/hpg/ - Headphone General

~~ PLEASE USE THIS FORM TO GET PURCHASE ADVICE ~~
>Headphone purchase advice
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub (embed)

Please put some effort into your requests and questions.
If you dislike a suggestion, explain why and try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked.

>Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ:
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

last

Other urls found in this thread:

usa.philips.com/c-m-so/fidelio-audio/fidelio-headphones/latest#filters=FIDELIO_HEADPHONES_SU&sliders=&support=&price=&priceBoxes=&page=&layout=96.newest.p-grid-icon
shop.panasonic.com/audio-and-video/headphones/over-ear-on-ear-headphones#
usa.philips.com/c-m-so/headphones/latest#filters=ON_OVER_EAR_HEADPHONES_SU,IN_EAR_HEADPHONES_SU,BLUETOOTH_HEADPHONES_SU,SPORTS_HEADPHONES_SU,KIDS_HEADPHONES_SU,INDOOR_HEADPHONES_SU&sliders=&support=&price=&priceBoxes=&page=&layout=96.newest.p-grid-icon
shop.panasonic.com/audio-and-video/headphones/premium-studio-headphones/RP-HTF600-S.html
meier-audio.homepage.t-online.de/.
addictedtoaudio.com.au/products/sennheiser-hd600-audiophile-reference-hifi-stereo-headphones
addictedtoaudio.com.au/products/schiit-audio-fulla-2-usb-dongle-dac-headphone-amplifier
service.sennheiser.com.au/consumer/products/hifi-and-tv-headphones/hd-650/dynamic-neodymium-capsule-300r.html
is.Sup
twitter.com/AnonBabble

does anyone have any opinions on Audio Technica's Solid Bass line of headphones? I'm thinking of getting the ws1100is

what were the meme cheapo panasonic or philips headphones that are posted from time to time? Blue-silver ones , cant remember the name and my are on the bring of death, need something cheap and ok fast.

brink*

th02/8323

they're the same ones you're using now? Just post a picture of them

Would these links jog your memory? Which headphone?

usa.philips.com/c-m-so/fidelio-audio/fidelio-headphones/latest#filters=FIDELIO_HEADPHONES_SU&sliders=&support=&price=&priceBoxes=&page=&layout=96.newest.p-grid-icon

shop.panasonic.com/audio-and-video/headphones/over-ear-on-ear-headphones#

usa.philips.com/c-m-so/headphones/latest#filters=ON_OVER_EAR_HEADPHONES_SU,IN_EAR_HEADPHONES_SU,BLUETOOTH_HEADPHONES_SU,SPORTS_HEADPHONES_SU,KIDS_HEADPHONES_SU,INDOOR_HEADPHONES_SU&sliders=&support=&price=&priceBoxes=&page=&layout=96.newest.p-grid-icon

nah i have some shitty gaymur ones. Also im generally intrested in something over-ear and cheap thats acceptable to put into the motherboards card.

shop.panasonic.com/audio-and-video/headphones/premium-studio-headphones/RP-HTF600-S.html probably those. thx man

Anyway if someone knows ok headphones ~60dolaroos im interested, but bear in mind im a poorfag and the best headphones i had on my head were sennheisers hd 280 pro, not mine though.

see maybe hyperx cloud/takstar pro 80, if you can use open, maybe hd681/hd668b

>hyperx cloud
nah i have an standalone mic , and i do not use it much too.
>superlux hd668b
that looks pretty cool, and is cheap, maybe i will add that to my shitty list. Thanks user.

post em

Buy Grado

HD 800
HD 650
HE-500
ER-4PT
SE535

Many shitty in-ears, some of older headphones which are now sold or scrapped and plenty of devices to plug headphones into. Shit to get in the future? Maybe a better desktop unit for audio and a DSP thing with room response correction for living room.

if anyone wants to buy my cloud cores and is in melb aust area lemme know

Hey guys,
I'm by no means an expert in headphone related stuff so I need your help.

I'm looking to buy some wireless Bluetooth headphones for work to use with my phone.
Budget is not a problem.
Even though they'd probably be cheaper online, I'd prefer it if I could go pick them up at bestbuy on my lunch hour.

I'm fine with either IEMs or full sized, though I'd prefer closed full sized.

I'm just looking for good sound quality, noise cancelation (both outside noise and prevent others around me from being bothered by what I'm listening to)
And comfort most importantly. Most IEMs seem to fall out of my ear easily and I'm just sick of cords getting in the way of me typing.

Thanks

a budget might help

bose QC35 for best bluetooth noise cancellation if youve got the money

People suggested odac 2 but since I am going to Germany I will get this instead meier-audio.homepage.t-online.de/. R8 my m8s.

>he posted the useful guide again!

add portapros REEEEEEEEEEE

nice website

Can someone explain sound difference between HD650 and K712?

K712 are warmer. Have a wider soundstage.

I'd argue that 600's are better than 650's, but if you find the 600's too boring, just go straight to a warmer more fun headphone like the 712's.

I chuckled.

I think that this is at best some middle age german dude, even his facebook page is somewhat recent.
It's noticiably smaller than odac combo and should power my hd600 at decent levels as well. There is other, stronger version but that's an amp only. Also, it's build like a panzer and I like it's looks more, plus I am a faggot that likes to go with things different to what other people have.

Remind me Sup Forums, which Superlux should I get?

Some user recommended me the SPH9500 for gaming and music on my PC.
Any thoughts on the SPH9500?
I'm also thinking about getting the HiFiMAN RE-400for my phone, an HTC 10.
Is it better than the bundled High-Res Earphones from HTC?

Wider soundstage is nice. What about treble?

662 EVO
better than the 681 EVO

668B is only decent if you replace the pads. even then they need either EQ, or something to filter out the highs.

I personally find the treble in the 650's slightly too veiled for my liking. 600's hit the sweet spot. K712's do it fine in my experience.

>new pads on the cloud but not the 7506
aren't the pads on the 7506 way worse?

Also, how is the bass on the 7506, I know it's weak but does it EQ well?
I'm considering getting either the hyperx cloud or the 7506, because as far as I can tell there's no good open V shaped headphone between 668b & DT880 and DT880's price is a bit steep for me at this point

9500's are good. If you can find HD 558's for cheaper, I'd go for those because of improved comfort and slightly more consumer oriented sound.

Either one is great.

Can't comment on the RE-400's, though I've heard they have build issues. Don't take my word on them though. I'm not an IEM guy.

What's a cheap and good DAC?

I've only had the 681 evo, sound pretty good for the price but the build quality sucks, the strap will snap eventually and you'll have to super glue it

how cheap
just dac or dac amp

Thanks to the user who recommended me the Kingston Hyper x cloud core headset, they are bretty good!

>aren't the pads on the 7506 way worse?
Yep. I use my 7506 for monitoring though, so I don't use them for long, and changing pads changed the sig too much. Detail was lost due to soundstage too.

>Also, how is the bass on the 7506
Bass is detailed, but not that present.

>I know it's weak but does it EQ well?
No idea. I don't EQ them.

>I'm considering getting either the hyperx cloud or the 7506,
Clouds are probably a better choice. Better built, and not as sibilant as 7506.

>because as far as I can tell there's no good open V shaped headphone between 668b & DT880 and DT880's price is a bit steep for me at this point

Check out Takstar HI2050 or SEA1000. Both are great. SEA's are more V-shaped, and are a lot easier to find nowadays, with Takstar being changed to ISK, and reported driver issues over at /csg/ make me kind of skeptical.

SEA1000's need replacement pads, but you can get fairly cheap ebay velour ones that do the trick. I have them on my 668B

>Also, how is the bass on the 7506, I know it's weak but does it EQ well?

Not him, but i think the bass of the 7506 is the best part of the phone, you can EQ frairly well, also you can get better isolation and a little higher bass with new pads.

I can't find the HD 558 for less than 100$ (which is about my budget) that ships to Brazil, unfortunately.
The 9500 are, however, pretty cheap on ebay for some reason.

FWIW, G930's sound good by have 16kHz mic, nice wireless range, but fail around microwaves, good battery life, but twitchy firmware logic. (poweroff and mute sometimes need a pinhole reset)

weird selection

>by have 16kHz mic
W-what?

Why is that?

*but have a 16kHz mic, and yes, it's terrible.
to save on wireless bandwidth

Sure.

>Budget
Around 600 AUD.

>Location
Australia

>Source
PC

>Type of headphone
Full, Over ear.

>Open or closed
Open

>Comfort level
VERY comfortable. Long listening.

>Sound signature
Balanced

>Past headphones
ATH M50's

What should I get fellas?

HD 600's and a DAC/amp

HD650 and Schiit Fulla 2.

addictedtoaudio.com.au/products/sennheiser-hd600-audiophile-reference-hifi-stereo-headphones
addictedtoaudio.com.au/products/schiit-audio-fulla-2-usb-dongle-dac-headphone-amplifier
service.sennheiser.com.au/consumer/products/hifi-and-tv-headphones/hd-650/dynamic-neodymium-capsule-300r.html
TOTAL=673.36 AUD

the fuck is that third thing? new drivers?

*two $72.93 drivers

HD650 drivers. Fuck paying $428 for new HD650. Sennheisers have easily replaceble parts.

Thanks bro.

How's the Fulla 2? Does it pair well with the HD 600s? Upgrading from DT770 80 ohms with a FiiO E6.

sennshills fuck off

>If you dislike a suggestion, explain why and try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked.

400i + dac/amp
if they're horribly overpriced or unavailable there, HD600 might be a decent option as well

have you tried the e6 with the 600? might work without having to upgrade

Is this still accurate or have times changed?

It still has Obama's face on it so it's obivously outdated.

No. ADx series easily outdoes HD 800's for vidya.
Music is something else.

>sennheiser
lol

never post this again

Could've gotten a pair of 650's for 160 bucks, but I'm too poor

Brand new? Link?

Brand new, from a local store that's bankrupt and selling everything at 50 %.

could probably have resold it for more easily

Maybe, if anyone went to his store at all.

I mean you, silly

what's a good seal? like is it just the pads adjusting to your head over time, not position or anything?

a good seal usually comes down to two components, the pads and the clamp

Probably, but I'm out out of a job and I don't want to loan money.

Depends on the material the pads are made out of, how 'cushion-y' the pads are, the shape of both your head, and the pads/cups themselves, and how hard the headphone clamps.

I'm sorry whats wrong with the HD800?

ayy

you spent far too much money on this

trying to decide between X2 and Argon

am i right in thinking their sound signature is pretty similar with the main difference being X2 being easier to drive, and having fartier bass due to being open back?

wasn't considering the X2 at all until yesterday when i noticed someone on ebay selling them for $175USD. if they're that much cheaper than the argons+amp and not fake i might go for it.

Are sweaty ears with closed headphones and issue for anyone else?

So my Piston 3 is dying, should I get the Xiaomi Hybrid? If not, then what should I get within the sae price range?
It will be used roughly so it needs to be cheap.

Yep.

Other than LCD2's which aren't hugely expensive second hand, his set-up is hardly anything out of this world. Quite pedestrian in fact. Sanskrits are cheap, and so are TA-01's. The rest of his set up is entry to mid-fi.

Depends on the earpad material more than if its closed or open. DT 770's dont make my ears sweat at all, yet I've used hifimans with ZMF pads and such that are quite swamp ass tier.

no
HJE125/another piston 3

Neither have incredibly accurate low end, though I'll say Argons do beat out the X2's for tightness. X2's have more recessed mids, and the highs are more present.

Argons have better sub-bass too, though still not competitive with DT770's [though good luck finding anything even remotely similarly priced that does]

Argons do imaging better, and X2's have more width. [though both are still incredibly wide, especially the Argons for being closed]

I prefer Argons for comfort with lambskin pads, but X2's are also incredibly comfortable.

X2's don't necessarily require a separate amp, and are easily satisfied off onboard, assuming you have a relatively recent motherboard. Argon's absolutely do need a solid amp, so you have to factor at least an extra $50 for a DIY O2 or something, if you don't already have one.

Why is that? I just checked their site and it seems like they have new ones they call 'Mi In-Ear Headphones Pro HD', but I can't find any good reviews for it.
I forgot to mention that it'll be used with an iPhone, the Piston 3 can control the volume, play/pause/next/previous, pretty much everything I need.
So if the new Xiaomis or the Panasonic one you mentioned can't do that then I guess I'll just get another Piston 3.

hybrids are worse and more expensive

Reminder that HD650 > HD600

>posts the image that clearly shows 600 is better again
??????????

So you can make headphones have less clamping force by stretching them out, is there any way to make them have more clamping force? Mine use an exposed metal headband and I was thinking to maybe wrap it in duct tape or some shit so it has more resistance to flexing, but I don't know if it would be a wasted effort.

Tonality. HD 650 is flatter, less peaky in the treble. Both have a little warmer than neutral sound signature. Build is obviously different, whichever you prefer is subjective. Sensitivity is in the similar ballpark.

probably
I wouldn't use duct tape, that sounds retarded, just cram it between two pillows between two heavy things or something

>$175

I see that on eBay too, but there's no returns. Amazon has them for $200 after a $50 discount, not sure which to pick.

Anybody here think it would be worth it to spend the extra money and get the X2's through Amazon just in case I don't like them and want to return them?

I'm sure there's a good chance I'll like them. I primarily listen to rock, hip-hop, and pop. They've been described as good for those. But on the off-chance I don't like them, I'll be salty that I can't return them.

>sennheiser

>judging things based on their brand
is.Sup Forums.org/g/1482343500586.gif

650 vs X2?
Which is actually better?
Which one is better for big ears?

Somehow these kinds of useless shitposts have come back recently with the same reaction images. Who are you and who let you use the Internet again?

>actually better
You are mostly asking for opinions. I think HD 650 because it's more flat.
>big ears
X2 more likely. Better try them out before buying or order from a place with nice return policy.

How loud to headphones need to get before damage is caused by them? Been doing some reading and it seems like unless you have a stupidly powerful amp it's impossible to damage stuff, I'm just running mine off my motherboard so is 100% volume fine?

Budget: $150

Source: Computer (USB But am willing to shell out extra cash for things like converters and what not)

Type: Closed eared as i live with others.

Comfort level: Decently comfort for wear of upwards of 5+ Hours at a time. I work from home and will be wearing them all day.

>usb
pls

give preferred sound profile, if you don't know, give music you listen to or if you'll use for games/movies

Do you have a working stereo 3,5mm jack output in this computer of yours? DT770 is so.