove ports... (likely need to remove the headphone jack on the laptops as well so people stop shitting up doing work on it)

>using terminal in 2016

>using GUI in any year ever
Pleb.

you know making your own life pointlessly difficult won't make women want to fuck you any more, right?
it'll just make you fatter.

You are literally retarded. Gas yourself, you dumb fucking shit stain.

You are 100% right

cp /path/to/origin /path/to/destination
amazong

So angry

I'm happily married. Not sure why you think making other women want to fuck me would be higher on my priorities than more productive computing.

Drag and drop

Use the fucking terminal then idiot

>it doesn't work like windows therefore it's bad

If you don't know how to do it from the command line it's your own fault

Most normal people just prefer to click a couple of things instead of typing grep alphabet soup in order to return the size and number of files contained in a selection of folders.

>normal people
>Sup Forums

The terminal.

Use a scripting language, like everyone else.

ITT: OP complains about his baby duck syndrome

i don't get how mac handles files.

I dragged and dropped a folder from the desktop to documents then it fucking disappeared.

Not in documents, not on the desktop either. What the fuck?

Actually, the first system I learned was long before Windows. I am perfectly comfortable with a command line, in fact I spend much of my work day logged into them.

I'm also pragmatic about Windows' dominance and able to recognise that GUIs are often good shortcuts for common tasks and that de facto standards are sometimes good things.

Mac OS seems to be going out of its way to resist conforming to the accepted wisdom, which is much to the detriment of its user experience.