something does not look stock here

something is different

A nest of black widow spiders.

>faggot rainbow I/O
>doesn't even have an I/O shield
>that mismatched PSU hackjob
>wifi on a desktop
here's the attention you so desperately wanted

This thread is fucking gay and you should kill yourself.

>rainbow I/O

Ports have specific colors for a reason, shitlord.

and they look like shit and clash with the generally monochromatic aesthetic of older hardware, so what's your point? are you too retarded to look at something before you hamfist a cable into it?

not to worry here is everything that I removed from the original build, still perfectly operable and not going anywhere.
no outside though, AMD K6
the stock I/O shield is more colorful than that one, also
>I/O shield screws in
>Didn't have I/O shield for that mobo
>The positive pressure has to escape somehow
Also also
>Standard ATX would not fit, this is a Silverstone 600W SFX that will.
Also also also
>Wifi because I bring this PC around places. And no, I will not just get a laptop.

Attach the front door from that cd drive to the one in the computer you dork.

>AMD K6
Yep. Had one of those pieces of shit back in the day.

Just the door part? Not sure if it'd fit easily or at all. I don't want to break or modify permanently any of the original pieces. Hm. Lemme look at it.

Adhesive velcro and patience. It will look like shit when opened, but then again, that's like 9% of its total lifetime.

FYI specs and cost:
>Case
IBM Aptiva
(Free about 10 years ago)
>Board
Intel DQ77MK
Free
>CPU
Intel i5 3470
Free
>RAM
Some Crucial meme DDR3 1600 shit
Like $50
>Cooler
Cooler Master Hyper N520
like $30 back in 2013
>GPU
Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 270X Vapor X
$250 3 years ago
>Storage
WD Black 1TB
70 bucks
Samsung 750 Evo 250GB
70 bucks
>PSU
Silverstone 600W Gold SFX
$110ish
>Other Stuff
DVD Burner
Free
Sata Cables
Free
Cooler Master Jetflo 120
$15 bucks
ABGN Wifi card
20 bucks in 2008
External USB header card thing
Free
Windows 10 Pro X64
"Free"

This was basically just built with shit I had lying around plus a few niceish things I bought to make it run. Using it for a LAN party box and maybe a download rig. Bretty nice board and CPU for free, really like it.

sorry op
mines cooler

heres what i looked like after i changed the 750ti to a r9 280x, switched out some other internal stuff like the disk drive, cooler and cpu
and did some custom painting

protip, paint the shit, looks alot better internally if you paint stuff black, and install a danm i/o shield

>inb4 a skeleton pops out

>having actual front panel connections
>having a rear exhaust
>not letting your CPU get up to 75-76C when doing p95 and simultaneously running furmark on your spaceheater of a card
>not beige
discarded.

p. cool tho famalam tbqh

also sleeper general now I guess.

even if it's not that powerful, sleeper general.

>and install a danm i/o shield
see
did you spend actual money on any of your stuff or is yours built from previous build components/handmedowns/freebies?

most of it was just leftover stuff, i bought the psu, sleeves and fans for it though

you have plenty of space to cutout a mount for a 80/92mm fan, possibly a 120mm.
Get yourself a box knife and do it the slow way, or a dremel tool to do it quicker, drill some mounting holes, get a fan grate off newegg for 2$
bam, exhaust

I would, but I am really on the fence about actually modifying this case, "what if I want to put it all back together and sell it some day" etc etc

nobodys gonna see a fan mount as a real detrimental change to the value, these are cool oldschool computers but theyre not sought after by hipsters like amigas are

if you built a sleeper in an amiga, fuck yeah keep that shit stock as possible and keep the old parts in a cool dry place, but for something like this, nah

i can grab aptivas off ebay for about 50-100$ in working order, some with minor issues, rare models like the black ones for 200-ish

specifically that k6 mmx model with no hdd/ram for 90$
and thats just on the first page of ebay listings

Hm.. I mean it wouldn't be hard to do, think I can borrow my dad's Dremel and drill. I'd have to take it apart first though, don't want those metal shavings causing problems. I bet I could fit a 140 on the back.

size it up first and draw out guides, if you fuck it up and cant mount a fan on it then you will have fucked the case because you just have a big non-functional hole

Right. I've done metalwork before (like this, not anything more advanced)

Is there any way better than just filing and sanding to smooth out that jagged edge? I want it to look intentional as if it were designed that way. Some cases roll the metal lip, is there a good homebrew method to measure the appropriate gap needed (you need more metal to form the lip) and actually perform the roll?

grab a screen tool for a few bucks or you might have one laying around or whatever, theyre for pushing in the rubber retention filler on window screens, but they have a roller that can make lips

ive used it on the internal parts of computer cases before to either make curled edges or just bend them down to reduce the chances of scraping cables

or the ghetto way is to get a big metal pipe, and just put pressure on it, sliding it across the metal edge until it bends in

hah. did something similar with an old case i had. its surprising how compatible those old cases still are

we had those aptivas in my school

I knew it.
What front panel I/O did you plug in ?

They were colored on older hardware too, what was he supposed to do with them ?

There is no front panel stuff other than the power button and a power LED. There's also an HDD LED but I can't get it to work. It's 3 pins for some reason. I thought one pin since the wire was green, was a ground, but I don't think that's it. Was thinking of just soldering in my own after a bit. Also had to remove the floppy drive to fit the CPU cooler. But there is no front USB nor audio on the case, literally just 3 jumpers I could plug in, the 2 LEDs and the power button. Not even a reset switch.

oh yeah I remember that, I hate that shit

it just looks fucking weird with the black desu, that's really what triggers me the most about sleepers, feels like anything worth sticking in them has an overly dark color palette that just clashes too hard with the dull aluminum and beige plastics

they didn't really start going balls deep in colored I/O until the early 2000s though really, you still saw it for some ports like VGA but a lot of it was still not all hat colorful, or used a more muted palette than the stuff we have today

call autism all you want but the whole thing is in pursuit of aesthetics, might as well pay attention to them