What's the consensus on Vivaldi, Sup Forums? I like it honestly...

What's the consensus on Vivaldi, Sup Forums? I like it honestly, it's like chrome but with some semblance of customizability.

Other urls found in this thread:

vivaldi.com/source/?lang=en
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>open vivaldi
>computer crashes
into the trash

The only browser that has the same great feel as chrome, without the botnet. Switched and never looked back.

It's shit 2bh.

Slower than ie6, not even joking.
Modern opera or chrome address both much MUCH better

It's a fucking website masquerading as a browser.

It's proprietary botnet.
Just use Chrome/Chromium.

What do you mean?

Stop being a paranoid faggot and use Chrome like a normal person

The whole UI's written in Node.JS or some other JS framework, it's essentially fullscreened Chromium web app.

>It's a proprietary botnet
>Just use these other proprietary botnets

Ok, so Chromium is a bit contested as to whether its an actual botnet, but I see it as one simply because of the fact that it is WAY too helpful at remembering everywhere you go and everything you do. I'll take the privacy of FF and its forks.

use edge

I'd rather use firefox

Stop being a faggot and use Chrome like a normal person

Not him, but why do you care which browser someone else uses?

Chinese botnet

I don't want to be a normie

Are calling me a Google shill? How dare you?! Google definitely does NOT pay me to shitpost on Sup Forums!

Never said that.

Slower at loading pages or slower at launching?

My install almost always took FOREVER to launch until i whitelisted the folder on defender.
It's as fast as any other browser now and i love it.

I tried it for a couple hours yesterday. I has some really annoying bugs and went back to Chrome.

Don't forget the time chromium devs added open source code that automatically and without notification or permission downloaded a binary blob that listened in on your microphone.

test

I use it as my backup browser, and waterfox as my main browser.
I don't think I could ever use a browser where I can't open new tabs by clicking with the mouse wheel on the tab bar as my main browser, since I have gotten so used to doing that.

electron.js?

>proprietary software
It's shit, desu senpai

It's my secondary clean browser for when I absolutely need a web page to load everything exactly as intended and I don't want to fuck with my Firefox extensions and scripts.

Pretty much this.
It's atrocious.

Use suckless/surf

I never use that function (ctrl+t masterrace) but I just tried that for you.
It works. Wheel click on tab bar opens a new tab.
Maybe they added it since the last time you tried it. They are still adding a bunch of features, and some aren't even well marketed (e.g. it has a session manager, but I discovered it by chance while changing some keyboard shortcuts).

Also I don't feel any difference in speed with any other browser.
I don't know what benchmark may say, but generally it's an irrelevant couple of milliseconds of difference, isn't it?

vivaldi.com/source/?lang=en

I'm genuinely curious. What kind of bugs?
I've been using it since the alpha an the only bug I had was sometimes a tab not closing until I manually switched to another one, and it was fixed in 1.4

Bugs were:
>Ridiculously fast scrolling speed, scrolling with touchpad or wheel was almost unusable.
>Link address not showing when I put my mouse over it

The first one is really annoying and can't think of a setting that may cause the problem.
Second one probably was just a stupid default in the settings, pic related.

But yeah, I can see how the scrolling one is really a dealbreaker.

slow and clunky as fuck. it's a fucking mess. why would a sane person use that piece of shit is beyond me.

Because on my machine is neither slow nor clunky and it actually offers a lot of stuff other browsers don't.

How do you know it's not botnet. It's closed source and takes forever to open

what features does it offer that aren't in any other browser?
Browser are the most bloatware shit in existence.

Sessions.
Tayloring the interface without extensions.
Tayloring tab behaviour.
The f2 launchbar, coupled with nicknames.
Tayloring all keyboard shortcuts natively.
Sidepanel instead of new tab for bookmarks, downloads, notes.

Firefox can do some of this without extensions, but not all.
Any other browser plainly can't do any of this shit.

It's the only browser that I can really set up to look and behave like I want.

No browser sync
No Android version
Lame.

i've used it for about a year. it's great now, but i understand people who say it's buggy and slow - it was, for a long time.
they're on 1.6 now, ever since 1.5 it's been really smooth and reliable. i'd go as far to say it's a perfectly-suitable 'main driver' browser.

it's got more shortcuts than chrome, less botnet, and - most importantly - it isn't subject to google's random "we're implementing this new fuck-stupid feature and you're all using it" nonsense.

>profile switcher for single-user installations that just takes up space
>smooth scrolling only configurable via a chrome flag that could be deprecated at any time

using chrome is literally being cucked by google by this point. at least it's not firefox though.

>tfw i have a d&d character named vivaldi
>tfw he is literally the jew merchant

Chromium, you fucking idiot.

crashes on YouTube

its trash. dont support it.

On your machine.

As people gets annoyed at the "works on my machine" thing we should get as annoyed at the "doesn't work on my machine" as an argument.

Thanks Vivaldi employee

I wish

I recently uninstalled it. I sometimes install it to see if it has become functional, but it has not yet.

It is the best looking browser, but takes 5 minutes to open a new tab and other stupid stuff that destroys the functionality.

opera >>

Opera or Chropera

The Tree Style Tab thing still isn't quite good enough.

Once that's fixed I'll give it another whirl.

both

no
Opera > SeaMonkey > Firefox > Chropera > the rest

>ubuntu font
get the fuck out you filthy sub-human

>people complaining about start-up times and new tab times
wew lads
The only real issues I've come across are separating tabs into new windows is legitimately slow and clunky. And loading pages is a little slower than chrome and the like, but it's probably just a setting.
Other than that, I love it way more than chromium and especially firefox.

>opera
>2016