Replaced hdd with ssd on a new laptop, i got delivered today, and now the screen doesn't turn on. What do?

Replaced hdd with ssd on a new laptop, i got delivered today, and now the screen doesn't turn on. What do?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dCj7KKqyOSo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bump

>Boot from external ODD.
>Make sure screen is plugged in securely

What is odd?
I didnt plug screen out but i will check it

well?

try to plug in the hdd and see if something changes.

>plug screen out

unplug, you fucking retard

>Replaced hdd with ssd on a new laptop, i got delivered today, and now the screen doesn't turn on. What do?

I'd say put it in your pooper, I'd be very impressed if you can do it.

probably a cold solder joint, you need to put the mainboard in oven on low heat for a few minutes

I unplug the black cable on the left top corner, there was electricity sound and scorched smell. Now it doesnt turn at all. I gonna kill muself guys.

You didn't remove the battery, did you?

obv not.

when you're done killing yourself, order a new psu

did you installed the ssd with the computer on

>need to remove keyboard and entire inner face to replace HDD

Holy hell... Are you sure that was necessary?

Yes that is common on these new HP laptops.
ahahaha retard.

If you're too fucking stupid to upgrade HDD on a laptop, don't even bother trying.

Wow HP. I wouldn't even expect something that retarded to be a thing so I would never think to look it up beforehand. Tech is moving backwards I swear.

Did you follow some youtube video for the disassembly or did you just try to do it blindly YOU DUMB FUCK

People who try to do basic shit like this without following simple instructions that are found online, truly deserve the outcome

It's like with cars - on Renault it takes you a friggin hour to change a lightbulb in your headlights, on a VW it takes 5 mins

I've seen recent Dell models that only need one screw to be removed to get to the hard drive, memory and wireless card

>
>Wow HP. I wouldn't even expect something that retarded to be a thing so I would never think to look it up beforehand. Tech is moving backwards I swear.

Yah I had 2 HPs come in for ssd upgrades had to do this on both

Fucking stupid.

>Buying consumer grade hp laptops

Consumer HP trash has always been like that though, i got a bunch of 6yo HP laptops and you literally need to disassemble them completely to change any part.

what else should I buy, military grade hp laptops?

I don't get it either. Why would you assemble something with screws that is already plastic snap-tabbed together? It only ensures that if these computers are dropped the plastic screwholes shear away and the casing is fucked, whereas if it were merely snapped together it could be easily reassembled.
And fuck no access panels, not even for RAM, why?
Dell still makes Inspirons with HDD and RAM access, but not their lowest-end (they're still way easier to take apart than HP).

new laptops are such shit you have to rip them apart for a simple hdd replacment, which is the reason i bought a x220 and gave my sister my (((current year))) asus. this macbook meme needs to die.

Try this OP

>Unplug the SSD and boot with nothing
>Go into the BIOS menu
>Look and make sure you have AHCI enabled instead of ATA in the bios
>Shut down
>Plug SSD in
>Boot and see what happens

whats worse is that because they are small and thin and light they are seen as even more disposable by normies.

Business grade, you imbecile.

Yes

youtube.com/watch?v=dCj7KKqyOSo

i tried to open my asus but the noise the plastic makes when you try to detach the keyboard is disturbing.

Not *entirely* true, on the current Dell XPS line, you have to remove screws to remove bottom plate, then you have easy access to your components.

The big upside is that Dell publishes technical documents on how to do this shit.

Nope, just one step up will do, which is business class. elitebook, precision, thinkpad is what you want.

You need to look up the hardware maintenance manual before you do this, regardless of consumer or business class. It will always have one part out of 20 that uses tabs versus screws and you'll have no way of knowing them before stripping it and it won't fit back on. Best example is the LCD bezels for thinkpads, every other single connector is a screw on the whole laptop but the middle of the bezel is held on by pressure from the plastic pushing outward and fitting into snap tabs.

Why would you ever need a computer that can withstand a car?

except I'm not not a buisness-guy. I'm a student. I wanna look cool and not spook all the ladies with giant meme grade bricks that look like sh*t