Is Windows 10 the only usable OS on a laptop other than Macbooks&Business Laptops?

Is Windows 10 the only usable OS on a laptop other than Macbooks&Business Laptops?

>Install Fedora 25 on laptop
>fan is mad, laptop gets hot
>can't turn keyboard backlight off
>3hour battery life at full charge (gets 7hours on Windows)

>I can't into power management

Why do people still install Fedora when Solus exists and is superior in every way?

>what is tlp
>what is powertop
>using the heaviest de

Like all Linux questions, the answer is "Ubuntu"
people on Sup Forums so concerned with credibility they ignore the flagship distribution (that over half of all Linux users have installed) because people on Sup Forums will call them noobs

I tried tlp and it increase the time by only 30~50min
and powertop wouldn't be useful in my case because I was only running chrome
I tried gnome because it had good hidpi support

hackintosh

didn't try ubuntu yet, but would it solve issues like heat, fan noise, and keyboard backlight?

>Windows on a laptop
I've gone through some pretty shitty stuff in my time, but none were as horrible as the time I tried this.

Ubuntu GNOME

To be completely fair, Windows 10 heats up almost just as much (only 3-4 degrees less or so)

>7hours
No wifi and bullthist.

What laptop is it? Also, besides powertop and tlp, you need to check what kernel you're running. The kernel moves fast and battery life will change between releases. There are power management kernel options that may not be enabled by default on the kernel your distro is currently using.

...working on new GUI OS, gonna be a bit...

>didn't try ubuntu yet, but would it solve issues like heat, fan noise, and keyboard backlight?

Does this shirt make me look fat?
No. The Fat makes you look fat.

>fedora
found the problem

Literally every lintard reply is always like:

>>[Distro I don't like]
>"Found the problem. Install le gentoo xd"

Because anything written in Rust is going to fall to SJW cucking within 2 years.

The guy is asking for a distro to fix his problem with his 100% open source DIY os.

Literally yes.

>wants battery life
>uses Chrome

>W10
>usable

my point was that fedora is objectively one of the worst distros, OP could have installed ubuntu, manjaro, debian, arch or even gentoo for that matter and would been better off because these are solid choices whereas fedora is literally just a testbed for RHEL so of course the experience on fedora is going to be shit.

this is OP
I just installed Ubuntu & tlp
battery time on the indicator is 6hours on full charege(wifi&chrome)
fans are quiet
I guess the problem was Fedora