Is Solus The Best Desktop Distro Currently For Linux Beginners?

Is Solus The Best Desktop Distro Currently For Linux Beginners?

I Set It Up For A Friend Recently Who Got Tired Of W10 Fucking His Shit Up And He's Really Liking It So Far. Looks Like It's Even More Difficult To Break Than Mint Or Ubuntu, Really Stable, Has What Most Normies Will Need Already Installed Or Available In The Repos, And It's So Much Faster.
I Had To Go Over A Couple Of Times For Shit Like Setting Up His Printer, But It's Been A Flawless Experience So Far.

There is nothing compelling whatsoever for me to use Solus. Why should I?

Are you looking for a stable distro that much werks, is fast, efficient, and stable while also being bleeding edge and having optimisation's no other distro does?

If the answer to that is no, then you have no compelling reason whatsoever to use Solus.

Lel
but seriously, I already have that.

how do you hit the shift key that much without hurting your pinky finger

It's good for beginners. It's easy to install and comes with plenty of good software.

How does steam run on it?

is this the new desktop thread

Is SoMus THe Best Desktop DJstRo CuRReɴtMʏ FoR LJɴux BeGJɴɴeRs?

I Set It Up FoR A FRJeɴd ReceɴtMʏ WHo Got TJRed Oꜰ W10 FuckJɴG HJs SHJt Up Aɴd He's ReᴀMMʏ LJkJɴG It So FᴀR. Looks LJke It's Eveɴ MoRe DJꜰꜰJcuMt To BReᴀk THᴀɴ MJɴt OR Uʙuɴtu, ReᴀMMʏ StᴀʙMe, Hᴀs WHᴀt Most NoRmJes WJMM Need AMReᴀdʏ IɴstᴀMMed OR AvᴀJMᴀʙMe Iɴ THe Repos, Aɴd It's So MucH FᴀsteR.
I Hᴀd To Go OveR A CoupMe Oꜰ TJmes FoR SHJt LJke SettJɴG Up HJs PRJɴteR, But It's Beeɴ A FMᴀwMess ExpeRJeɴce So FᴀR.

Honestly so much better than other distros (regarding issues, not performance) thanks to their optimised runtimes.

You'll probably also see a 1-3 fps performance gain, and better drivers because muh bleeding edge.

After someone complained about csgo, ikey bought it himself to do some tests and fixed it up. Really good development community.

Їṧ $oMʊ$нeBεṧ⊥Ð℮ṧк⊥◎P Ðḯṧґ Cυґя℮η⊥l¥ F◎ґḺηʊϰ B℮їηηeґṧ⁇

Ї $℮⊥ I⊥ ṲP F◎я ѦFяḯ℮ηⅾR℮ḉeᾔM¥ ШHḠтїґ℮ⅾƒШ10Fü¢кїη Hṧ ϟнїт ṲP ∀ηⅾ εṧ R℮αlł⑂Mкїηg Iт $ ℉αґ▣ M◎кṧMїкe I$ ∃ṽ℮ᾔґε Ðїƒƒ¢ül⊥ ◎Bґ℮@ḱн@ᾔ Nηт ґ Üʊη⊥ü,RεαMł⑂ $⊥αßMε,H@ṧШ@т◎ṧИґღḯεṧ ШMM ℵεe∂ÅMґεα∂ƴЇηṧтαMłe∂ яѦṽαїł@ßłε Їη HεR℮ρ◎ṧ, Ѧηⅾ Iтṧ$◎ü¢H Fαṧтεя▣
IĦαⅾ †ḠѺeґ ∀℃oʊρl℮ ḟ †ḯмεṧ℉◎ґ $нїтḺїк℮$eт⊥ḯηṲP $Pяḯη⊥eґ, ฿ü Iṧ฿eeη∀ Flαωlεṧ$ ∃ϰPeґїεᾔḉεϟ◎ ℉αґ▣

I don't game on computers. I would just buy an xbone for that.

But it's linux so i would imagine if steam will run on ubuntu it will run on solus too.

"thanks to their optimized runtimes"

lol

go to bed Kevin

Can you prove him wrong?
If not then fuck off

ApricityOS

Budgie is fucking garbage

Thank you for reminding me to add solus to my filters.

The way you type indicates severe neurological troubles. See a doctor immediately. Not joking.

What is Mate, Gnome 3, and i3?
I'll tell you what.
>Also available on Solus

>find solus
>love solus
>log into Sup Forums one day
>it's now a meme
Don't ruin this for me

12 $o|_u2 7E|-| 8E$7 |)E$/ |)1$7RO /|-|or |_1|\|u>< 8e91|\||\|eR2?

1 $E7 17 U|> |>|-|or 4 |>|-|R1e|\||) re|-|U |-|12 |>R1|\|7er, 8u7 17'2 8ee|\| 4 |>|-||_4\|/|_E$$ E>Er1e|\||-|4r.

fuck off kevin

Because the package manager has almost no packages. You never have to wonder if the package manager has a certain piece of software because it never has. It simplifies the process because it makes you find a way to deal without it

IS SOLUS DE BEST DESKDOB DISTRO KURRENDLY FOR LINUX BEGINNERS?

I SED IT UP FOR A FRIEND RECENDLY WHO GOD DIRED OF W10 FUGIN HIS SHIT UP AND HE'S REALLY LIGIN IT SO FAR. LOOGS LIKE IT'S EBN MORE DIFFIKULT TO BREAG DAN MIND OR UBUNDU, REALLY SDABLE, HAS WAD MOST NORMIES WILL NEED ALREADY INSDALLED OR AVAILABLE IN DE REBOS, AND IT'S SO MUCH FASDER.

I HAD TO GO OBER A GOUBLE OF DIEMS FOR SHIT LIKE SEDGIN UP HIS PRINDER, BUT IT'S BEEN A FLAWLESS EXBERIENCE SO FAR. :DDDD :DDDDD

b-but it thought my ad blocker was working

EBIN XDDD

Who cares what Sup Forums thinks? It's still a really great distro, just enjoy it and put Kevin in your filters when you come here

oh, i will put solus in my filters too

@58111431
U fucking piece of shit, this is the first time I'm actually replying to your shit "Is this the new desktop thread?" question. I've always held myself back but now I just can't handle it anymore. You're a fucking piece of shit and should seriously kill yourself because NO, this isn't the new desktop thread and NO, THE DESKTOP THREADS ARE OFF Sup Forums BY NOW YOU FUCKING AUTISTIC SHIT. You're even pretending to be fucking female even tho you probably have a dick, please kill yourself already, you have a serious mental disorder, nobody can help you and your pedophilia anime fetish. SO FUCK OFF, YOU'RE PISSING OFF EVERYONE HERE AT Sup Forums. I WISH THE MODS BANNED YOU OR THAT YOUR FUCKING TRASH PC FILLED WITH ANIME PEDOPHILIA DIES ALREADY. Please don't every try to reproduce either with a male or female you fucking imbecile. You seriously make me so mad every time you post over here you fucking mentally challenged neckbeard. I hope you're aware of how everybody hates you over here and how much of a moron you are, you fuckong cuntbag. You probably still live in your mother's basement and I hope you fucking know how much of a dissapointment you are to your parents and how much you should be ashamed of yourself and your stupid question and riced weeaboo desktop. So fuck off and never come back cause I will find you and when I do, I will wipe your stupid hard drive and all shit that's on it and I will put you in a mental hospital where you belong or make you kill yourself so you'll finally end this stupid bullshit. FUCK OFF ALREADY. KILL YOURSELF. DO SOMETHING, JUST DONT EVER POST HERE AGAIN OR I'LL FUCKING SLICE YOUR THROAT YOU FUCKING UGLY ASS PEDOPHILE! THIS ISNT THE NEW FUCKING DESKTOP THREAD FUCK OFF THERE ARENT ANY DESKTOP THREADS, STOP POSTING ALREADY. FUCK YOU, FUCK YOUR IRRESPONSIBLE PARENTS AND FUCK EVERYONE AROUND YOU FOR RAISING YOU LIKE THAT. FUCK OFF!!!

Fuck off, Kevin

No. You fuck off Jacquana!

The butthurt levels are off the charts.

It must be a disgruntled Arch or Ubuntu user.

Or a Fedora user who saw the boot times on Solus :^)

Can someone tell me about this kevinnet meme shit?
Just give it to me straight, I'm not really feeling like having to look all over the place for this shit, last time I did I didn't find jack.

I just installed Solus after my HDD blew up, seemed pretty clean, few QOL things I'm missing but that's about it.

Just a meme to scare people away from Solus because Sup Forums autists hate software that just werks.

It's one user spamming his shit though, so just ignore it.

I'm installing LFS with wayland kde, openrc, linux-libre, minimal gnu userland and a lot of material design stuff, feels good to not be a distro cuck

It also feels good not being autistic.

Holy shit learn how to type, dumb millenial.

Holy shit.
Learn how to type, you dumb Millennial.

To learn the autistic new package manager,and it commands

>not just using pacman

kevin was the first solus shill. Aftward the shilling exploded,so they called it botnet since it unknown origins.

>try to use xinitrc to see the set up
>no xinitrc
>no pacman

>suppose to be arch,yet uses a different package manger

>suppose to be Arch
But user, Solus is unbreakable.

Trust me on that, my mom uses it and it's been the best month of my life ever since she wanted my help to buy her a pc.

how do you break a OS,and much less arch fag?

Holy shit.
Learn how to type, you dumb millennial.

Update Arch, it usually breaks everything.

no it doesn't the only thing you might get is an update without an up to date key.

Arch has a reputation for breaking for a reason.
Yeah, it's greatly exaggerated by idiots who never used it, but it's still true to some extent.

Haha! You Sup Forums "Arch works" trolls. Arch is a error simulator for people who enjoy recreational tech support on their own computers. Because you always get such exotic errors and nobody is more unhelpful, evil and rude than arch users. It's like people on Sup Forums if everyone was an asshole.

The best you can hope for is a "Look in the wiki" where there of course are no solutions.

I used Arch, it's good for people who want to learn and need an excuse for reading documentation and rewriting config files.

You know your low quality shilling actually drives people off Solus, right? You are doing nothing right, not even Ikey likes you.

Arch has the best wiki of any distro I've ever seen or tried.
Yeah, it breaks really easily, but it's also super easy to fix usually thanks to the wiki.

You're right though, it is a learning distro.

>Arch has the best wiki of any distro I've ever seen or tried.

Still does not solve 99% of the issues you might run into on arch. Sound works, but only for 244 seconds after running some media file until you reboot? no solutions in the wiki. No internet when installing? no solutions in the wiki, the only thing it says is "connect ethernet" but that has never worked any of the times I have tried. There are no solutions in the wiki for that, need to be creative and do some hacks to be able to install arch.

>only for 244 seconds after running some media file until you reboot?
It comes back on after the 245th second
>No internet when installing? no solutions in the wiki
If you type sudo give internet Arch will give you internet

Solus BTFO lel

Ancient hardware is usually an issue on Arch.

I haven't had any issues on machines using hardware past 2010, and I've installed it successfully on at least 8 different machines.

And from my own personal experience, it's much more stable than my previous distros. As I started out with Linux as my main desktop about 2 years ago, Arch is the one I've stayed with the longest purely out of stability. Ubuntu eventually shat itself, and Mint started popping up "An error has occured" messages all day, seemingly out of nowhere.

Arch has been trouble-free for me. My only actual issue with it is I had troubles re-installing Nvidia drivers when changing my GPU. Ended up reinstalling the entire system, but that was a quick and painless process since I kept my home partition in-tact. Was back up and running with all my rice and customizing within 30 minutes.

Fucking retard , stop spreading this meme , I've been updating Arch almost daily for months and I haven't broken shit, also it's not like you cant have track of what you're updating to install previous versions if something happens, you have to be a complete mongoloid to get this kind of shit, also documentation is larger than any other distro by far, something that solus babies wouldn't know since everything is spoon-fed to them.

Fuck off, Kevin.

>Still does not solve 99% of the issues you might run into on arch.
It does actually.

Pretty much, yeah.

Debian + Cinnamon
Debian + Gnome3

You can never go wrong with the above. Largest collection of packages and apt is very easy to use even for a retard like me.

Solus + Budgie

wreck that shift button, f.am