If Arch Linux is meant to be simple, why doesn't it come with a simple installer?

If Arch Linux is meant to be simple, why doesn't it come with a simple installer?

>Installer
>simple

It gives you freedom to choose any of these installers:
Architect
Arch-anywhere
Archfi
Antergos
Archboot
Archbang

I installed BSD for the first time recently. It's arguably far less hand holding. It took literally minutes to install and get up and running, compared to the 30mins of bullshit Arch makes you sit through. Just proved to me that the Arch installer is intentionally convoluted so that pseudo-intellectuals can pat themselves on the back and pretend they achieved something.

It's meant to fade in the background, leaving you with the pure Unix learning curve (Vim, LaTeX, BASH, etc.). It's never been meant to be newbie-friendly.

Also why are you even posting

>I installed BSD
>BSD
For some reason I think you are lying.

I wanted to escape systemd. I'm loving BSD so far. Linux is bloated as fuck and a weak imitation of Unix.

1. There is nothing wrong with systemd
2. "Loving BSD so far" is a vague claim. What BSD? On what arc? Are you lying?
3. Bloat is a meme. Unless you are running a 6GiB virtual machine that is
4. UNIX is a garbage philosophy, and it's just a meaningless certificate that can be brought with money

OpenBSD. The package manager is great, the system runs super fast, the configuration has been extremely easy. It's not sandbagged by a bunch of unnecessary garbage.

Also, systemd is absolute cancer. Now I know for sure you are a troll or a paid shill.

> unnecessary garbage.
Like bluetooth and some real necessary shit that people run on daily basis right?

And no, there is nothing wrong with systemd, it's just BSDcucks being jelly that they'll never have it. Say good bye to powerful Desktop Environment tools

>the system runs super fast
Linux would run faster. On every machine tested, OpenBSD was slower than Linux.

Watch how BSDcucks gets buttmad at this

>jelly that they'll never have it
We DON'T want it.

>say good bye to powerful Desktop Environment tools
GUI toddlers need to leave. Real men are here to discuss real work, not fantasize about shiny buttons and curved boxes.

>Desktop Environment
>powerful
Laughing my fucking ass off.

Mice should be banned.

Shit it boots fast. Can you do the same with a minimal Linux install?

>GUI toddlers need to leave.
>Mice should be banned
hahahaha NEET BSDcuck throwing tantrum it's so hillarious

Don't hax me your super 1337 terminal browser bro

non of these are official arch projects

Archboot is an official Arch project

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

because elitism, they even removed the beginners guide, kek

I think you're confusing 'simple' and 'easy' there, cucklord

Is this KDE with arch?

i3 on Gentoo I suppose

I know there are some installers but what's the best? Any recommendations

an installer can be simple
a simple, interactive shell script would do the job

Shell scripts fail

>I wanted to escape systemd. I'm loving BSD so far. Linux is bloated as fuck and a weak imitation of Unix.
And people still think systemd is not a jewish trick.

so does arch after running updates

why is systemd bad?!

Not when they're doing what the arch install entails. It isn't hard at all, and it doesn't take more than 10 minutes, but the steps you do to get arch going don't depend at all on your choices or your hardware.

>wireless or wired
>if wireless, runs wifi-menu
>what space to partition, what size partitions, how many etc.
>what to mount where
>run arch-chroot (does a whole bunch of shit automatically. if you're willing to automate this, why not automate installation?) (also generate fstab automatically like arch installation already does [what happened to do everything manually, especially when you're doing something that honestly could benefit from user input])
>pacstrap (perhaps ask for the user to name any other packages they want to pacstrap with)
>grub or gummyboot (why would you use another systemd meme utility tho)

Almost none of this could fail because it is all basically hardware-agnostic (as long as you make the script have the basic ability to understand when somebody presses enter instead of telling which drives to mount where). Besides, it's not like you're going to have much variation in targeted hardware since Arch only supports fucking x86. Maybe I just described arch anywhere. Idfk. I haven't used Arch since 2012 when it was my first distro (it's not that hard to use. sorry archfriends. and it didn't really teach me much about Linux at all. I truly apologize). Eventually I realized if I cared about muh bleeding edge there were better distros for that. I realized if I cared about muh customizability there were better distros for that. I realized if I cared for muh autistic minimalism, every distro is better for that. ("Wow every other distro installation has such high package counts! It can't just be because most distros don't jam tons of packages into each of their packages, like dev headers etc!")

kek

Lets not start a flamewar, but is too much code in a single program, and forces programs to depend on it. You can extrapolate from that.

its a meme