now that the dust has settled, whats your honest opinion on windows 10

Other urls found in this thread:

classicshell.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6434&p=28042
winaero.com/blog/windows-7-games-for-windows-10-anniversary-update-and-above/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Trash

/thread

>now that the dust has settled
I really fucking hate you. I mean that in the most sincere way possible. I hope you stub your toe and lose some skin.

decent os

bad "apps"

fpbp

step in the wrong direction

caters to retards, which is ok, but it doesn't give options to turn it into power user machine

Pretty much this.

ALSO, someone made a .webm that showed someone doing local searches on a WIN10 machine, with Wireshark running in the background. With every mouse click, the OS communicated with the outside world. I thought I had this .webm here, but I cannot find it. If anyone knows it, it would be good to see it posted here.

this can't be real

2 years passed since the first consumer preview, and I still have to fake my region to make Cortana work for even the simplest of tasks that have nothing to do with region.

It's like their fucking mobile OS. The OS itself is not enough when there is zero support to properly utilize the OS.

I won't switch from 8.1 until I get 100% of the intended features outside 'murica!

hate microsoft but I'm too normie to care about linux so I use some pirated version of 10 that removes the botnet, waiting for my credentials to be hacked. Not going to deal with using ugly bootloaders for macOS or use aero on 7.

so far, it's fine. All the ways it's changed are in ways i don't even use, so i don't even fucking care

niggers complaining about "hurr muh solitaire ads", just download the old version of solitaire. when was the last time you even fucking played solitaire anyway?

use disable win tracking to get rid of as much botnet as you want, but be warned that by removing botnet, it disables certain features like not being able to download anything off of the microsoft store (blocking certain microsoft ip's make it impossible to connect to them)

other than tin foil hat concerns, all my pirated games still work upgrading from 7, i can use a local account just like 7 that doesn't require me to have a microsoft id, so many more drivers for my hard ware right out of the box, gui is a nice refresh from aero aside from some icon design choices, etc. etc.

it's a lot nicer experience as an end user. if you're worried about the botnet, go use linux.

Not part of the OS.
Not even installed by default.

Kys.

It made me switch to macOS.

Does this upset you?

Ram usage is a shit

Else it's kinda fine

No because I'm not autistic.

Pape please?

>one for normies and people who don't care
>one for old users who cling to the past

what's the problem

Nice excuse to justify a poorly put together pile of shit

Speaking of..

This

Then go back to iOS if you want your one and only way of cut and paste.

The desktop part is fine. Finally there's some degree of keyboard controls, a subpar but working console shell, and a primitive tiling window manager. Still light years away from a real OS but already more usable on a laptop than previous ones. Also, there's a cygwin killer built in. Works well so far.

Regarding the apps and the botnet, I've bought a torrent of LGBT edition, and cut the telemetry out of the installation image, so I can't say anything about them. And I'm using a third-party tool to manage updates so it doesn't bother me.

Give me that old start menu that old people would use

>not using Classic Shell

So.. where's is my built in olldfag shell? Don't tell me you gotta install a shell that fucks my bootloader up.

If there are two different control panel just for "le 2 kinds of ppl XDD" there should be two kind of built in start menu

It's basically windows 7 with muh flat design and muh botnet.

works on my machine, friendo

How does Classic Shell fucks up your bootloader up? Start making sense.

win7 is unusable with keyboard only though
win8 was a bit better, win10 is okay

Works? Of course. Put two control panels up, put ads on start menu, taskbar, context menu and the fucking explorer - sure. Retarded wintoddlers will defend the POS garbage """OS""" by saying "just works XDD" exactly like mactoddlers.

classicshell.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6434&p=28042

2015 LTSB is the only non-buggy build. 2016 LTSB and Server 2016 are glitchy even in a standard VMWare environment. As for CB and CBB, there is no way that could be stable throughout the entire lifespan as long as you must upgrade your build to a newer one.

>Not even installed by default.

it is

>niggers complaining about "hurr muh solitaire ads", just download the old version of solitaire. when was the last time you even fucking played solitaire anyway?

>your hammer doesn't work? lol just use it sideways, it's not so comfortable but it works

LGBT edition here, what ads are you talking about?

Any software can be hacked or can contain a zero day, that's not new. People used to trust OpenSSH some day.

If I could disable DWM ("Aero") on 10 I'd be using it right now.
But I can't, so I'm stuck with 7.

Overall 10 is not finished, though. It still feels a bit beta quality.

>put ads on start menu, taskbar, context menu and the fucking explorer - sure.

literally none of these things are present on my installation of windows 10. after using this for a while i can really pin point who's actually used the OS and who just complains about it with boogey man tactics based on what others shill to them. get fucking over it. you faggots sound as stupid as the windows xp faggots did about vista and then 7. i'd agree with you about 8/8.1, but jesus fucking christ. at least have complaints that are true.

>Muh LGBT edition
Isn't that the garbage version that's deprived of the latest features? Last I checked you can't even change that insanely massive white active title bar.

Also
>Duplicate control panel

wow that analogy couldn't be more retarded if it tried

winaero.com/blog/windows-7-games-for-windows-10-anniversary-update-and-above/

literally just download the old versions of the games.

>not true
Yeah totally beloved you right there, faggot ass unpaid shill

>over 25
>still playing video games
>still using windows

grow up kiddo

The presence of those ads is well documented (he even forgot to mention the ads on the lock screen).
Not everybody gets them all the time, but it's certainly possible to get all of those or just a few.

Why the fuck would you even dispute that when it's well known.
You're giving all Indians a bad name with your shilling.

> new features are bad and a botnet
> but being deprived of botnet is also bad
Doesn't compute buddy

Solitare isn't part of the install disc
a shortcut is

pic unrelated
wtf captcha

>here's a credible source
>uses a screenshot of google images

fuck man you totally got me

the presence of those ads are in insider preview builds only, and disappeared as soon as windows stopped being free. those documents will tell you that if you cared to look.

(You)

Oh right, so you gotta go full botnet or no built in Linux.

>the presence of those ads are in insider preview builds only,
Wow epic XD.

Lowest quality of damage control

>Changing the color of titlebar needs botnet
Trash

there are no ads on the taskbar, context menu or explorer you mongoloid and disabling the start menu ads is easy. they shouldn't be there in the first place but getting rid of them isn't hard

>be over 25
>kids watch me play games
>make 12 million dollars a year

I bet you don't make this much

you probably get pussy though

I like how you quickly backpedal and go "I-If I hide them they'll go away"

Dumb shit wincuckold gtfo LMAO

cool argument bro. why is it that you're the only one not willing to back up your accusations with credible sources

>click bait article
and you're accusing me of damage control.

fresh webm related. show me the ads boys

>taskbar
See pic, this started recently.

>explorer
It occasionally "reminds" you that you can use OneDrive, I believe this also started recently.

shortcut to the toggle

as for onedrive, it's done this for ages, but I have been seeing it more often recently

regardless, I use expandrive for accessing the 10TB of storage to 1drv, until such time where the native one isn't a pile of shit

>show me ad boizz :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD I've hidden them, millions of articles are just clickbaits XDXDXDDDD

Hasn't windows been like this for years

even the sysadmins at the school I went to had pinball and shit on the machines

now instead of pinball, we have normie game candy crush

>See pic, this started recently.

-why are you using edge
-why do you have two browsers pinned to your task bar
-why is the store pinned to your task bar
-how long have you even been using windows 10
-are you even using windows 10
-uninstall onedrive. windows xp had bloat (msn nonsense), windows 7 had bloat, windows 8 had bloat. you uninstall everything you don't want. windows 10 has bloat. it doesn't stop you from doing that. so why not just uninstall the bloat

>i've hidden them
i've never fucking seen them ever, matey. even if i have hidden them, wouldn't that fix the fucking issue? if they're not in my start menu, context menu, task bar, action center, etc. etc, wouldn't that mean that there's in fact, no fucking problem whatsoever?

i have enterprise, and i've not seen a single ad for candy crush.

I don't even have that store and app framework installed in the first place, I've just deleted everything from the image before installing it, so no idea what you're talking about.

I could live with it, then it installed flash by itself
Fuck no

I literally said they shouldn't be there but getting rid of them isn't hard. Good job passing basic reading comprehension

That's fucking shit. I haven't seen it yet though, or anything to do with OneJew

Windows always had a handful of preinstalled games. But they were just sitting there, never went online, probably using 5MB of disk space at most. Unless you went looking for them you wouldn't even know they exist.

Now targeted ads, games and other demoware/crapware gets installed automatically with updates, uses your bandwidth, gets placed in the Start menu, nags you and the only way to turn that off completely is if you have Enterprise or Education.

>i've never fucking seen them ever
Yeah sure these are just photoshops right

>and the only way to turn that off completely is if you have Enterprise or Education.

so? this is Sup Forums isn't it? why would anyone on Sup Forums willingly cuck themselves into using anything but the highest tier version of a software

Gee i dunno man is this

whoops forgot my context menu

Probably this is

Definately

OH FUCK NIGGER I FOUND THE ADS

SAME HERE FUCKING PAJEET

ad thread?
Ad thread

never encountered that in my version. i can even customize my login/lock screen pretty easily. webm related.

still waiting for you to show me those ads in any of the shit i showed you

More like one for memephones and one for PCs.

>le windows 10 ads meem

you know if you spend like half a minute after installing the OS you can disable/delete all of that shit, right? at least on enterprise.

I'm just showing you my mad photoshop skills bro, ads never existed in windows 10

Where do i get Windows 10 enterprise key on the cheap? My shit computer says my keys are invalid and i don't remember the one that came with it

what do you mean there was no ad in windows 10

It's time for you to go back to the Linux section on reddit.

>Where do i get Windows 10 enterprise key on the cheap?

You can't buy Enterprise unless you're a company.

So where are they on my machine, friend

It feels like Windows 8 with a stupider interface. Also it enabled automatic updates by itself three times now after I disabled them. This is intolerable.

I prefer Windows Server 2016.

Aethists 0 Windows 1 :DDD

I swear there is no ad guys, all photoshopped

I would if I knew how to operate it

internet zone memes
but it keeps the server safe

hate to be that guy who browses the internet from a server :^)

nice meme. where is it on my machine?

These are just photoshops