IPS monitor or TN monitor?

IPS monitor or TN monitor?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=79r5rxS276Y
youtube.com/watch?v=1aVOKghpcdU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

does not matter.

anyone who says it matters is baiting.

Do you think color is better than refresh rate?

IPS has better colours, TN has better refresh rate. If you don't care about a few milliseconds refresh rate I would recommend IPS (if you don't play something like competitive shooters).

Go to any electronic store near you where they have monitors on display. The difference in colour is pretty obvious.

different user but can you post images comparing the two's colors? really curious because im using a benq xl2411

If you want the best image quality, and don't care about paying an extra premium for it, the IPS

If you care about response time and refresh rate, and are okay with noticeably worse quality (typically colors and brightness), or want to save money - then go with a TN panel. Personally if you're staying at 60hz then I would always go with an IPad.

neither

>forgetting about ips glow

These show IPS and TN side by side.

youtube.com/watch?v=79r5rxS276Y

youtube.com/watch?v=1aVOKghpcdU

The thing is, I don't know HOW bad IPS monitors are when it comes to lag. I know response time and lag are two different things, but for a lot of IPS, no lag input records are anywhere.

The only thing stopping me from getting an IPS is I don't want to build an expensive PC only to feel lag input. Then again, shitty colors is also a dumb decision. it's hard to gauge how major the tradeoff here because there's no way to test these monitors yourself unless you know someone with both

IPS glow should only happen on broken or dirt cheap off-brand displays.

S-IPS or H-IPS.
TN is trash. Only blind jonah hill gaymer types looking motherfuckers that can't see their cock would suggest or use a TN panel.

>The only thing stopping me from getting an IPS is I don't want to build an expensive PC only to feel lag input. Then again, shitty colors is also a dumb decision. it's hard to gauge how major the tradeoff here because there's no way to test these monitors yourself unless you know someone with both

You never feel the lag, at all, unless you play something where litteral milliseconds change your experience (like counterstrike, cant think of litterally anything else), or if you want to enjoy that sweet sweet 144hz. Plus, you get better color accuracy, and it doesn't matter what angle you view the screen at, where TN can irritate you if you are looking at it off angle.

No, IPS glow happens on all IPS-type panels. It is an inherent part of the technology and can only be mitigated with a polarizer (which is extremely uncommon in consumer displays and has its own drawbacks).

Backlight bleeding however can happen on any LCD panel, not just IPS, and is indeed a sign of poor build quality and QC. And it doesn't just happen on broken or cheap monitors, unfortunately. A lot of so-called "high-end" monitors can suffer from backlight bleed regardless of how trusted the brand is.

Be sure to always order your monitors from somewhere with a good return/exchange policy, kids, like Amazon or B&H.

>purchasing technology for the sake of the technology
Stop this. Look at the performance, judge what is important for you and make a decision. You can do this without knowing what panel type is inside the display.

>oh hey lets make a repeat thread for (You)s

literal reddit behavior

Tfw no noticeable ips glow/quality problems on a U2515H. And this shit cost like 300€

TN can bring you 144hz, low response times, high res, and 10-bit color (something most IPS panels dont have) all at a reasonable price (I got mine for $500)
These criteria for an IPS monitor would be near $1000

>no IPS glow on this affordable IPS monitor
I very much doubt that.

Not TN. Not IPS (or e-IPS) either. Get AH-IPS.

IPS is a meme, it costs more to tack on to a screen than gsync, and it happens to make response worse
>But iPhones have it!!!

I have the same screen, that shit's pretty solid.

This unit is the best one I've seen.

Found a ~year old pic at 20?% brightness, very slight glow in upper left corner but even that has gotten better with time.

IPS.

The only possible reason TN could ever be better is for gaming, and if that's all you use a monitor for, you're spending mommy and daddy's money and not your own anyway.

>TN has pathetic colours, viewing angles and contrast
>IPS has pathetic contrast and miserable black levels
>VA has shit response times and also awful viewing angles/black crush
>OLED literally fucking deteriorates because lolorganic

MicroLED FUCKING when?

>let's see how good IPS color is by seeing it on my TN monitor

I have a newish LG IPS and sometimes when it goes from a dark to a lighter image it's as if the screen takes a second or two to adjust/fade.

Am I imagining things or what?

Use your iPhone it's glorious IPS because Apple knows what Sup Forums wants

Come on tards get it together.

You want a high end S-PVA

OLED > plasma > AH-VA > power gap > IPS > TN

thistbhfam

CRT

Turn off its power saving feature.

Source: I have an LG IPS too.

Sadly, they don't make them anymore. I'm stuck with an 8 year old S-PVA Eizo because I can't stand the shitty blacks on all modern IPS displays.

AHVA is IPS you idiot