TABLETS

Whats the best low tier (-$150)
mid tier ($150-$350
high tier ($350+)

thinking of getting a shield tablet as a daily driver

If it can't dualboot Windows, it's trash.

>daily driver
What you should do is kill yourself

>Windows

Not even once.

OP, the Shield Tablet is good by Android tablet standards, but that's like being the thinnest kid at fat camp. The only good tablet is the iPad, Air 2 or later.

Why do you insist on gimping your device with a cellphone OS?

I don't see how using an OS not originally made for touchscreens makes up for the software library.

Posted from my Venue 8 Pro

All you need is Chrome and it was designed for touch on Windows.

Other applications work just fine. You're just a retard.

I don't see how having the ability to use desktop software in addition to cellphone software is a con. I will never purchase an Android-only tablet again.

>Chrome
Uses more battery on Windows
>Other applications work just fine
Most applications are not really touch friendly or touch optimized.

It works fine as long as you don't have sausage fingers, in which case it's not Windows' fault you're a cow.

>It works fine
If it did, why is VLC back on the Windows Store.
If it did, why does Kodi need an official touch skin.
It doesn't work fine. It may be tolerable to some, but it is nowhere near fine.

I said it works fine, not that it works flawlessly. Of course touch designed apps will be better on a fucking touchscreen but regular apps work fine (as in satisfactory, not as in dude this shit's fucking perfection)

Fucking turbosperg.

they literally don't do anything

you have a phone

stop craving for stupid new gadgets man

i want one of these so bad

then fucking buy one.
>b4 unemployed child

It's not out though.

Also what's the best non Microsoft Windows tablet available?

I use a iPad Mini 4 for reading comics mainly at this point.

I'm 99% sure it's out

The iPad Air 2 is the best value.

One of Sup Forums's favorite memes regarding tablets is that they're "just a giant phone" or whatever. They hold this opinion primarily because they're poorfags and Apple haters, and, accordingly, only have experience with the poor excuse for a user experience that is tablet Android.

If they'd used an iPad, they'd know that it actually differs from its phone counterpart in many important ways, including layouts, menus, and formatting. Apps actually require specific optimizations to be listed as "iPad apps" in the App Store.

What I'm trying to say is, the iPad is a good UX. Only go for Air 2 or newer, though, because the Air 2 is the first to have 2GB RAM. The Pro is, of course, much better, but it costs twice as much. Air 2 has better price:performance.

Get an ipad or a surface pro. Android is good for nothing but shit and malware. Actually for the most part - both at the same time.

A tablet is a toy and not worth spending very much money on.
Just get a Kindle Fire 7"
It's as cheap as $40 and you can do just about anything you'd need to with it.
And it has a MicroSD card slot.

>no Windows
Dropped.

>A tablet is a toy and not worth spending very much money on.
hey faggit try reading my post
>A tablet is a toy and not worth spending very much money on.

If you want a tablet that runs windows, that's called a laptop.

Otherwise, just get a cheap tablet. and a good notebook pc.

>hey faggit try reading my post
I did you fucking cumdumpster. It was wrong.
>If you want a tablet that runs windows, that's called a laptop.
No. Laptops have a clamshell form factor, tablets have a slate form factor.

Blatant shill, fuck off

If you get a shit tablet that you can't trust not to stab you in the back - yes, it is a toy.

If you buy one that does things well and in a secure manner (ie does not have a store front full of viruses and a back end that actively reports everything you do for further ad revenue) You can work on it, relax and watch movies on it, read books, listen to music, play games, create music, paint, so on so forth - AND NOT HAVE TO CONSTANTLY WORRY ABOUT IT FUCKING YOUR LIFE.

Newsflash. All tablets run proprietary software, which reports back to master control to report on your usage.

If you're going to be spied on might as well do it on the cheap.

>No. Laptops have a clamshell form factor, tablets have a slate form factor.
So what? Something like a Lenovo Yoga is a badass PC and a decent tablet.

I've got a convertible and a tablet; different devices for different purposes.

>different devices for different purposes.

No, they're most definitely different, both the devices themselves and their purposes.

>their purposes.
ok explain

You seem to have jumped right over the part ABOUT THE FUCKING STORE FRONT FULL OF VIRUSES. Good job trying to avoid that one.

And are you really going to try to tell me the apple information collection is anywhere even in the ball part of the fucking iron giant that is google?

>2017
>tablets

I fell for the high end Android tablet meme a couple years ago, and while I use it daily along with a nice mount to watch videos in bed, it's nothing that a $50 Kindle Fire couldn't do.

Like, just the thought of taking a tablet with me outside the house and trying to do real work on it sounds absolutely ridiculous to me.

hello Pajeet
good work today

>are you really going to try to tell me the apple information collection is anywhere even in the ball part of the fucking iron giant that is google

LOL you think it isn't?

I got some swampland in Florida I want to sell you.

Nothing that he said is shilling. Get a fucking used Air 2 if you're fucking poor and it's going to blow anything that android has to offer out of the window. There are no good android tablets that don't sacrifice something and I'm saying that as a guy who uses a note 4 as his phone.

Which reminded me of this one

I know it isn't. You obviously have no idea how large google is into that shit.

>12" laptop convertible
It's my laptop, works as a larger tablet when I want a larger tablet.
>8" tablet
Nothing like carrying a desktop OS in your pocket. Don't do this as much now that I've got a UMPC but it's still wonderful. Use it for research mainly. Tablets are wonderful devices that you don't really think you have a use for till you get a nice one and then you find all sorts of convenient little uses for them. Plus I can dualboot into Android should I ever want to gimp it up with a cellphone OS.

>posts his opinion
>It was wrong.

how can you be this autistic?

He was trying to pass his opinions off as facts, in which case I was right to refute them.

>I know it isn't. You obviously have no idea how large google is into that shit.

LOL!!! You know what the cost of having a free app in the Apple App store? Data collection and advertisement. So every free app, and many non-free apps are harvesting your personal information, usage metrics, etc. like a bloodthirsty leech. But you're too much of an Apple fanboi to realize it. Fucking dumb.

You know, I think letting these kids canary the fucking android tablets may actually be for the better. It keeps the assholes that actually do hack shit going for the low hanging fruit. The people that design malware don't even bother with the effort of trying to make exploits when they can just walk right in the open front door of android, and have the OS say - "hey, did you have a really shady and broken piece of software for me to run?" "Well, of course you can just say you want access to the internet and get full root access, that is what my permissions are all about!"

Free app... Wow, You can just go line up over there with the rest of the kids.

>Free app... Wow, You can just go line up over there with the rest of the kids

LOL. Are you saying you only buy apps that cost money?

big tablets are retarded and unwieldy. if you want something over 8 inches, just get a fucking laptop. the only apple tablet i'd consider is the mini but i don't like not being able to root my devices easily so nah

"LOL"... a waste of my time.

Nope, I am saying you missed your bus and don't forget your helmet. I am done with you. I want you to enjoy the crap out of your android. And I want you to never look back - reach for the stars kid. It will keep people from reaching for mine.

yeah, I always found there to be no real happy medium when it came to tablet size myself. There is always some awkward zone for it no matter the size.

>uses apple
>calls me a retard

chirp chirp chirp little birdy. You just keep on chirping away as we roll on down this mine shaft.

Don't worry, we wont belittle your efforts, for when you fall we will know the air is toxic and unfit - and your sacrifice will not be in vain.

for one, bigger tablets are too floppy to thumb type in portrait with two hands. unless they're a different form factor. and another, bigger tablets weigh more and it may not seem like much but even a few grams will make you fatigue a lot faster than a smaller lighter device.

i'm not sure exactly yet but somewhere between 5-8" is likely ideal. anything else is too small or big. for tablets anyway..

Yeah, my big ass hands don't help. I have tried both sides of the coin, just can't find a comfortable fit. Have an 8.4 inch and it is too too small, but I get up into the 10 inch range and those are too big for some things as you say. Just no comfortable medium for me.

At above 8 inches I have no idea why you wouldn't just get an ultraportable laptop. You lose the wieldy aspect with a big ass tablet. What's the point?

>none
>none
>none
this isn't 2010 anymore, nobody cares about tablets.
Just get a better phone
>le apple is bad maymay

>tablets

Actually - funny you should mention that -Macbook air is what I carry around with me.