Now that we're all adults, let's be real

Now that we're all adults, let's be real.

Are you treating yourself to anything this Christmas? An upgrade? An update? A new part you've been eyeing for some time now?

For me it's mostly just Chinese shit like zuk z2 pro or remax 610D.

Also going to pick up a 980 ti soon too, for my CRT.

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16882290155
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA36T4442816
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA36T4442828
htomega.com/claro2.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Box from jlist full of Nippon goods and sex toys.

It's Christmas every other week...

Was thinking a 4k monitor but have just an rx 480.

Already got myself a bigger hard drive, since that was the biggest thing I was missing. Think I'm probably set until zen, when i will be upgrading most of my computer.

Just ordered a shorter cable for my akg k7xxs, possibly also upgrading from my r9 380 to a 1070 or if allah wills it and christmas sales are actual sales this time a 1080. Oh and does anyone know of a good mic stand for a samson co1u pro? I know nothing of microphones...

Why not go for 1440p instead?

My gtx 680 handles shit fine at 1440p on medium-high settings, and considering your 480 is better it should be fine on high-ultra.

well already have two 1080p monitors. maybe i'll just go for a third one and try to keep them the sameish dimensions.

If you guys are really adults why do you need to wait until Christmas to treat yourselves?

Maturity breeds moderation

>adult
>doesn't know what budgeting is

got myself a basic computer to last me over the holidays, nothing special desu

looking at getting a laptop at some point too

Myself? Nah not really maybe I'll look into a camera later

I did buy a x220 for $70 it had two bad USB ports a couple of cracks on palmrest and a couple of white spots on the screen but came with 9 cell battery with only 120 cycles.
Took the keyboard out of that one and put it on my other x220 which is in great shape and am fixing it to give it to my dad. I have not given him much over the years and just found out the other day he's been using a i3 first gen for years. I'm a bad son. Gonna work on that from here on.

The shit I happen to need/want this week is what "I'm getting for christmas"

>buying in Christmas for some arbitrary reason is moderation
Are you living paycheck to paycheck?

I've got £15 left in my account, so probably fuel and food.

They didn't wow me at first, but I think I'm coming to like them.

>Are you living paycheck to paycheck?

Even a person making a lot of money budgets their expenses and amount saved per month and sticks to it because they're adults and not children who can't control themselves and must have every new toy and won't be satisfied until they do.

>You don't get rich by writing checks.

I can think of things I want, but nothing I really need.

I'd WANT to have a new GPU, but my current one handles the vidya I play perfectly fine

I do need a better heatsink for my CPU because stock cooler isn't cutting the job (running at about 90+C at full load)

I'm going to get an iPad retina display from a chink that makes a board so i can use it with a standard displayport cable.

Going to buy a ticket to glorious nippon for may next year. It's finally happening

Built myself a real budget computer
Phenom x4 965
Hd 7950
Msi 890 mobo
4gb ram
Cheap case, psu and 120ssd.

All to play gears of War 4 and edit videos, under $300..

>980ti
>for a CRT

Does CRT stand for something new? I thought that meant Cathode Ray TV, and you can't put a fucking GPU in that

are you retarded?

You're dumb. I hope this is bait.

Inb4
>I was just pretending to be retarded

I already got two monitors for my birthday last month and for christmas I was thinking good headphones. haven't really started to look around though, any spontaneous recommendations? the only thing I had in mind so far was the Bose QC35

I want to sell my network/computers and buy a 15W kaby/apollo lake mini pc.

There's nothing fanless with DisplayPort 1.2 yet, but I bet there will be in a few months.

santa updated my snapheisers to HD800 and shoved them under the tree.

Went half in with my parents on a case

Because it gives me time to save up?

We're not all richfags that can buy what we want when we want. Bills and rent and shit yo, not cheap

>Are you treating yourself to anything this Christmas?
1TB mSATA SSD

Should have gotten an i3 2120 instead.

Dude...

No, nor I'm asking for anything.

Buying my gf a PS4 Pro

he makes a good point though, if its just about moderation the time of year shouldnt matter.

Was thinking of a new phone, but having a hard time finding something that has good specs and decently priced, and is also available in SEA.

Started a new job so I wasn't able to buy anything for myself but I've been buying things here and there anyway so its not a big deal

Thinking about a 1060/480. Bit overpriced in SEA but my 580 is ancient.

going to get a computer case when it's released any day now :)

who is that semen demen?

You should have a look at zuk, they have pretty good prices for what they're offering

I know the Z2 is good. But for me (light user) something like the Mi Max is half the price and has better battery life.

Check out the redmi 4 then. People in /csg/ are claiming it gets 15 hours of screen on time over 2 days before they need to charge it again.

I'm getting a 1060 and an SSD.

Learn to use bing: Stacy Bartlett (University of Arkansas Gymnastics 2011)

I'm thinking either a CMOY from JDL Labs with a new pair of VE Monks or a soldering kit with a Classic 47 DIY Amp.

I ordered my first mechanical chinkboard with black switches (more like inbetween red and black). It's the best 38 euros I have spent in my life. I really don't understand why companies like Logitech and Microsoft don't release their own sub-50$ mass-production mechanical keyboards with chinkswitches.

Because mechanical is meant to be "premium"

Fucking Jews, I swear, conspiring to keep the cash flowing.

I'm an adult, not a fucking obese tumblrina. I don't need to "treat myself" to anything "because I deserve it teehee!".

Go fuck yourself.

na, i have no money

Fuk u nigga im 12

3d printer

I think about going to a whore. Not quite sure about it, because I can just watch some anime as well.

Now, if it's about hardware: need to mod Z77 UEFI to allow NVMe boot and then I'll purchase a Samsung M.2 and a PCIE adapter for it.
Going to get a load of stuff for my friends, tho: a headset, a bunch of fans for their PC, a fan control panel, an external HDD and a CPU. Probably will get some games in a brick and mortar store.

tumblrinas don't celebrate christmas because it's oppressive and patriarchal
tell us user, are you actually a hair-dyed fatso in disguise?

Getting my new computer this Christmas, hopefully earlier.

I'm thinking on selling my fagbook and build the dual LGA 2011-v2 that I'm dreaming some time ago.
Don't know what portable solution I can get. Is X240 thinkpad any good?

I bought KSP for 44 dollars and I honestly feel guilty and stupid about it

>jewish

Went on sale for $240 over Thanksgiving sales. More than I really wanted to spend, but the quality is fucking amazing in context for their size & weight and the size of the room where I've set up my main tech station:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16882290155

I picked up an older but really decent receiver/amp at the Goodwill for $10 to drive them, ran the front stereo channel from my computer to the receiver and the center channel output from computer to my old computer speakers, so very rich and full 3.0 channel sound, with the center channel split into a pair of speakers. These RTIs are hanging from the ceiling a good 5 feet over my head and a bit over 15 feet apart with the computer speakers on my desktop, so excellent separation. Mostly music (I've about 20 terabytes of FLACs and ~3000 CDs), but occasional Chinese cartoons and movies, too.

The bass is a bit weak, but more than enough for the space, and I prefer mid- & high-range sound. Most of my music also prefers a bass-lite profile. Me am very happy boy.

Been checking these toys out, and similar products, as possible upgrade and finer control over the sound in the future:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA36T4442816
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA36T4442828

I'm not sold on them (yet), but if the price drops low enough I might put something like the Bravo 3 inline to the receiver and be able to control the levels at the same time I make adjustments to the desktop speakers.

I picked up one of these Claro II soundcards three years ago as a Christmas present to myself; one of the best investments I ever made in audio tech:

htomega.com/claro2.html

Picked up a 2 terabyte external for $50 at wal-mart, I was using a 1tb internal so i've tripled my space.
Think I'll also get a usb3.0 thing that plugs into my extra pci slot so I can move into the year 2014

I'm going to buy a new case, hsf, and new case fans. Going full Phanteks this time. And maybe some sleeved cables for maximum rice.

Because you don't deserve a god damn thing, you're not a good person. I'm glad you hate yourself, but you should understand that we hate you too.

You aren't an adult. Adults don't pretend that being a fucking Scrooge is be mature.