Thoughts on these cheap things? $40 isnt bad for a pretty barebones device

Thoughts on these cheap things? $40 isnt bad for a pretty barebones device

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z7bpRcnBRmY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

there locked down to force you to use amazons app store instead of googles and don't allow encryption.

first bit isn't a deal breaker but that second is a fiasco waiting to happen.

on that note can anyone reccomend any cheap decent tablets.

Just buy a refurbished Nexus 7 2013 for like $65 more. You'll be able to get unofficial Nougat and you won't have shitty ads on the lockscreen. Kindles are shit and full of backdoors as pointed out. I wouldn't use one if you paid me.

>windows
Even worse. Windows 10 is like scraping the bottom of the barrel with a rusty spoon covered in HIV infected blood, then licking off whatever rotten sludge you were able to get out of said barrel.

Is it still possible to install CM or something on these things? I have an original one and it was fairly painless to install CM on it.

yes. mines flashed with CM w/ lite GAPPS. works so much better than Amazons shitty OS.

How?

just google it

But the spoon is included in the price, right?

Get yourself an RCA Galileo Pro from Walmart. If you can get past the screen, it's bretty gud.

Kobo arc 7

You just have to download 4 apks and install them to get access to Google Play

Just one of dozens of videos

youtube.com/watch?v=z7bpRcnBRmY

I kind of want to get one of those, but I just need $20 in parts to fix my Nexus 7 2012

Should be good as long as it's not a first gen Fire.

The chinks didn't use enough solder on the micro usb port when they assembled most of them.

SHould have ordered back on Black Friday/Week, they were $33. Got one and $30 off a Fire HD 8.

It's good so far for browsing online, reading PDFs, and watching videos.

Soldering is piss easy, m8.

Are there android browsers that can run am ad blocker?

Got 2 for my kids with CM installed. Pretty great for the price.

I installed Google Play and installed FireFox with ublock Origin

I got the Fire HD 8, and I've been pleasantly surprised by it. its a good little tablet.

i've got a fire hd 6
used imported app stores to play some japanese 3d cartoon titty games till they shut down
now i just use it for anki

they're okay but if you throw any workload on them, they're fucking scorching hot (HAHA AND IT'S CALL FIRE, GET IT?? DO YOU GET IT?? BECAUSE IT'S OVERHEATING) and you need to figure out some surface to use as a makeshift heatsink under it