Hey Sup Forums graphic designer, photographer, videomaker here

Hey Sup Forums graphic designer, photographer, videomaker here.
I might update my laptop and can't decide between another macbook, not the last one with the touchpad but rather a 15" retina (current laptop is apple) or a Windows Surface Book.

Apart the applememe, is the surface good enough for my needs ? I game a little too and 3D is more and more used in my workflow.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9xvj6qG5BWc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

youtu.be/9xvj6qG5BWc

surfacebooks are really shitty and buggy still i prefer surface pro 3 or 4

You nigger, I know how to google. I'm asking for opinions not a fucking youtube video

>buggy
explain

why do people spend money on shit macbooks when iMacs exist?

Because I travel a lot and need a powerfull workstation.

>answering your own question in the op

don't get a macbook unless it's a pro
really tho all you need is razer

think before you post

razor has no touchscreen/tablet/stylus
I could really use it for good in my job

My only fear with windows compared to a macbook is the longevity.

Macs run as fast as day one even after 4-5 years. Can't tell the same for windows computers

you can get a laptop that blows the fuck out of both of those computers for way cheaper.

toddler detected

i am poor and have a thinkpad. not relevant.

are you on fucking drugs?

Go for the surface if you intend to do a lot of illustrative work or Photoshop in general.

>why do people spend money on shit laptops when desktops exist?
not at all, dumbass

>I game a little too and 3D is more and more used in my workflow.

Then buy a fucking laptop with a decent graphics card, you miserable helpless fuck. Fucking block this board in your hosts file too. This isnt r/HelpMeBuyALaPtopXd

>can't comprehend what i wrote

>triggered as fuck
me to, Sup Forumsrother! He needs to STAY THE FUCK OFF our board Sup Forumsargueoverdistrosandshitpost

Tell me then, what laptop.
Also, design factor is important, sounds silly but I need to look sharp with clients.

I do all three as well. Just bought the new Apple laptop myself.

Go to a local Best Buy and check them out. I really like the surface book after reading about it online, but in person not so much. The hinge design is super weird(but it is cool how you separate by pressing a button on the keyboard) and it makes the laptop terribly thick, and it doesn't feel like it closes properly due to the design. Plus, the way they implemented the material design it feels like it will ding up super easily.

What sold the MBP for me was the utility of USB-C. I'm sure like myself, you use your laptop to edit on the go and such, but like to have a good setup back at the house. I bought two of the new LG 4K monitors that connect via USB-C, so a single cable to plug into the laptop will transfer the video, audio, and data signals, so I can edit using bigger/multiple screens when necessary. Plus, my Card reader and storage drives can just stay hooked up to the monitor so no fumbling around with anything, and I bought a secondary card reader for travel.

>and 3D is more and more used in my workflow.

Do not get mac anything.

Get whatever you want, but any professional that only works on a laptop isnt a real professional.

xps 15 is probably the best mbp alternative right now

4k (touch) screen, i7, 16gb with 960 gpu

the sdd and memory are expandable

maybe wait for the update with kaby lake and a 1050 which will probably arrive early next year

If you're a "graphic designer, photographer, videomaker", literally *the* most important piece of eqiupment is a goddamn monitor. Neither of those laptops has a display comparable to a dedicated graphics monitor like Nec or Eizo it terms of gamut, stability, uniformity, HW calibration capability etc. but if you really have to choose beetween the two, go with the Mac.

well nobody should talk shit like you do, you don't even know what is my job.

that would be efficiant with a desktop not a laptop.
I work mostly on a laptop because I don't have an office, always on the road