Should I get the NVIDIA or the AMD?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/CiYQqNiqQKU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>or
buy both

I haven't got enought money bro

RX480

I always buy superior Nvidia GeForce hardware to ensure that I'm experiencing my game The Way It's Meant to Be Played. You really don't know how playing with off-brand cards is going to affect gameplay.

AMD then

Arguments?

Buy AMD.

The Price difference between the GTX 1060 is marginal, but now currently offers a bit more than Nvidia

>Game DVR without registration
>Better DX12/Vulkan Compatibility

Also AMD now really needs support from people. They just started climbing out of the hole they were in the last couple years.

reasonably good bang/£

depends which 480 and which 1060 you are on about , there are a few different versions.

I own 1080s but between those Id actually go for the 480 8gb one

I use my big boy NVIDIA gpu for cool ai shit like deep learning

Cant do that on your AMD card good sirs

Thinks hes funny when its about as much a hot fart that turns into a shit.

between these two, the 480 no doubt about it

>Thinks hes funny when its about as much

What lol ? You need to work on your English pajeet.

If you actually do anything with your gpu apart from play vidia its best to go with nvidia because

>CUDA libraries
>Unified Memory
>Stable driver support
>Some Linux support in comparison to non existent AMD drivers
>Deep learning support

I would personally choose AMD because the 480 is a better card than the 1060

But fuck AMD, just get a 1060 and enjoy yourself

I need to work on my English? I live in Derbyshire . You couldnt get any more middle of the country.

When you go back to school ask the teacher to explain how its plain english.

480RX is utter trash that competes against heavily oced 970 in dx11 games, not 1060 and 980 like few buttmad Pajeets on Sup Forums want you to believe.

All you can see on this fucking tech illiterate board of commies are some European charts showing how superior AMD is with no actual footage.

Meanwhile you should do your fucking own research, go on youtube, type in the game you want to play, type in the cpu you currently have and then type in 480 or 1060 to see how those cards actually fare on your rig and not some $900 cpu that hides terrible AMD driver overhead. Majority of reviewers are just shills that have to make positive impressions in order to get their free samples of hardware (You don't honestly believe that those faggots actually can afford 20 different cases, cpus and gpus from their own pocket to review) - AMD just ignores that fact as long as it favors their fucking purchase. 480RX is literally 390x/970 gtx made in 2016 and you could buy both those cards for less than 480RX when shops were clearing them to make room for newer products. Trust the customer, not some fucking Ranjeet or wanna be rich codbro that still has let's play videos on his channel.

:^)

Thanks again for the recommendation. Would you suggest a XFX or Sapphire 480?

XFX is getting quite a bit of praise this time around, I would probably go with that if I hadn't already picked up the $259 fury on newegg.

the 480 is hot garbage. 1060 is a much better card (as long as you don't buy the cucked 3gb version), 480 is only a better deal if you can find it for $50-100 less.

t. retard

>hurr anyone who isn't brand loyal like me is a retard hurr

get back to me when AMD makes a decent product, pajeet. right now all they have is perf/w on par with maxlel.

This should be an automated response to these threads.

Why is the 480 hot garbage? I really haven't read anything that has that opinion.

RX480
The 1060 will be gimped later down the road.

But the 480 was gimped to begin with. That's like saying that a banana ripens over time and buying an unripe banana to eat right now.

perf/w is objectively useless for a desktop

Was it the 2gb of extra ram that gimped it?

From what I understand, in terms of raw performance the 480 actually has slight improvements over the 1060. Slight being the keyword. The only downside is with AMD you lose out on things like PhysX, Hairworks, etc. Right now they have no equivalent so if you care about finer details then maybe you'd want to go with a 1060. If you don't care at all or none of the games you play utilize PhysX, then get a 480.

i went with the sapphire model and ive had no problems with it. its not as noisey as people said either.

Which ever one can be found the cheapest now.
youtu.be/CiYQqNiqQKU

What are the good and bad NVIDIA brands?
AMD has XFX and Sapphire, but GIGABYTE is dogshit.

Honestly man they are all dogshit. Anybody that says one manufacturer is better than the other is just relying on their own stupid anecdotal experience. I've owned graphics cards from no less than six different manufacturers over the years. Some are good, some great, some sucked. Would I write off the ones that sucked permanently because I had one mediocre experience? No, because that's not how graphics card quality control works.

I say this all the time in Sup Forums. All of these companies are just different versions of the same Taiwanese hacks that occasionally get things right and occasionally get things wrong. You have to go on a card by card basis. Reviews from sites you trust and reviews from customers are the only way you can be sure. Also, RMA and warranty policy should be considered just in case.