wccftech.com/intel-core-i7-7700k-core-i5-7600k-kaby-lake-review/

WHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA DOA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zqihmsDj9Uo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

ฺB-B-But it's currytech.

>Pentium G4600
>2/4
If they can be OC'd like the skylakes can be, that will be the new price/performance king.

I'm pretty sure everyone who knows about skylake non-K OC is wondering this question

Now its upto motherboard vendors to implement/bypass the intel restriction. ASRock, make it happen.

youtube.com/watch?v=zqihmsDj9Uo
unlocked i3-7350k review

jewed

tl;dr even the OC'd dualcore-hyperthread is showing its age and can't keep up in modern games compared to even the older stock sandy bridge i5. However its still better than AMD FX 8370 series by far.

>draw more power than the 6700k

Yep. Getting a locked i5 7400 is a much better investment. The only thing unlocked i3 would be better for is if you want to build a dolphin/emulation machine and absolutely want best single core performance but you don't want to pay for unlocked i5.

digits confirm intel housefires

krappy fake $hilltel gore iSemen end of life (cooler not included in a box) edition

Jesus Christ, Intel is trying hard to be the new housefire meme. How does it even reach such high temps, isn't it supposed to have a lowish TDP? Even with that big OC, it's too fucking high of a temperature.

>get skylake i5 6400 for $150
>OC it to 4.5 Ghz
It gets same performance as 6600K OC'd to 4.5Ghz

Sorry to break it to you, but there's Zen.

Ofcourse, but its just a speculation.

If there's 4c Zen @ sub $80 and performs near i5 range, it will be a beast.

>6 core CPU beats a 4 core CPU

Nothing to see here. Did you seriously expect 50% gains across 2 years? This isn't the 90s anymore.

suck my 5820

vs

OP's laughing at that.

>6700k
>139w
>7700k
>165w
>almost the same performance

J U S T. ITS A FUCKING 6700K OC WITH A NEW IGPU CONFIRMED

>Intel had already stated that Kaby Lake would be nothing more than an optimized product of the generation that came before it

They are not selling current fx 83** below $100. 4c/8t Zen is rumored to be around $150 by chink 3rd parties

The 7700k is just shit because of the IHS. If you could OC it to 5.1ghz out of the box like you apparently can with the 7600k it would be great.
That said, a 7600k at 5.1ghz would be a huge upgrade from a 2500k.

look the stock 6700k stupid nigger

Maybe next line we'll have a proper 4790k successor.

bad thermal compound, apparently. people have reduced the temps by as much as 25C by delidding.

So zen has a real shot here, huh? Literally 6700 = 7700 ? Wtf intel

Intel's waiting for their 8000 series to unreal a real punch, or they'll just suck their own dicks and cum money due to their already inflated reputation.

Coffee Lake is still 14nm, don't be surprised if it Skylake v3 but with 6 cores

>inflated
It's not exactly hard for them considering the AMD blunder after blunder.

We really need a third option that's not ARM.

You'd think they wouldn't cheap out on shit like thermal compound on a $350 CPU, but I guess Intel's inner jew knows no bounds.

Dear anons, think about it, give more thoughts about it.

Intel has huge assets compared to AMD.

If Intel tech management thought AMD Ryzen would be really threatening, they could have released something better.

But they didn't...

Tbh I don't see Ryzen beating Caby Lake performance / price wise.

AMD won't sell the Ryzen CPUs cheaper than Intel does.

>optimized

who even cares if its all for gaming and nobody makes good games anymore and traditionally the best games have the worst graphics?

even if AMD had better performance, Intel would sell more CPUs anyway

They just dont give a fuck

mfw We are about to enter the age of AMD

Ive never understood this logic. Why get an expensive motherboard and a cheap cpu. I use the g3258 because it was overclockable but didnt need an expensive mobo.

bought a $30 msi for my g3258.
oc up to 4.3GHz but still stutter in MGSV.
should have bought an athlon 760k instead.

>If Intel tech management thought AMD Ryzen would be really threatening, they could have released something better.

herp derp. the ONLY reason they're releasing anything at all is because of ryzen. they hoped they'd have cannonlake but they're at least a year off being able to ramp 10nm production to a level that they deem marketable, but they still wanted to pretend they have something new to compete with. thats why they released an entire """""generation""""", (actually two if you count coffee lake) of chips that are basically overclocked skylake. only dumbfucks are impressed by kaby lake and coffee lake and only dumbfucks believe this was a move of complacency rather than sheer desperation. intel are terrified of losing their x86 market share right now.

>only dumbfucks believe this was a move of complacency rather than sheer desperation. intel are terrified of losing their x86 market share right now.

Wow guys, I guess we got an expert here with insider information.

>you're pretending to have insider information because you're talking about what's common knowledge

what a fucking retard lmao. i bet you Sup Forumsermin tourists will be first in line on launch day for your 7350k's

Nah, I am not buying a dual core cpu.

in all seriousness it will be bad for intel, they are too big to lose even 5% of revenue - heads will roll

I just got a 6600. Do I do good Sup Forums?

>7600K is functionally better than 7700K

kek

Ryzen is gonna make a killing

Trips don't lie

Are they even trying anymore?

> only 8MB cache
> in the year 2017

Don't do this guys.

>not even having L3$
back into your primitive mud huts, AMDrones

What the fuck do you faggots do that utilizes these FPUs?

Render 3D sissy white fuccbois getting their assholes reamed by big black veiny dicks

So.... you'll play honeyselect at 4K?

current fx 83xxx are considered high end (from amds perspective) and it's the end of their lifetime. that's why they're so cheap.

expect their 4c8t cpus to be priced at

>just bought a kaby lake lappy

uh oh... send help bros Imma kys myself if this is ture

FGT thats my meme you stole from reddit

>people buying kabylake for whatever fucking reason

Pics related, i5-6400 @ 4.44 Gigahertz

>Post Zen being the disappointment it is
>BUT CURRYTECH MUH AMD

>Post Intel CPU losing to much more powerful 6+ cores
>Ah yes, currytech, the epitome of true news!

>6400

literally cucked yourself with single-core performance worse than the skylake i3

this

Reread the post.

Also Post your scores and we'll see

If AMD use Zen to get 10% of the server market, their R&D budget just skyrocketed. If AMD manage 25% of the server market it places Intel in a very tight space.

I can already hear retards yelling about Intel being worth so much more, they wouldn't be in a tight space, ect. Yes they would, they still own all of their fabs, and those are expensive as fuck. More over, their staffing is bloated because they have the extra income from market dominance. Should AMD take a moderate chunk of the enterprise and server markets Intel is going to be reeling. And since the EU and FTC are both keeping an eye on Intel this time around they probably wouldn't get away with shady deals again, many of the OEM's got in trouble for that shit too, so they likely won't be lining up to take the cash this time.

I don't care, I'm finally going to get Netflix 4K when I order my iMac with an i7 7700s. Kaby Lake!

Damn Ryzen is going to blow this shit out of the water

kinda want to pick up a 7350k for emulation. the entire kaby lake release is useless outside of that

I hope the price for the i5 6600k falls a bit with the new Kabylake cpus.

I doubt that the first generation Zen cpus of AMD can beat the 6600k.

>Implying Intel hasn't been stockpiling tech for two decades because AMD can't compete.

There is a reason Intel is always better.

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be seeing in that graph

Somebody please explain to me like I'm a retard how this is in any way unexpected. Kaby Lake is literally the same architecture and process as Sky Lake

Aside from the odd $20 off sale it won't change much until it's out of stock. They never do.

Honestly I think releasing the Kaby Lake code name publicly just hurts intel from a marketing standpoint among tech enthusiasts. Everyone that's paying attention knows this is just a rebrand. They'd have been better off just calling it Skylake 2 or Skylake Enhanced or something. Instead of the focus being on "wow, Kaby Lake is the same as Skylake and this is bullshit" the tech press would say "Skylake 2 brings minor enhancements to an architecture that we already knew was strong." Boring, but see how the narrative changes?

Kaby Lake was a mistake.

too much of a pain in the ass to deal with non K overclocking

This.

>he didnt buy amd stock last year at $2.00

Taking 15% of 2017's enterprise sales would be pretty big for AMD.
The total server market is around $50b~ per year. This includes non processor items, but of the processors sold X86 constitutes 80% of the market.
AMD pulling even an additional $3b per year would be a tremendous turn around for them. All long term debt gone, massive reinvestments in R&D, improved credit rating leading to stronger outlook as a whole. They'd be sitting very well coupled with GloFo's miracle acquisition of IBM's foundry business and unbridled access to all their IP.

anyone did the math?
(I didn't even open the jpegs)

sub 1% ipc increase?

This is the "optimization" stage of Intel. Which means new igpu. Nothing else.

>stockpiling tech

Still takes time to implement the tech.

Holy fuck the Pentium though

skylake shitters on SUICIDE WATCH
no but really it's always fun when the next generation of intel cpus come out, the previous gen owners get epeen shrinkage and lash out.

Did you mean: We Copy Content Forever Tech?

if I build a computer in the next three months should I spring for one of those thousand dollar i7-____X processors? Or is it kind of not even worth it

I'm doing 3d modeling, machine learning, and some video games

Is the i3 6100 CPU a decent CPU or what's a better CPU for the same price?

Did glofo get IBM's mainframe IP too?

The 6950x is overpriced unless you need the best of the best. Unless you absolutely require that kind of performance immediately then I would wait for Zen's release to knock prices down then pick up a 6800k for a good 6C/12T CPU.

It's decent because it has a high clock speed which will always be relevant in everyday tasks but it's going to continue to get marginalized in demanding workloads as true quad cores become more mainstream.

Thank you for the advice, that's probably what I will do.

What motherboard do you use? Did you have to disable updates and revert the bios version?

I'm basically gonna use it mostly for gaming. I'll probably add a rx 460 since I wanna play kerbal space program and some older games.

Ill upgrade to the zen and rx 480 for games like Arma 3.

Process IP, assets, engineering staff, and they took on the obligations of standing production contracts in addition to being IBM's dedicated fab for their own POWER chips.

That's surprising. I spoke to a mainframe engineer a few years ago and got the impression that a lot of consumer cpu features were rehashed mainframe stuff.

nice performance gains.

>r&d
all the hardwork is done.
all they will do now is let pajeet tweak zen for the next 10 years.

Only US teams have worked on Zen and Zen+ so far.

Intel is finished

>tfw i7 2600k and still rocking

same boat user. its been running basically 24/7 at 4.8ghz since august 2011 without issue. every new generation I convince myself not to upgrade.

>mfw this is the third time intel releases a new lineup with only 0.5-3% increase
meanwhile zen is around the corner ready to provide supercomputing for average customers

I seriously hope you didnt invest in intel stock

Still using 2500K which is fine for most things.

>meanwhile zen is around the corner ready to provide supercomputing for average customers
if anybody you meet ever says anything about amd that includes "just around the corner" you can just ignore them for the rest of your life with no qualms.